The valuation of biodiversity conservation by the South African Khomani San “bushmen” community
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Dikgang, Johane & Muchapondwa, Edwin, 2012. "The Valuation of Biodiversity Conservation by the South African Khomani San “Bushmen” Community," Discussion Papers dp-12-10-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Johane Dikgang & Edwin Muchapondwa, 2011. "The valuation of biodiversity conservation by the South African Khomani San "bushmen" community," Working Papers 257, Economic Research Southern Africa.
References listed on IDEAS
- Oral Capps & Randall A. Kramer, 1985. "Analysis of Food Stamp Participation Using Qualitative Choice Models," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 67(1), pages 49-59.
- Shogren, Jason F. & Seung Y. Shin & Dermot J. Hayes & James B. Kliebenstein, 1994.
"Resolving Differences in Willingness to Pay and Willingness to Accept,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 255-270, March.
- Shogren, Jason F. & Shin, Seung Y. & Hayes, Dermot J. & Kliebenstein, James B., 1994. "Resolving Differences in Willingness to Pay and Willingness to Accept," ISU General Staff Papers 199403010800001005, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Shogren, Jason F. & Shin, Seung Youll & Hayes, Dermot J. & Kliebenstein, James, 1994. "Resolving Differences in Willingness to Pay and Willingness to Accept," Staff General Research Papers Archive 701, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Shyamsundar, Priya & Kramer, Randall A., 1996. "Tropical Forest Protection: An Empirical Analysis of the Costs Borne by Local People," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 129-144, September.
- Edwin Muchapondwa & Fredrik Carlsson & Gunnar Köhlin, 2008. "Wildlife Management In Zimbabwe: Evidence From A Contingent Valuation Study," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 76(4), pages 685-704, December.
- Fay, Derick, 2009. "Land Tenure, Land Use, and Land Reform at Dwesa-Cwebe, South Africa: Local Transformations and the Limits of the State," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1424-1433, August.
- Nick Hanley & Sergio Colombo & Bengt Kriström & Fiona Watson, 2009.
"Accounting for Negative, Zero and Positive Willingness to Pay for Landscape Change in a National Park,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(1), pages 1-16.
- Colombo, Sergio & Hanley, Nicholas & Kristrom, Bengt & Watson, Fiona, 2008. "Accounting for Negative, Zero and Positive Willingness to Pay for Landscape Change in a National Park," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2008-10, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Mekonnen, Alemu, 2000. "Valuation of community forestry in Ethiopia: a contingent valuation study of rural households," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(03), pages 289-308, July.
- Clinch, J Peter & Murphy, Anthony, 2001.
"Modelling Winners and Losers in Contingent Valuation of Public Goods: Appropriate Welfare Measures and Econometric Analysis,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(470), pages 420-443, April.
- J. Peter Clinch & Anthony Murphy, 1998. "Modelling winners and losers in contingent valuation of public goods : appropriate welfare measures and econometric analysis," Working Papers 199812, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- J. R. Hicks, 1943. "The Four Consumer's Surpluses," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(1), pages 31-41.
- Peter Clough, 2000. "Encouraging Private Biodiversity - Incentives for Biodiversity Conservation on Private Land," Treasury Working Paper Series 00/25, New Zealand Treasury.
- Pamela Kaval & Richard Yao & Terry Parminter, 2007. "The Value of Native Biodiversity Enhancement in New Zealand: A Case Study of the Greater Wellington Area," Working Papers in Economics 07/22, University of Waikato.
- Munro, Alistair, 2007. "When is some number really better than no number? On the optimal choice between non-market valuation methods," MPRA Paper 8978, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John M. Gowdy & Richard Howarth & Clem Tisdell, 2010. "The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity: Ecological and Economic Foundations," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 1008, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- K hlin, Gunnar, 2001. "Contingent valuation in project planning and evaluation: the case of social forestry in Orissa, India," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(02), pages 237-258, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thondhlana, Gladman & Muchapondwa, Edwin, 2014.
"Dependence on environmental resources and implications for household welfare: Evidence from the Kalahari drylands, South Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 59-67.
- Gladman Thondhlana and Edwin Muchapondwa, 2013. "Dependence on Environmental Resources and Implications for Household Welfare: Evidence from the Kalahari Drylands, South Africa," Working Papers 370, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Johane Dikgang & Edwin Muchapondwa, 2016.
"The Effect of Land Restitution on Poverty Reduction among the Khomani San “Bushmen” in South Africa,"
South African Journal of Economics,
Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 84(1), pages 63-80, March.
- Johane Dikgang and Edwin Muchapondwa, 2013. "The Effect of Land Restitution on Poverty Reduction Among the Khomani San "Bushmen" in South Africa," Working Papers 352, Economic Research Southern Africa.
More about this item
KeywordsBiodiversity; Contingent valuation; Khomani San; Land restitution;
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
- Q53 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Air Pollution; Water Pollution; Noise; Hazardous Waste; Solid Waste; Recycling
- Q57 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Ecological Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:84:y:2012:i:c:p:7-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.