Estimating Healthcare Demand for an Aging Population: A Flexible and Robust Bayesian Joint Model
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Roula Tsonaka & Geert Verbeke & Emmanuel Lesaffre, 2009. "A Semi-Parametric Shared Parameter Model to Handle Nonmonotone Nonignorable Missingness," Biometrics, The International Biometric Society, vol. 65(1), pages 81-87, March.
- Rainer Winkelmann, 2004.
"Health care reform and the number of doctor visits-an econometric analysis,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(4), pages 455-472.
- Winkelmann, Rainer, 2001. "Health Care Reform and the Number of Doctor Visits - An Econometric Analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers 3021, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Winkelmann, Rainer, 2001. "Health Care Reform and the Number of Doctor Visits - An Econometric Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 317, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Smith, Michael & Kohn, Robert, 1996.
"Nonparametric regression using Bayesian variable selection,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 317-343, December.
- Smith, M. & Kohn, R., "undated". "Nonparametric Regression using Bayesian Variable Selection," Statistics Working Paper _009, Australian Graduate School of Management.
- Atella, Vincenzo & Deb, Partha, 2008. "Are primary care physicians, public and private sector specialists substitutes or complements? Evidence from a simultaneous equations model for count data," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 770-785, May.
- Deb, Partha & Trivedi, Pravin K, 1997. "Demand for Medical Care by the Elderly: A Finite Mixture Approach," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(3), pages 313-336, May-June.
- Markus Jochmann & Roberto León-González, 2004.
"Estimating the demand for health care with panel data: a semiparametric Bayesian approach,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(10), pages 1003-1014.
- Markus Jochmann & Roberto Leon-Gonzalez, 2003. "Estimating the Demand for Health Care with Panel Data: A Semiparametric Bayesian Approach," Working Papers 2003005, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2003.
- Michael D. Hurd & Kathleen McGarry, 2002.
"The Predictive Validity of Subjective Probabilities of Survival,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(482), pages 966-985, October.
- Michael D. Hurd & Kathleen McGarry, 1997. "The Predictive Validity of Subjective Probabilities of Survival," NBER Working Papers 6193, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brian Neelon & A. James O'Malley & Sharon-Lise T. Normand, 2011. "A Bayesian Two-Part Latent Class Model for Longitudinal Medical Expenditure Data: Assessing the Impact of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Parity," Biometrics, The International Biometric Society, vol. 67(1), pages 280-289, March.
- Malay Naskar & Kalyan Das, 2006. "Semiparametric Analysis of Two-Level Bivariate Binary Data," Biometrics, The International Biometric Society, vol. 62(4), pages 1004-1013, December.
More about this item
Keywordsaging; Bayesian methods; healthcare demand; joint model; splines;
- C11 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Bayesian Analysis: General
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2012-11-03 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2012-11-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2012-11-03 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-HEA-2012-11-03 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:shf:wpaper:2012027. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jacob Holmes). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/desheuk.html .