Torts, Expertise, and Authority: Liability of Physicians and Managed Care Organizations
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jennifer Arlen & W. Bentley MacLeod, 2005. "Torts, Expertise, and Authority: Liability of Physicians and Managed Care Organizations," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 36(3), pages 494-519, Autumn.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bisso, Juan Carlos & Choi, Albert H., 2008. "Optimal agency contracts: The effect of vicarious liability and judicial error," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 166-174, September.
- James B. Rebitzer & Mark E. Votruba, 2011. "Organizational Economics and Physician Practices," NBER Working Papers 17535, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:indorg:v:57:y:2018:i:c:p:114-146 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Yongmin & Li, Jianpei & Zhang, Jin, 2017. "Liability in Markets for Credence Goods," MPRA Paper 80206, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniel Montanera, 2016. "The importance of negative defensive medicine in the effects of malpractice reform," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 17(3), pages 355-369, April.
- Lakdawalla, Darius N. & Seabury, Seth A., 2012.
"The welfare effects of medical malpractice liability,"
International Review of Law and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 356-369.
- Darius N. Lakdawalla & Seth A. Seabury, 2009. "The Welfare Effects of Medical Malpractice Liability," NBER Working Papers 15383, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Janet Currie & W. Bentley MacLeod, 2008. "First Do No Harm? Tort Reform and Birth Outcomes," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 123(2), pages 795-830.
- Paola Bertoli & Veronica Grembi, 2017.
"Medical Malpractice: How Legal Liability Affects Medical Decisions,"
CERGE-EI Working Papers
wp600, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Bertoli, P.; Grembi, V.;, 2017. "Medical Malpractice: How legal liability affects medical decisions," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 17/14, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Donald J., Wright, 2011.
"Medical malpractice and physician liability under a negligence rule,"
International Review of Law and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 205-211, September.
- Wright, Donald J., 2011. "Medical Malpractice and Physician Liability Under a Negligence Rule," Working Papers 2011-04, University of Sydney, School of Economics.
- Janet Currie & W. Bentley MacLeod, 2017.
"Diagnosing Expertise: Human Capital, Decision Making, and Performance among Physicians,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 35(1), pages 1-43.
- Janet Currie & W. Bentley MacLeod, 2013. "Diagnosing Expertise: Human Capital, Decision Making and Performance Among Physicians," NBER Working Papers 18977, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Randall D. Cebul & James B. Rebitzer & Lowell J. Taylor & Mark E. Votruba, 2008.
"Organizational Fragmentation and Care Quality in the U.S. Healthcare System,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 22(4), pages 93-113, Fall.
- Randall D. Cebul & James B. Rebitzer & Lowell J. Taylor & Mark Votruba, 2008. "Organizational Fragmentation and Care Quality in the U.S. Health Care System," NBER Working Papers 14212, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel Carvell & Janet Currie & W. Bentley MacLeod, 2012.
"Accidental death and the rule of joint and several liability,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 43(1), pages 51-77, March.
- Daniel Carvell & Janet Currie & W. Bentley MacLeod, 2009. "Accidental Death and the Rule of Joint and Several Liability," NBER Working Papers 15412, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ste:nystbu:04-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Viveca Licata). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ednyuus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.