How large and uncertain are costs of 2030 GHG emissions reduction target for the European countries? Sensitivity analysis in a global CGE model
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Valeria Costantini & Elena Paglialunga, 2014. "Elasticity of substitution in capital-energy relationships: how central is a sector-based panel estimation approach?," SEEDS Working Papers 1314, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised May 2014.
- David Cleveland & Daniela Soleri & Paul Thompson & Roger Paden & Jerald Milanich & John Lyon & George Axinn, 1988. "Book reviews," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 5(3), pages 71-95, June.
- Arndt, Channing, 1996. "An Introduction to Systematic Sensitivity Analysis via Gaussian Quadrature," GTAP Technical Papers 305, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Urga, Giovanni & Walters, Chris, 2003. "Dynamic translog and linear logit models: a factor demand analysis of interfuel substitution in US industrial energy demand," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Hertel, Thomas & Hummels, David & Ivanic, Maros & Keeney, Roman, 2007.
"How confident can we be of CGE-based assessments of Free Trade Agreements?,"
Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 611-635, July.
- Hertel, Thomas & David Hummels & Maros Ivanic & Roman Keeney, 2003. "How Confident Can We Be in CGE-Based Assessments of Free Trade Agreements?," GTAP Working Papers 1324, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Thomas Hertel & David Hummels & Maros Ivanic & Roman Keeney, 2004. "How Confident Can We Be in CGE-Based Assessments of Free Trade Agreements?," NBER Working Papers 10477, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- DeVuyst, Eric A. & Preckel, Paul V., 1997. "Sensitivity analysis revisited: A quadrature-based approach," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 175-185, April.
- Böhringer, Christoph & Fischer, Carolyn & Rosendahl, Knut Einar, 2014.
"Cost-effective unilateral climate policy design: Size matters,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 318-339.
- Böhringer, Christoph & Fischer, Carolyn & Einar Rosendahl, Knut, 2011. "Cost-Effective Unilateral Climate Policy Design: Size Matters," Discussion Papers dp-11-34, Resources For the Future.
- Christoph Böhringer & Carolyn Fischer & Knut Einar Rosendahl, 2011. "Cost-effective unilateral climate policy design: Size Matters," Discussion Papers 664, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Jaccard, Mark & Bataille, Chris, 2000. "Estimating future elasticities of substitution for the rebound debate," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 451-455, June.
- Horridge, Mark & Ken Pearson, 2011. "Systematic Sensitivity Analysis with Respect to Correlated Variations in Parameters and Shocks," GTAP Technical Papers 3496, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Apostolos Serletis & Govinda R. Timilsina & Olexandr Vasetsky, 2010. "International Evidence on Sectoral Interfuel Substitution," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 1-30.
- Koesler, Simon & Schymura, Michael, 2012. "Substitution elasticities in a CES production framework: An empirical analysis on the basis of non-linear least squares estimations," ZEW Discussion Papers 12-007, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Sebastián Claro, 2003.
"A Cross-Country Estimation of the Elasticity of Substitution between Labor and Capital in Manufacturing Industries,"
Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía,
Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 40(120), pages 239-257.
- Sebastián Claro, 2002. "A Cross-Country Estimation of the Elasticity of Substitution between Labor and Capital in Manufacturing Industries," Documentos de Trabajo 226, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Steve Sorrell, 2014.
"Energy Substitution, Technical Change and Rebound Effects,"
MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(5), pages 1-24, April.
- Steve Sorrell, 2014. "Energy substitution, technical change and rebound effects," SPRU Working Paper Series 2014-16, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Azusa OKAGAWA & Kanemi BAN, 2008. "Estimation of substitution elasticities for CGE models," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 08-16, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Ma, Chunbo & Stern, David I., 2016.
"Long-run estimates of interfuel and interfactor elasticities,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 114-130.
- Ma, Chunbo & Stern, David I., 2016. "Long-run estimates of interfuel and interfactor elasticities," Working Papers 249521, Australian National University, Centre for Climate Economics & Policy.
- Chunbo Ma & David I. Stern, 2016. "Long-run estimates of interfuel and interfactor elasticities," CCEP Working Papers 1602, Centre for Climate Economics & Policy, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Thompson, Peter & Taylor, Timothy G, 1995. "The Capital-Energy Substitutability Debate: A New Look," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(3), pages 565-569, August.
- Yazid Dissou & Reza Ghazal, 2010.
