Decoupling land values in residential property prices: smoothing methods for hedonic imputed price indices
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alicia N. Rambaldi & Cameron S. Fletcher & Kerry Collins & Ryan R.J. McAllister, 2013.
"Housing Shadow Prices in an Inundation-prone Suburb,"
Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 50(9), pages 1889-1905, July.
- Alicia Rambaldi & Ryan McAllister & Kerry Collins & Cameron Fletcher, 2011. "Housing shadow prices in an inundation prone suburb," Discussion Papers Series 429, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- W. Erwin DIEWERT & Jan de HAAN & Rens HENDRIKS, 2011.
"The Decomposition of a House Price Index into Land and Structures Components: A Hedonic Regression Approach,"
The Valuation Journal,
National Association of Romanian Valuers, vol. 6(1), pages 58-105.
- de Haan, Jan & Diewert, Erwin & Hendriks, Rens, 2010. "The Decomposition of a House Price index into Land and Structures Components: A Hedonic Regression Approach," Economics working papers erwin_diewert-2010-1, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 13 Jul 2010.
- W. Erwin Diewert & Jan de Haan & Rens Hendriks, 2015.
"Hedonic Regressions and the Decomposition of a House Price Index into Land and Structure Components,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(1-2), pages 106-126, February.
- de Haan, Jan & Diewert, Erwin & Hendriks, Rens, 2011. "Hedonic Regressions and the Decomposition of a House Price index into Land and Structure Components," Economics working papers erwin_diewert-2011-8, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 05 Apr 2011.
- Koopman, Siem Jan & Harvey, Andrew, 2003.
"Computing observation weights for signal extraction and filtering,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 27(7), pages 1317-1333, May.
- A. C. Harvey & Siem Jan Koopman, 2000. "Computing Observation Weights for Signal Extraction and Filtering," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0888, Econometric Society.
- Koop, Gary & Korobilis, Dimitris, 2013.
"Large time-varying parameter VARs,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 177(2), pages 185-198.
- Koop, Gary & Korobilis, Dimitris, 2012. "Large Time-Varying Parameter VARs," SIRE Discussion Papers 2012-14, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Gary Koop & Dimitris Korobilis, 2012. "Large Time-Varying Parameter VARs," Working Paper series 11_12, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Gary Koop & Dimitris Korobilis, 2012. "Large time-varying parameter VARs," Working Papers 2012_04, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Koop, Gary & Korobilis, Dimitris, 2012. "Large time-varying parameter VARs," MPRA Paper 38591, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrew Harvey, 2011.
"Modelling the Phillips curve with unobserved components,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1-2), pages 7-17.
- Harvey, A., 2008. "Modeling the Phillips curve with unobserved components," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0805, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Stephen Malpezzi & Larry Ozanne & Thomas G. Thibodeau, 1987. "Microeconomic Estimates of Housing Depreciation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 63(4), pages 372-385.
- Komunjer, Ivana & Ng, Serena, 2014. "Measurement Errors In Dynamic Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(01), pages 150-175, February.
- Eurostat, 2013. "Handbook on Residential Property Prices Indices," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 17280, January.
- Knight, John R. & Sirmans, C. F., 1996. "Depreciation, Maintenance, and Housing Prices," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 369-389, December.
- Andrew Harvey & Siem Jan Koopman, 2000.
"Signal extraction and the formulation of unobserved components models,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 3(1), pages 84-107.
- Harvey, A.C. & Koopman, S.J.M., 1999. "Signal Extraction and the Formulation of Unobserved Components Models," Discussion Paper 1999-44, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Plant, Lyndal & Rambaldi, Alicia & Sipe, Neil, 2017. "Evaluating Revealed Preferences for Street Tree Cover Targets: A Business Case for Collaborative Investment in Leafier Streetscapes in Brisbane, Australia," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 238-249.
- Lyndal Plant & Alicia N. Rambaldi & Neil Sipe, 2016. "Property value returns on investment in street trees: a business case for collaborative investment in Brisbane, Australia," Discussion Papers Series 563, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
More about this item
Keywordsurban land prices; housing prices; state-space; unobserved components; Fisher price indices;
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- R31 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Housing Supply and Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-09-18 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qld:uq2004:549. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (SOE IT). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decuqau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.