Willingness to Pay and Willingness to Accept: How Much Can They Differ?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Hanemann, W., 1989. "Willingness to Pay and Willingness to Accept: How Much Can They Differ?," CUDARE Working Papers 198276, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thayer, Mark A., 1981. "Contingent valuation techniques for assessing environmental impacts: Further evidence," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 27-44, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Catherine Heyes & Anthony Heyes, 1999. "Willingness to Pay Versus Willingness to Travel: Assessing the Recreational Benefits from Dartmoor National Park," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 124-139, January.
- Richard T. Carson & Miko_aj Czajkowski, 2014. "The discrete choice experiment approach to environmental contingent valuation," Chapters, in: Stephane Hess & Andrew Daly (ed.), Handbook of Choice Modelling, chapter 9, pages 202-235, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Bergstrom, John C. & Dillman, B.L. & Stoll, John R., 1985.
"Public Environmental Amenity Benefits Of Private Land: The Case Of Prime Agricultural Land,"
Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 17(1), pages 1-11, July.
- Bergstrom, John C. & Dillman, B. L. & Stoll, John R., 1985. "Public Environmental Amenity Benefits of Private Land: The Case of Prime Agricultural Land," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(1), pages 139-149, July.
- Hoehn, John P. & Randall, Alan, 1985. "Demand Based And Contingent Valuation: An Empirical Comparison," 1985 Annual Meeting, August 4-7, Ames, Iowa 278557, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Bakkenbüll, Linn-Brit & Dilger, Alexander, 2016. "Willingness to pay and accept for hosting Olympic Games in Germany," Discussion Papers of the Institute for Organisational Economics 11/2016, University of Münster, Institute for Organisational Economics.
- Ukwueze Ezebuilo & Ogujiuba Kanayo & Adenuga Adeniyi, 2005. "How Useful Is Contingent Valuation Of The Environment To Water Services? Evidence From South East, Nigeria," Econometrics 0512012, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Richard T. Carson, 2011.
Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2489.
- Carson, Richard T. & Hanemann, W. Michael, 2006. "Contingent Valuation," Handbook of Environmental Economics, in: K. G. Mäler & J. R. Vincent (ed.), Handbook of Environmental Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 17, pages 821-936, Elsevier.
- Praktiknjo, Aaron J., 2014. "Stated preferences based estimation of power interruption costs in private households: An example from Germany," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 82-90.
- Haghani, Milad & Bliemer, Michiel C.J. & Rose, John M. & Oppewal, Harmen & Lancsar, Emily, 2021. "Hypothetical bias in stated choice experiments: Part I. Macro-scale analysis of literature and integrative synthesis of empirical evidence from applied economics, experimental psychology and neuroimag," Journal of choice modelling, Elsevier, vol. 41(C).
- Elizabeth Waithanji & Nadhem Mtimet & Pauline Muindi, 2019. "Contagious Bovine Pleuropneumonia Vaccine Delivery and Adoption by Women and Men in North-Eastern Kenya," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 31(3), pages 364-387, July.
- Jorgensen, Bradley S. & Syme, Geoffrey J. & Nancarrow, Blair E., 2006. "The role of uncertainty in the relationship between fairness evaluations and willingness to pay," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 104-124, January.
- Clive L Spash, 2008.
"The Contingent Valuation Method: Retrospect and Prospect,"
Socio-Economics and the Environment in Discussion (SEED) Working Paper Series
2008-04, CSIRO Sustainable Ecosystems.
- Spash, Clive L., 2008. "The Contingent Valuation Method: Retrospect and Prospect," MPRA Paper 101234, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cook, David & Malinauskaite, Laura & DavÃÃ°sdÃ³ttir, Brynhildur, 2022. "Peering into the fire â€“ An exploration of volcanic ecosystem services," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 55(C).
- Kevin J. Boyle & Richard C. Bishop & Michael P. Welsh, 1985.
"Starting Point Bias in Contingent Valuation Bidding Games,"
Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 62(2), pages 188-194.
- Boyle, Kevin J. & Bishop, Richard C. & Welsh, Michael P., 1984. "Starting Point Bias in Contingent Valuation Bidding Games," 1984 Annual Meeting, August 5-8, Ithaca, New York 278973, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Dilger, Alexander & Bakkenbüll, Linn-Brit, 2016. "Zahlungsbereitschaften für deutsche Erfolge bei den Olympischen Winterspielen 2014 in Sotschi und die Austragung Olympischer Spiele in Deutschland," Discussion Papers of the Institute for Organisational Economics 05/2016, University of Münster, Institute for Organisational Economics.
- Schwer, Keith & Daneshvary, Rennae, 1999. "The Impact of Casino Gambling on Charitable Contributions: The Willingness to Contribute to a Local Public Television Station," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 29(1), pages 77-90, Summer.
- Lopez-Becerra, E.I. & Alcon, F., 2021. "Social desirability bias in the environmental economic valuation: An inferred valuation approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 184(C).
- Macnab, Bruce J. & Adamowicz, Wiktor L., 1990. "Two Experiments on the Difference between Willingness to Pay and Willingness to Accept," Staff Paper Series 232443, University of Alberta, Department of Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology.
- Konishi, Yoshifumi & Coggins, Jay S., 2008. "Environmental risk and welfare valuation under imperfect information," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 150-169, May.
- François Bonnieux & Philippe Le Goffe & Dominique Vermersch, 1995. "La méthode d'évaluation contingente : application à la qualité des eaux littorales," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 117(1), pages 89-106.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:81:y:1991:i:3:p:635-47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Michael P. Albert (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.