DEoptim: An R Package for Global Optimization by Differential Evolution
This article describes the R package DEoptim which implements the differential evolution algorithm for the global optimization of a real-valued function of a real-valued parameter vector. The implementation of differential evolution in DEoptim interfaces with C code for efficiency. The utility of the package is illustrated via case studies in fitting a Parratt model for X-ray reflectometry data and a Markov-Switching Generalized AutoRegressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity (MSGARCH) model for the returns of the Swiss Market Index.
|Date of creation:||21 Dec 2009|
|Date of revision:||26 Dec 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Higgins, Steven I. & Kantelhardt, Jochen & Scheiter, Simon & Boerner, Jan, 2007. "Sustainable management of extensively managed savanna rangelands," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 102-114, April.
- Hamilton, James D, 1989. "A New Approach to the Economic Analysis of Nonstationary Time Series and the Business Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 357-84, March.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
- Ardia, David & Boudt, Kris & Carl, Peter & Mullen, Katharine M. & Peterson, Brian, 2010. "Differential Evolution (DEoptim) for Non-Convex Portfolio Optimization," MPRA Paper 22135, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Franc Klaassen, 2002. "Improving GARCH volatility forecasts with regime-switching GARCH," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 363-394.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:21743. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.