Accounting for Negative, Zero and Positive Willingness to Pay for Landscape Change in a National Park
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Nick Hanley & Sergio Colombo & Bengt Kriström & Fiona Watson, 2009. "Accounting for Negative, Zero and Positive Willingness to Pay for Landscape Change in a National Park," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(1), pages 1-16.
References listed on IDEAS
- List, John A. & Shogren, Jason F., 2002. "Calibration of Willingness-to-Accept," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 219-233, March.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Knetsch, Jack L., 1992. "Valuing public goods: The purchase of moral satisfaction," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 57-70, January.
- An, Mark Y. & Roberto Ayala, 1995.
"A Mixture Model of Willingness to Pay Distributions,"
95-21, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Mark Yuying An & Roberto Ayala, 1996. "A Mixture Model of Willingness to Pay Distributions," Econometrics 9611002, EconWPA.
- Jorgensen, Bradley S. & Syme, Geoffrey J., 2000. "Protest responses and willingness to pay: attitude toward paying for stormwater pollution abatement," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 251-265, May.
- Werner, Megan, 1999. "Allowing for Zeros in Dichotomous-Choice Contingent-Valuation Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 17(4), pages 479-486, October.
- Richard C. Ready & Ståle Navrud & RW. Richard Dubourg, 2001. "How Do Respondents with Uncertain Willingness to Pay Answer Contingent Valuation Questions?," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 77(3), pages 315-326.
- Hanemann, W Michael, 1991. "Willingness to Pay and Willingness to Accept: How Much Can They Differ?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 635-647, June.
- Ian J. Bateman & Richard T. Carson & Brett Day & Michael Hanemann & Nick Hanley & Tannis Hett & Michael Jones-Lee & Graham Loomes, 2002. "Economic Valuation with Stated Preference Techniques," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2639.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Johannes Reichl & Sylvia Frühwirth-Schnatter, 2012. "A censored random coefficients model for the detection of zero willingness to pay," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 259-281, June.
- Dikgang, Johane & Muchapondwa, Edwin, 2012.
"The valuation of biodiversity conservation by the South African Khomani San “bushmen” community,"
Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 7-14.
- Johane Dikgang & Edwin Muchapondwa, 2011. "The valuation of biodiversity conservation by the South African Khomani San "bushmen" community," Working Papers 257, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Dikgang, Johane & Muchapondwa, Edwin, 2012. "The Valuation of Biodiversity Conservation by the South African Khomani San “Bushmen” Community," Discussion Papers dp-12-10-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Soon, Jan-Jan & Ahmad, Siti-Aznor, 2015. "Willingly or grudgingly? A meta-analysis on the willingness-to-pay for renewable energy use," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 877-887.
- Liao, Shu-Yi & Tseng, Wei-Chun & Chen, Chi-Chung, 2010. "Eliciting public preference for nuclear energy against the backdrop of global warming," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 7054-7069, November.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:67:y:2017:i:c:p:328-336 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ojea, Elena & Loureiro, Maria L., 2011. "Identifying the scope effect on a meta-analysis of biodiversity valuation studies," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 706-724, September.
- Broberg, Thomas & Kazukauskas, Andrius, 2014. "Inefficiencies in residential use of energy - A critical overview of literature and energy efficiency policies in EU and Sweden," CERE Working Papers 2014:7, CERE - the Center for Environmental and Resource Economics.
- repec:eee:renene:v:123:y:2018:i:c:p:301-311 is not listed on IDEAS
- Juan Ignacio Pulido-Fernández & Yaiza López-Sánchez, 2016. "Are Tourists Really Willing to Pay More for Sustainable Destinations?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(12), pages 1-20, November.
- Jacobsen, Jette Bredahl & Thorsen, Bo Jellesmark, 2010. "Preferences for site and environmental functions when selecting forthcoming national parks," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(7), pages 1532-1544, May.
- Kiran Krishnamurthy, Chandra & Kriström, Bengt, 2013. "Determinants of the price-premium for Green Energy: Evidence from an OECD cross-section," CERE Working Papers 2013:7, CERE - the Center for Environmental and Resource Economics, revised 30 Jun 2014.
More about this item
Keywordscontingent valuation; national parks; negative WTP; spike models;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2008-11-04 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2008-11-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2008-11-04 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-ENV-2008-11-04 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-TUR-2008-11-04 (Tourism Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:stl:stledp:2008-10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Liam Delaney). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/destiuk.html .