Property value returns on investment in street trees: a business case for collaborative investment in Brisbane, Australia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Christopher Ambrey & Christopher Fleming, 2014.
"Valuing Ecosystem Diversity in South East Queensland: A Life Satisfaction Approach,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 115(1), pages 45-65, January.
- Christopher L Ambrey & Christopher M Fleming, 2012. "Valuing ecosystem diversity in South East Queensland: A life satisfaction approach," Discussion Papers in Economics economics:201210, Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- Delores Conway & Christina Li & Jennifer Wolch & Christopher Kahle & Michael Jerrett, 2010. "A Spatial Autocorrelation Approach for Examining the Effects of Urban Greenspace on Residential Property Values," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 150-169, August.
- Ram Pandit & Maksym Polyakov & Rohan Sadler, 2014.
"Valuing public and private urban tree canopy cover,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 58(3), pages 453-470, July.
- Pandit, Ram & Polyakov, Maksym & Sadler, Rohan, 2014. "Valuing public and private urban tree canopy cover," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 58(3), July.
- Daniel, Claire & Morrison, Tiffany H. & Phinn, Stuart, 2016. "The governance of private residential land in cities and spatial effects on tree cover," Environmental Science & Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 79-89.
- Holly P. Jones & David G. Hole & Erika S. Zavaleta, 2012. "Harnessing nature to help people adapt to climate change," Nature Climate Change, Nature, vol. 2(7), pages 504-509, July.
- Alicia N. Rambaldi & Ryan R. J. McAllister & Cameron S. Fletcher, 2015. "Decoupling land values in residential property prices: smoothing methods for hedonic imputed price indices," Discussion Papers Series 549, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Seth Payton & Greg Lindsey & Jeff Wilson & John Ottensmann & Joyce Man, 2008. "Valuing the benefits of the urban forest: a spatial hedonic approach," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(6), pages 717-736.
- Escobedo, Francisco J. & Adams, Damian C. & Timilsina, Nilesh, 2015. "Urban forest structure effects on property value," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 12(C), pages 209-217.
- J. Paul Elhorst, 2014. "Matlab Software for Spatial Panels," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 37(3), pages 389-405, July.
- Anderson, Soren T. & West, Sarah E., 2006. "Open space, residential property values, and spatial context," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 773-789, November.
- Tyrvainen, Liisa & Miettinen, Antti, 2000. "Property Prices and Urban Forest Amenities," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 205-223, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Plant, Lyndal & Rambaldi, Alicia & Sipe, Neil, 2017. "Evaluating Revealed Preferences for Street Tree Cover Targets: A Business Case for Collaborative Investment in Leafier Streetscapes in Brisbane, Australia," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 238-249.
- Å aszkiewicz, Edyta & Heyman, Axel & Chen, Xianwen & Cimburova, Zofie & Nowell, Megan & Barton, David N, 2022. "Valuing access to urban greenspace using non-linear distance decay in hedonic property pricing," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 53(C).
- Marta Sylla & Tadeusz Lasota & Szymon Szewrański, 2019. "Valuing Environmental Amenities in Peri-Urban Areas: Evidence from Poland," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(3), pages 1-15, January.
- Franco, Sofia F. & Macdonald, Jacob L., 2018. "Measurement and valuation of urban greenness: Remote sensing and hedonic applications to Lisbon, Portugal," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 156-180.
- Pandit, Ram & Polyakov, Maksym & Sadler, Rohan, 2012. "The importance of tree cover and neighbourhood parks in determining urban property values," 2012 Conference (56th), February 7-10, 2012, Fremantle, Australia 124357, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Polyakov, Maksym & Iftekhar, Md Sayed & Fogarty, James & Buurman, Joost, 2022. "Renewal of waterways in a dense city creates value for residents," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 199(C).
- Jay Mittal, 2017. "Valuing Visual Accessibility of Scenic Landscapes in a Single Family Housing Market: A Spatial Hedonic Approach," ERES eres2017_1, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Christopher Ambrey & Christopher Fleming, 2014.
"Public Greenspace and Life Satisfaction in Urban Australia,"
Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 51(6), pages 1290-1321, May.
- Christopher L Ambrey & Christopher M Fleming, 2012. "Public greenspace and life satisfaction in urban Australia," Discussion Papers in Economics economics:201201, Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- Ambrey, Christopher L. & Fleming, Christopher M., 2012. "Public greenspace and life satisfaction in urban Australia," 2012 Conference (56th), February 7-10, 2012, Fremantle, Australia 124302, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Jay Mittal & Sweta Byahut, 2019. "Scenic landscapes, visual accessibility and premium values in a single family housing market: A spatial hedonic approach," Environment and Planning B, , vol. 46(1), pages 66-83, January.
- Reeves, Tyler & Mei, Bin & Siry, Jacek & Bettinger, Pete & Ferreira, Susana, 2020. "Effect of working forest conservation easements on surrounding property values," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(C).
- Özge Öner, 2017.
"Retail city: the relationship between place attractiveness and accessibility to shops,"
Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 72-91, January.
- Öner, Özge, 2015. "Retail City: The Relationship between Place Attractiveness and Accessibility to Shops," Working Paper Series 1055, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Fernandez, Mario Andres & Bucaram, Santiago, 2019. "The changing face of environmental amenities: Heterogeneity across housing submarkets and time," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 449-460.
- Cyprian Chwiałkowski & Adam Zydroń, 2021. "Socio-Economic and Spatial Characteristics of Wielkopolski National Park: Application of the Hedonic Pricing Method," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(9), pages 1-17, April.
- Zygmunt, Robert & Gluszak, Michal, 2015. "Forest proximity impact on undeveloped land values: A spatial hedonic study," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 82-89.
- Tuffery, Laetitia, 2017. "The recreational services value of the nearby periurban forest versus the regional forest environment," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 33-41.
- Poudyal, Neelam C. & Hodges, Donald G. & Tonn, Bruce & Cho, Seong-Hoon, 2009. "Valuing diversity and spatial pattern of open space plots in urban neighborhoods," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 194-201, May.
- Jan Melichar & Pavel Rieger & Ondřej Vojáček & Karel Jedlička, 2009. "Measuring the Value of Urban Forest using," Regionální studia, Prague University of Economics and Business, vol. 2009(2), pages 13-20.
- Kara, Abdullah & van Oosterom, Peter & Çağdaş, Volkan & Işıkdağ, Ümit & Lemmen, Christiaan, 2020. "3 Dimensional data research for property valuation in the context of the LADM Valuation Information Model," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C).
- Piaggio, Matías, 2021. "The value of public urban green spaces: Measuring the effects of proximity to and size of urban green spaces on housing market values in San José, Costa Rica," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 109(C).
- Nazia Arbab & Jason Grabosky & Richard Leopold, 2022. "Economic Assessment of Urban Ash Tree Management Options in New Jersey," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(4), pages 1-18, February.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENV-2016-08-21 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qld:uq2004:563. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/decuqau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: SOE IT (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/decuqau.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.