The clean development mechanism versus international permit trading: the effect on technological change
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hagem, Cathrine, 2009. "The clean development mechanism versus international permit trading: The effect on technological change," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 1-12, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cathrine Hagem, 2002. "A Note on The Kyoto Protocol, Tradeable Quotas and Firm Survival," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 22(3), pages 467-468, July.
- Jeremy I. Bulow & John Geanakoplos & Paul D. Klemperer, 1983. "Multimarket Oligopoly," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 674, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Montero, Juan-Pablo, 2002. "Permits, Standards, and Technology Innovation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 23-44, July.
- Kjersti-Gro Lindquist, 1994. "Testing for Market Power in the Norwegian Primary Aluminium Industry," Discussion Papers 132, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- James A. Brander & Barbara J. Spencer, 1983. "Strategic Commitment with R&D: The Symmetric Case," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(1), pages 225-235, Spring.
- Fischer, Carolyn, 2005.
"Project-based mechanisms for emissions reductions: balancing trade-offs with baselines,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(14), pages 1807-1823, September.
- Fischer, Carolyn, 2004. "Project-Based Mechanisms for Emissions Reductions: Balancing Trade-offs with Baselines," Discussion Papers dp-04-32, Resources For the Future.
- Greaker, Mads, 2003. "Strategic environmental policy; eco-dumping or a green strategy?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 692-707, May.
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, January.
- Millock, Katrin, 2002.
"Technology transfers in the Clean Development Mechanism: an incentives issue,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(03), pages 449-466, July.
- K. Millock, 2002. "Technology transfers in the Clean Development Mechanism: an incentives issue," Post-Print hal-00716425, HAL.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1980.
"The Role of Investment in Entry-Deterrence,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(357), pages 95-106, March.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1979. "The Role of Investment in Entry-Deterrence," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 140, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Steffen Kallbekken & Hege Westskog, 2005. "Should Developing Countries Take on Binding Commitments in a Climate Agreement? An Assessment of Gains and Uncertainty," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 41-60.
- Requate, Till, 1998.
"Incentives to innovate under emission taxes and tradeable permits,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 139-165, February.
- Requate, Till, 2017. "Incentives to innovate under emission taxes and tradeable permits," Center for Mathematical Economics Working Papers 222, Center for Mathematical Economics, Bielefeld University.
- Breton, Michele & Zaccour, Georges & Zahaf, Mehdi, 2006. "A game-theoretic formulation of joint implementation of environmental projects," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 168(1), pages 221-239, January.
- Franz Wirl & Claus Huber & I.O Walker, 1998. "Joint Implementation: Strategic Reactions and Possible Remedies," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 12(2), pages 203-224, September.
- Adam Jaffe & Richard Newell & Robert Stavins, 2002. "Environmental Policy and Technological Change," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 22(1), pages 41-70, June.
- Sheng-Peng Yang, 2001. "Measuring Market Power in the U.S. Aluminum Industry: A Residual Demand Approach," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 19(3), pages 365-380, November.
- Cathrine Hagem, 1996. "Joint implementation under asymmetric information and strategic behavior," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 8(4), pages 431-447, December.
- Peter Bohm, 2002. "Improving Cost-effectiveness and Facilitating Participation of Developing Countries in International Emissions Trading," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 261-273, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Strand, Jon, 2011.
"Carbon offsets with endogenous environmental policy,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 371-378, March.
- Strand, Jon, 2010. "Carbon offsets with endogenous environmental policy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5296, The World Bank.
- Klepper, Gernot, 2011. "The future of the European Emission Trading System and the Clean Development Mechanism in a post-Kyoto world," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 687-698, July.
- Imai, Kenichi, 2015. "Assessing the Effects of Kyoto Mechanisms on the Diffusion of Climate Change Mitigation Technologies," AGI Working Paper Series 2015-15, Asian Growth Research Institute.
- Strand, Jon & Rosendahl, Knut Einar, 2012. "Global emissions effects of CDM projects with relative baselines," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 533-548.
More about this item
KeywordsClimate Policy; Technology Adoption; Emission Trading; Clean Development Mechanism; Technological Change; Cournot Competition;
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-11-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2007-11-10 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2007-11-10 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-INO-2007-11-10 (Innovation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ssb:dispap:521. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (L Maasø). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ssbgvno.html .