Econometric Estimation of the “Constant Elasticity of Substitution" Function in R: Package micEconCES
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kemfert, Claudia, 1998. "Estimated substitution elasticities of a nested CES production function approach for Germany," Energy Economics, Elsevier, pages 249-264.
- Richard Anderson & William Greene & B. D. McCullough & H. D. Vinod, 2008. "The role of data/code archives in the future of economic research," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 99-119.
- Mullen, Katharine M. & Ardia, David & Gil, David L. & Windover, Donald & Cline, James, 2011.
"DEoptim: An R Package for Global Optimization by Differential Evolution,"
Journal of Statistical Software,
Foundation for Open Access Statistics.
- Mullen, Katharine M. & Ardia, David & Gil, David L. & Windover, Donald & Cline, James, 2009. "DEoptim: An R Package for Global Optimization by Differential Evolution," MPRA Paper 21743, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 26 Dec 2010.
- McAdam, Peter & Willman, Alpo & León-Ledesma, Miguel A., 2009. "Identifying the elasticity of substitution with biased technical change," Working Paper Series 1001, European Central Bank.
- Winford H. Masanjala & Chris Papageorgiou, 2004.
"The Solow model with CES technology: nonlinearities and parameter heterogeneity,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., pages 171-201.
- Peter Egger & Michael Pfaffermayr, 2001. "Distance, Trade and FDI: A Hausman-Taylor SUR Approach," WIFO Working Papers 164, WIFO.
- Henningsen, Arne & Hamann, Jeff D., 2007. "systemfit: A Package for Estimating Systems of Simultaneous Equations in R," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics.
- Chris Papageorgiou & Marianne Saam, 2008.
"Two-level CES Production Technology in the Solow and Diamond Growth Models,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 110(1), pages 119-143, March.
- Chris Papageorgiou & Marianne Saam, 2005. "Two-Level CES Production Technology in the Solow and Diamond Growth Models," Departmental Working Papers 2005-07, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Miguel A. León-Ledesma & Peter McAdam & Alpo Willman, 2010. "Identifying the Elasticity of Substitution with Biased Technical Change," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 1330-1357.
- Chambers,Robert G., 1988. "Applied Production Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521314275, December.
- Klump, Rainer & Papageorgiou, Chris, 2008. "Editorial introduction The CES production function in the theory and empirics of economic growth," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, pages 599-600.
- Mishra, SK, 2006. "A Note on Numerical Estimation of Sato’s Two-Level CES Production Function," MPRA Paper 1019, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 02 Dec 2006.
- Pandey, Manish, 2008.
"Human capital aggregation and relative wages across countries,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, pages 1587-1601.
- Jesús Rodríguez López & Diego Martínez López & José Luis Torres Chacón, 2007. "The Productivity Paradox and the New Economy: The Spanish Case," Working Papers 07.01, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics.
- Rainer Klump & Peter McAdam & Alpo Willman, 2007.
"Factor Substitution and Factor-Augmenting Technical Progress in the United States: A Normalized Supply-Side System Approach,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, pages 183-192.
- Henderson, Daniel & Millimet, Daniel, 2005. "Pollution Abatement Costs and Foreign Direct Investment Inflows to U.S. States: A Nonparametric Reassessment," Departmental Working Papers 0507, Southern Methodist University, Department of Economics.
- K. Sato, 1967. "A Two-Level Constant-Elasticity-of-Substitution Production Function," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(2), pages 201-218.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nowak, Thomas & Hofer, Vera, 2014. "On stabilizing volatile product returns," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 234(3), pages 701-708.
- Zachlod-Jelec, Magdalena & Boratynski, Jakub, 2016. "How large and uncertain are costs of 2030 GHG emissions reduction target for the European countries? Sensitivity analysis in a global CGE model," MF Working Papers 26, Ministry of Finance in Poland.
- Glensk, Barbara & Madlener, Reinhard, 2017.
"Evaluating the Enhanced Flexibility of Lignite-Fired Power Plants: A Real Options Analysis,"
FCN Working Papers
10/2016, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- Frieling, Julius & Madlener, Reinhard, 2017. "Fueling the US Economy: Energy as a Production Factor from the Great Depression until Today," FCN Working Papers 2/2017, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- repec:hur:ijarbs:v:7:y:2017:i:3:p:270-297 is not listed on IDEAS
- Koesler, Simon & Schymura, Michael, 2012. "Substitution elasticities in a CES production framework: An empirical analysis on the basis of non-linear least squares estimations," ZEW Discussion Papers 12-007, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Matthew K. Heun & João Santos & Paul E. Brockway & Randall Pruim & Tiago Domingos & Marco Sakai, 2017. "From Theory to Econometrics to Energy Policy: Cautionary Tales for Policymaking Using Aggregate Production Functions," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(2), pages 1-44, February.
- Becker, Sascha O. & Pfaff, Steven & Rubin, Jared, 2016.
