An evaluation of the impact of industrial restructuring on individual human capital accumulation in France (1956-1993)
This article evaluates the effect of French industrial restructuring on individual human capital accumulation during 1956-1993. We use data from the French Training and Occupational Skills survey and the Population Census (INSEE). We estimate a function of human capital accumulation using two econometric strategies (controlling for covariates; instrumental variables). We show that industrial restructuring has a negative impact on individual human capital accumulation for the children of blue-collar workers.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.tepp.eu/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Patricia Beeson & Fredrick Tannery, 2004. "The Impact of Industrial Restructuring on Earnings Inequality: The Decline of Steel and Earnings in Pittsburgh," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(1), pages 21-41.
- Daouli, Joan & Demoussis, Michael & Giannakopoulos, Nicholas, 2010. "Mothers, fathers and daughters: Intergenerational transmission of education in Greece," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 83-93, February.
- Daniel Courgeau & Monique Meron, 1995. "Mobilité résidentielle, activité et vie familiale des couples," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 290(1), pages 17-31.
- Patricia Beeson & Lara Shore-Sheppard & Kathryn Shaw, 2001. "Industrial change and wage inequality: Evidence from the steel industry," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 54(2), pages 466-483, March.
- Becker, Gary S & Tomes, Nigel, 1986.
"Human Capital and the Rise and Fall of Families,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(3), pages S1-39, July.
- Gary S. Becker & Nigel Tomes, . "Human Capital and the Rise and Fall of Families," University of Chicago - Population Research Center 84-10, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Bluestone, Barry, 1990. "The Impact of Schooling and Industrial Restructuring on Recent Trends in Wage Inequality in the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 303-07, May.
- Gary S. Becker & Nigel Tomes, 1976.
"Child Endowments, and the Quantity and Quality of Children,"
NBER Working Papers
0123, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Becker, Gary S & Tomes, Nigel, 1976. "Child Endowments and the Quantity and Quality of Children," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages S143-62, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tep:teppwp:wp13-09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sylvain)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.