What Belongs Where? Variable Selection for Zero-Inflated Count Models with an Application to the Demand for Health Care
t Belongs Where? Variable Selection for Zero-Inflated Count Models with an Application to the Demand for Health Care
|Date of creation:||Oct 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +44 (0)141 548 3842
Fax: +44 (0)141 548 4445
Web page: http://www.strath.ac.uk/economics/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Deb, Partha & Munkin, Murat K. & Trivedi, Pravin K., 2006. "Private Insurance, Selection, and Health Care Use: A Bayesian Analysis of a Roy-Type Model," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 24, pages 403-415, October.
- Street, Andrew & Jones, Andrew & Furuta, Aya, 1999. "Cost-sharing and pharmaceutical utilisation and expenditure in Russia," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 459-472, August.
- Gert G. Wagner & Joachim R. Frick & Jürgen Schupp, 2007.
"The German Socio-Economic Panel Study (SOEP): Scope, Evolution and Enhancements,"
SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research
1, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Gert G. Wagner & Joachim R. Frick & Jürgen Schupp, 2007. "The German Socio-Economic Panel Study (SOEP) – Scope, Evolution and Enhancements," Schmollers Jahrbuch : Journal of Applied Social Science Studies / Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 127(1), pages 139-169.
- Pizer, Steven D. & Prentice, Julia C., 2011. "Time is money: Outpatient waiting times and health insurance choices of elderly veterans in the United States," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 626-636, July.
- Dirk Eddelbuettel & Romain Francois, . "Rcpp: Seamless R and C++ Integration," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 40(i08).
- D. Böhning & E. Dietz & P. Schlattmann & L. Mendonça & U. Kirchner, 1999. "The zero-inflated Poisson model and the decayed, missing and filled teeth index in dental epidemiology," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 162(2), pages 195-209.
- Markus Jochmann & Roberto Leon-Gonzalez, 2003.
"Estimating the Demand for Health Care with Panel Data: A Semiparametric Bayesian Approach,"
2003005, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2003.
- Markus Jochmann & Roberto León-González, 2004. "Estimating the demand for health care with panel data: a semiparametric Bayesian approach," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(10), pages 1003-1014.
- Geweke, John & Keane, Michael, 2007. "Smoothly mixing regressions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 138(1), pages 252-290, May.
- Nazmi Sari, 2009. "Physical inactivity and its impact on healthcare utilization," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(8), pages 885-901.
- Andreas Million & Regina T. Riphahn & Achim Wambach, 2003. "Incentive effects in the demand for health care: a bivariate panel count data estimation," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(4), pages 387-405.
- Mullahy, John, 1986. "Specification and testing of some modified count data models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 341-365, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:str:wpaper:0923. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kirsty Hall)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.