"Causes and consequences of the Protestant Reformation,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1-25.
- Sascha O. Becker & Steven Pfaff & Jared Rubin, 2015. "Causes and Consequences of the Protestant Reformation," Working Papers 15-29, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Shen, Keting & Wang, Jing & Whalley, John, 2016. "Measuring Changes in the Bilateral Technology Gaps between China, India and the U.S. 1979 - 2008," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 261, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Sascha O. Becker & Steven Pfaff & Jared Rubin, 2016. "Causes and Consequences of the Protestant Reformation," Working Papers 16-13, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Becker, Sascha O & Pfaff, Steven & Rubin, Jared, 2016. "Causes and Consequences of the Protestant Reformation," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1105, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- P. Capros & Denise Van Regemorter & Leonidas Paroussos & P. Karkatsoulis & C. Fragkiadakis & S. Tsani & I. Charalampidis & Tamas Revesz, 2013. "GEM-E3 Model Documentation," JRC Working Papers JRC83177, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Idrovo Aguirre, Byron, 2012.
"Inversión en infraestructura pública y crecimiento económico, evidencia para Chile
[Public infrastructure, investment and economic growth in Chile]," MPRA Paper 39857, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Agata Sielska, 2015. "The impact of weights on the quality of agricultural producers' multicriteria decision models," Operations Research and Decisions, Wroclaw University of Technology, Institute of Organization and Management, pages 51-69.
- Andreas Voss and Reinhard Madlener, 2017.
"Auction Schemes, Bidding Strategies and the Cost-Optimal Level of Promoting Renewable Electricity in Germany,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(KAPSARC S).
- Frieling, Julius & Madlener, Reinhard, 2016. "Estimation of Substitution Elasticities in Three-Factor Production Functions: Identifying the Role of Energy," FCN Working Papers 1/2016, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN), revised Sep 2016.
- Keting Shen & John Whalley, 2013. "Capital-Labor-Energy Substitution in Nested CES Production Functions for China," NBER Working Papers 19104, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- DURAND-LASSERVE, Olivier & Pierru , Axel & SMEERS, Yves, 2012. "Sensitivity of policy simulation to benchmark scenarios in CGE models: illustration with carbon leakage," CORE Discussion Papers 2012063, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Juan Aquino-Chávez & N.R. Ramírez-Rondán, 2017. "Estimating Factor Shares from Nonstationary Panel Data," Working Papers 2017-89, Peruvian Economic Association.
- Henningsen, Arne & Henningsen, Géraldine, 2012. "On estimation of the CES production function—Revisited," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 67-69.
- Paul E. Brockway & Harry Saunders & Matthew K. Heun & Timothy J. Foxon & Julia K. Steinberger & John R. Barrett & Steve Sorrell, 2017. "Energy Rebound as a Potential Threat to a Low-Carbon Future: Findings from a New Exergy-Based National-Level Rebound Approach," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Simon Koesler & Michael Schymura, 2012. "Substitution Elasticities for CGE Models," EcoMod2012 4010, EcoMod.
- Antoszewski, Michal, 2017. "Panel estimation of sectoral substitution elasticities for CES production functions," MF Working Papers 28, Ministry of Finance in Poland.
- Paul E. Brockway & Matthew K. Heun & João Santos & John R. Barrett, 2017. "Energy-Extended CES Aggregate Production: Current Aspects of Their Specification and Econometric Estimation," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(2), pages 1-23, February.
- Bui, Linh & Hoang, Huyen & Bui, Hang, 2015. "Estimating the Constant Elasticity of Substitution Function of Rice Production.The case of Vietnam in 2012," MPRA Paper 71224, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Magdalena Zachlod-Jelec & Jakub Boratyński, 2016. "How large and uncertain are costs of 2030 emission reduction target for the European countries? Sensitivity analysis in a global CGE model," EcoMod2016 9449, EcoMod.
- T.V.S.Ramamohan Rao, 2011. "Contemporary Relevance and Ongoing Controversies Related to the CES Production Function," Journal of Quantitative Economics, The Indian Econometric Society, vol. 9(2), pages 36-57, July.
- Keting Shen & Jing Wang & John Whalley, 2015. "Measuring Changes in the Bilateral Technology Gaps between China, India and the U.S. 1979 - 2008," NBER Working Papers 21657, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Knoblach, Michael & Rößler, Martin & Zwerschke, Patrick, 2016. "The Elasticity of Factor Substitution Between Capital and Labor in the U.S. Economy: A Meta-Regression Analysis," CEPIE Working Papers 03/16, Technische Universität Dresden, Center of Public and International Economics (CEPIE).
More about this item
Keywordsconstant elasticity of substitution; CES; nested CES; R;
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C18 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Methodolical Issues: General
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- E23 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Production
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:foi:wpaper:2011_9. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Geir Tveit). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/foikudk.html .