On-the-Job Search and Precautionary Savings: Theory and Empirics of Earnings and Wealth Inequality
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jeremy Lise, 2011. "On-the-Job Search and Precautionary Savings: Theory and Empirics of Earnings and Wealth Inequality," IFS Working Papers W11/16, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
References listed on IDEAS
- McFadden, Daniel, 1989.
"A Method of Simulated Moments for Estimation of Discrete Response Models without Numerical Integration,"
Econometric Society, vol. 57(5), pages 995-1026, September.
- Daniel McFadden, 1987. "A Method of Simulated Moments for Estimation of Discrete Response Models Without Numerical Integration," Working papers 464, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Bent Jesper Christensen & Rasmus Lentz & Dale T. Mortensen & George R. Neumann & Axel Werwatz, 2005.
"On-the-Job Search and the Wage Distribution,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(1), pages 31-58, January.
- Christensen, Bent Jesper & Mortensen, Dale & Neumann, George R. & Werwatz, Axel, 2000. "On the job search and the wage distribution," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2000,108, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Bent Jesper Christensen & Rasmus Lentz & Dale T. Mortensen & George R. Neumann & Axel Werwatz, 2003. "On the Job Search and the Wage Distribution," CAM Working Papers 2004-09, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Applied Microeconometrics.
- Sule Alan & Martin Browning, 2003. "Estimating Intertemporal Allocation Parameters using Simulated Residual Estimation," CAM Working Papers 2003-03, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Applied Microeconometrics.
- David Andolfatto, 2002.
"A Theory of Inalienable Property Rights,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 110(2), pages 382-393, April.
- David Andolfatto, 1999. "A Theory of Inalienable Property Rights," Working Papers 99004, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics, revised Nov 1999.
- David Andolfatto, 2000. "A Theory of Inalienable Property Rights," Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers 110, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- Jose-Victor Rios-Rull & Javier Diaz-Gimenez & Vincenzo Quadrini & Santiago Budria Rodriguez, 2002. "Updated facts on the U.S. distributions of earnings, income, and wealth," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue sum, pages 2-35.
- Susumu Imai & Michael P. Keane, 2004. "Intertemporal Labor Supply and Human Capital Accumulation," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 45(2), pages 601-641, May.
- Kenneth L. Judd, 1998. "Numerical Methods in Economics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262100711.
- Toche, Patrick, 2005. "A tractable model of precautionary saving in continuous time," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 267-272, May.
- Mark Bils & Yongsung Chang & Sun-Bin Kim, 2011. "Worker Heterogeneity and Endogenous Separations in a Matching Model of Unemployment Fluctuations," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 3(1), pages 128-154, January.
- James Costain, 1997. "Unemployment insurance with endogenous search intensity and precautionary saving," Economics Working Papers 243, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Keane, Michael P & Wolpin, Kenneth I, 2001. "The Effect of Parental Transfers and Borrowing Constraints on Educational Attainment," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 42(4), pages 1051-1103, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Card & Raj Chetty & Andrea Weber, 2007.
"Cash-on-Hand and Competing Models of Intertemporal Behavior: New Evidence from the Labor Market,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 122(4), pages 1511-1560.
- David Card & Raj Chetty & Andrea Weber, 2006. "Cash-on-Hand and Competing Models of Intertemporal Behavior: New Evidence from the Labor Market," NBER Working Papers 12639, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guler, Bulent & Guvenen, Fatih & Violante, Giovanni L., 2012.
"Joint-search theory: New opportunities and new frictions,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(4), pages 352-369.
- Giovanni L. Violante & Fatih Guvenen & Bulent Guler, 2008. "Joint-Search Theory: New Opportunities and New Frictions," 2008 Meeting Papers 856, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Fatih Guvenen & Giovanni L. Violante & Bulent Guler, 2009. "Joint-search theory: new opportunities and new frictions," Staff Report 426, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Bulent Guler & Fatih Guvenen & Giovanni L. Violante, 2009. "Joint-Search Theory: New Opportunities and New Frictions," NBER Working Papers 15011, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vejlin, Rune, 2017.
"Optimal Unemployment Insurance: How Important Is The Demand Side?,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(8), pages 2070-2095, December.
- Rune Vejlin, 2011. "Optimal Unemployment Insurance: How Important is the Demand Side?," Economics Working Papers 2011-03, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Ben Lodewijks, 2011. "Financial Constraints and Job Mobility in Australia," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 87(276), pages 61-75, March.
- Lammers, Marloes, 2014. "The effects of savings on reservation wages and search effort," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 83-98.
- Christian Bayer & Klaus Waelde, 2011.
"Describing the Dynamics of Distributions in Search and Matching Models by Fokker-Planck Equations,"
1110, Gutenberg School of Management and Economics, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz, revised 21 Jul 2011.
- Wälde, Klaus & Bayer, Christian, 2011. "Describing the Dynamics of Distribution in Search and Matching Models by Fokker-Planck Equations," Annual Conference 2011 (Frankfurt, Main): The Order of the World Economy - Lessons from the Crisis 48736, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Bowlus, Audra J. & Liu, Huju, 2013.
"The contributions of search and human capital to earnings growth over the life cycle,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 305-331.
- Audra J. Bowlus & Huju Liu, 2012. "The Contributions of Search and Human Capital to Earnings Growth Over the Life Cycle," University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP) Working Papers 20122, University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP).
- Flabbi, Luca & Mabli, James, 2012.
"Household Search or Individual Search: Does It Matter? Evidence from Lifetime Inequality Estimates,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6908, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Luca Flabbi and James Mabli, 2012. "Household Search or Individual Search: Does It Matter? Evidence from Lifetime Inequality Estimates," Working Papers gueconwpa~12-12-03, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- L. Arrondel & M. Roger & F. Savignac, 2014.
"Wealth and Income in the Euro Area: Heterogeneity in Households’ Behaviours?,"
497, Banque de France.
- Roger, Muriel & Arrondel, Luc & Savignac, Frédérique, 2014. "Wealth and income in the euro area: Heterogeneity in households' behaviours?," Working Paper Series 1709, European Central Bank.
More about this item
Keywordslabor search; savings; consumption; wealth inequality;
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DGE-2007-01-13 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-LAB-2007-01-13 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2007-01-13 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:red:sed006:137. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sedddea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.