A Cross-Country Estimation of the Elasticity of Substitution between Labor and Capital in Manufacturing Industries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sebastián Claro, 2002. "A Cross-Country Estimation of the Elasticity of Substitution between Labor and Capital in Manufacturing Industries," Documentos de Trabajo 226, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
References listed on IDEAS
- Ernst R. Berndt & Laurits R. Christensen, 1973. "The Internal Structure of Functional Relationships: Separability, Substitution, and Aggregation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(3), pages 403-410.
- Vittorio Corbo & Patricio Meller, 1982. "The Substitution of Labor, Skill, and Capital: Its Implications for Trade and Employment," NBER Chapters,in: Trade and Employment in Developing Countries, Volume 2: Factor Supply and Substitution, pages 193-214 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sebastián Claro, 2003. "Tariffs, Technology and Global Integration," Documentos de Trabajo 240, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Don Fullerton & Garth Heutel, 2007. "Who bears the burden of a tax on carbon emissions in Japan?," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 8(4), pages 255-270, December.
- Marcos Minoru Hasegawa, 2010. "The Tax Policy in the Chilean Economy: a Regional Applied General Equilibrium Analysis," Documentos de Trabajo en Economia y Ciencia Regional 05, Universidad Catolica del Norte, Chile, Department of Economics, revised Dec 2010.
- Zachlod-Jelec, Magdalena & Boratynski, Jakub, 2016. "How large and uncertain are costs of 2030 GHG emissions reduction target for the European countries? Sensitivity analysis in a global CGE model," MF Working Papers 26, Ministry of Finance in Poland.
- Antoszewski, Michal, 2017. "Panel estimation of sectoral substitution elasticities for CES production functions," MF Working Papers 28, Ministry of Finance in Poland.
- Fullerton, Don & Heutel, Garth, 2007. "The general equilibrium incidence of environmental taxes," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, pages 571-591.
- Rodrigo Fuentes & Verónica Mies, 2005.
"Mirando el Desarrollo Económico de Chile: Una Comparación Internacional,"
Working Papers Central Bank of Chile
308, Central Bank of Chile.
- Sebastián Claro, 2005. "Understanding International Differences in Trade and Capital Market Integration," Documentos de Trabajo 285, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Cristián Mardones Poblete, 2010. "Evaluando Reformas Tributarias en Chile con un Modelo CGE," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 37(2 Year 20), pages 243-284, December.
- Julia Hall & Grant Scobie, 2005. "Capital Shallowness: A Problem for New Zealand?," Treasury Working Paper Series 05/05, New Zealand Treasury.
- Sebastián Claro, 2004. "Vertical and Horizontal Dimensions of Trade Liberalization," Documentos de Trabajo 265, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Craig Burnside, 2015.
"The Carry Trade in Industrialized and Emerging Markets,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,in: Claudio Raddatz & Diego Saravia & Jaume Ventura (ed.), Global Liquidity, Spillovers to Emerging Markets and Policy Responses, edition 1, volume 20, chapter 8, pages 245-280
Central Bank of Chile.
- Cristián Mardones P., 2014. "Complementarity between flat tax and conditional cash transfers to improve the income distribution in Chile," Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, pages 04-27.
- Wong, Tsz-Nga & Yip, Chong K., 2010. "Indeterminacy and the elasticity of substitution in one-sector models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 623-635, April.
- Mardones D., Cristián, 2012.
"Chile: building a computable general equilibrium model with an application to the Bío Bío region,"
Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Dante Contreras & Osvaldo Larragaña & Esteban Puentes & Tomás Rau, 2009. "The Evolution of Opportunities for Children in Chile 1990-2006," Working Papers wp297, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Islam, Asif & López, Ramón, 2011. "Fiscal spending for economic growth in the presence of imperfect markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 8709, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fullerton, Don & Heutel, Garth, 2007.
"The general equilibrium incidence of environmental taxes,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, pages 571-591.
- Don Fullerton & Garth Heutel, 2005. "The General Equilibrium Incidence of Environmental Taxes," NBER Working Papers 11311, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsElasticity of substitution; international technology differences;
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- D20 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - General
- O14 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ioe:cuadec:v:40:y:2003:i:120:p:239-257. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jaime Casassus). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iepuccl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.