The Valuation of Biodiversity Conservation by the South African Khomani San “Bushmen” Community
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Dikgang, Johane & Muchapondwa, Edwin, 2012. "The valuation of biodiversity conservation by the South African Khomani San “bushmen” community," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 7-14.
- Johane Dikgang & Edwin Muchapondwa, 2011. "The valuation of biodiversity conservation by the South African Khomani San "bushmen" community," Working Papers 257, Economic Research Southern Africa.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fay, Derick, 2009. "Land Tenure, Land Use, and Land Reform at Dwesa-Cwebe, South Africa: Local Transformations and the Limits of the State," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1424-1433, August.
- Clinch, J Peter & Murphy, Anthony, 2001.
"Modelling Winners and Losers in Contingent Valuation of Public Goods: Appropriate Welfare Measures and Econometric Analysis,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(470), pages 420-443, April.
- J. Peter Clinch & Anthony Murphy, 1998. "Modelling winners and losers in contingent valuation of public goods : appropriate welfare measures and econometric analysis," Working Papers 199812, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- J. R. Hicks, 1943. "The Four Consumer's Surpluses," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(1), pages 31-41.
- Peter Clough, 2000. "Encouraging Private Biodiversity - Incentives for Biodiversity Conservation on Private Land," Treasury Working Paper Series 00/25, New Zealand Treasury.
- Pamela Kaval & Richard Yao & Terry Parminter, 2007. "The Value of Native Biodiversity Enhancement in New Zealand: A Case Study of the Greater Wellington Area," Working Papers in Economics 07/22, University of Waikato.
- Munro, Alistair, 2007. "When is some number really better than no number? On the optimal choice between non-market valuation methods," MPRA Paper 8978, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nick Hanley & Sergio Colombo & Bengt Kriström & Fiona Watson, 2009.
"Accounting for Negative, Zero and Positive Willingness to Pay for Landscape Change in a National Park,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(1), pages 1-16.
- Colombo, Sergio & Hanley, Nicholas & Kristrom, Bengt & Watson, Fiona, 2008. "Accounting for Negative, Zero and Positive Willingness to Pay for Landscape Change in a National Park," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2008-10, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Oral Capps & Randall A. Kramer, 1985. "Analysis of Food Stamp Participation Using Qualitative Choice Models," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 67(1), pages 49-59.
- Shogren, Jason F. & Seung Y. Shin & Dermot J. Hayes & James B. Kliebenstein, 1994.
"Resolving Differences in Willingness to Pay and Willingness to Accept,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 255-270, March.
- Shogren, Jason F. & Shin, Seung Y. & Hayes, Dermot J. & Kliebenstein, James B., 1994. "Resolving Differences in Willingness to Pay and Willingness to Accept," ISU General Staff Papers 199403010800001005, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Shogren, Jason F. & Shin, Seung Youll & Hayes, Dermot J. & Kliebenstein, James, 1994. "Resolving Differences in Willingness to Pay and Willingness to Accept," Staff General Research Papers Archive 701, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Shyamsundar, Priya & Kramer, Randall A., 1996. "Tropical Forest Protection: An Empirical Analysis of the Costs Borne by Local People," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 129-144, September.
- Edwin Muchapondwa & Fredrik Carlsson & Gunnar Köhlin, 2008. "Wildlife Management In Zimbabwe: Evidence From A Contingent Valuation Study," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 76(4), pages 685-704, December.
- Mekonnen, Alemu, 2000. "Valuation of community forestry in Ethiopia: a contingent valuation study of rural households," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(03), pages 289-308, July.
- John M. Gowdy & Richard Howarth & Clem Tisdell, 2010. "The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity: Ecological and Economic Foundations," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 1008, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- K hlin, Gunnar, 2001. "Contingent valuation in project planning and evaluation: the case of social forestry in Orissa, India," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(02), pages 237-258, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thondhlana, Gladman & Muchapondwa, Edwin, 2014.
"Dependence on environmental resources and implications for household welfare: Evidence from the Kalahari drylands, South Africa,"
Elsevier, pages 59-67.
- Gladman Thondhlana and Edwin Muchapondwa, 2013. "Dependence on Environmental Resources and Implications for Household Welfare: Evidence from the Kalahari Drylands, South Africa," Working Papers 370, Economic Research Southern Africa.
More about this item
Keywordsbiodiversity; contingent valuation; Khomani San; land restitution;
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
- Q53 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Air Pollution; Water Pollution; Noise; Hazardous Waste; Solid Waste; Recycling
- Q57 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Ecological Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2013-05-11 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2013-05-11 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-05-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2013-05-11 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-RES-2013-05-11 (Resource Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rff:dpaper:dp-12-10-efd. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/degraus.html .