"Energy Substitutability in Canadian Manufacturing Econometric Estimation with Bootstrap Confidence Intervals,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 121-148.
- Yazid DISSOU & Reza GHAZAL, "undated". "Energy Substitutability in Canadian Manufacturing: Econometric Estimation with Bootstrap Confidence Intervals," EcoMod2009 21500025, EcoMod.
- Yazid Dissou & Reza Ghazal, 2008. "Energy Substitutability in Canadian Manufacturing: Econometric Estimation with Bootstrap Confidence Intervals," Working Papers 0809E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- van der Werf, Edwin, 2008.
"Production functions for climate policy modeling: An empirical analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 2964-2979, November.
- Edwin van der Werf, 2007. "Production Functions for Climate Policy Modeling: An Empirical Analysis," Working Papers 2007.47, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Christopoulos, Dimitris K., 2000. "The demand for energy in Greek manufacturing," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 569-586, October.
- David Abler & Adrián Rodríguez & James Shortle, 1999. "Parameter Uncertainty in CGE Modeling of the Environmental Impacts of Economic Policies," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 14(1), pages 75-94, July.
- Thursby, Jerry G & Lovell, C A Knox, 1978. "An Investigation of the Kmenta Approximation to the CES Function," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 19(2), pages 363-377, June.
- Baccianti, Claudio, 2013. "Estimation of sectoral elasticities of substitution along the international technology frontier," ZEW Discussion Papers 13-092, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Kemfert, Claudia, 1998. "Estimated substitution elasticities of a nested CES production function approach for Germany," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 249-264, June.
- Apostolakis, Bobby E., 1990. "Energy--capital substitutability/ complementarity : The dichotomy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 48-58, January.
- Peterson, Sonja, 2006. "Uncertainty and economic analysis of climate change: a survey of approaches and findings," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 3778, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Domingues, Edson P. & Haddad, Eduardo A. & Hewings, Geoffrey, 2008. "Sensitivity analysis in applied general equilibrium models: An empirical assessment for MERCOSUR free trade areas agreements," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 287-306, May.
- Arne Henningsen & Géraldine Henningsen, 2011. "Econometric Estimation of the “Constant Elasticity of Substitution" Function in R: Package micEconCES," IFRO Working Paper 2011/9, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Sooriyakumar Krishnapillai & Henry Thompson, 2012. "Cross Section Translog Production and Elasticity of Substitution in U.S. Manufacturing Industry," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 2(2), pages 50-54.
- Balistreri, Edward J. & McDaniel, Christine A. & Wong, Eina Vivian, 2003. "An estimation of US industry-level capital-labor substitution elasticities: support for Cobb-Douglas," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 343-356, December.
- Hyland, Marie & Haller, Stefanie, 2015.
"Firm-Level Estimates of Fuel Substitution: An Application to Carbon Pricing,"
WP513, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Marie Hyland & Stefanie Haller, 2015. "Firm-level estimates of fuel substitution: an application to carbon pricing," Working Papers 201522, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Russell Smyth & Paresh Kumar Narayan & Hongliang Shi, 2010. "Inter-fuel Substitution in the Chinese Iron and Steel Sector," Monash Economics Working Papers 22-10, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Mika Saito, 2004.
"Armington elasticities in intermediate inputs trade: a problem in using multilateral trade data,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 37(4), pages 1097-1117, November.
- Mika Saito, 2004. "Armington Elasticities in Intermediate Inputs Trade; A Problem in Using Multilateral Trade Data," IMF Working Papers 04/22, International Monetary Fund.
- James Ko & Carol Dahl, 2001. "Interfuel substitution in US electricity generation," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(14), pages 1833-1843.
- Jones, Clifton T, 1995. "A Dynamic Analysis of Interfuel Substitution in U.S. Industrial Energy Demand," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(4), pages 459-465, October.
- Ha, Soo Jung & Lange, Ian & Lecca, Patrizio & Turner, Karen, 2012. "Econometric estimation of nested production functions and testing in a computable general equilibrium analysis of economy-wide rebound effec ts," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2012-08, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordscommputable general equilibrium model; systematic sensitivity analysis; emissions reduction;
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
- D58 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Computable and Other Applied General Equilibrium Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-09-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2017-09-24 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-ENE-2017-09-24 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2017-09-24 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:mfplwp:0026. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ministry of Finance in Poland). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mfigvpl.html .