An Unobserved Components Approach to Separating Land from Structure in Property Prices: A Case Study for the City of Brisbane
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John M. Clapp & Hyon–Jung Kim & Alan E. Gelfand, 2002. "Predicting Spatial Patterns of House Prices Using LPR and Bayesian Smoothing," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 30(4), pages 505-532.
- Basu, Sabyasachi & Thibodeau, Thomas G, 1998. "Analysis of Spatial Autocorrelation in House Prices," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 61-85, July.
- Stephen Malpezzi & Larry Ozanne & Thomas G. Thibodeau, 1987. "Microeconomic Estimates of Housing Depreciation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 63(4), pages 372-385.
- Eurostat, 2013. "Handbook on Residential Property Prices Indices," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 17280, June.
- Knight, John R. & Sirmans, C. F., 1996. "Depreciation, Maintenance, and Housing Prices," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 369-389, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Matthew Palm & Katrina Eve Raynor & Georgia Warren-Myers, 2021. "Examining building age, rental housing and price filtering for affordability in Melbourne, Australia," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 58(4), pages 809-825, March.
- Hill, Robert J. & Syed, Iqbal A., 2016.
"Hedonic price–rent ratios, user cost, and departures from equilibrium in the housing market,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 60-72.
- Robert Hill & Iqbal A. Syed, 2012. "Hedonic Price-Rent Ratios, User Cost, and Departures from Equilibrium in the Housing Market," Discussion Papers 2012-45, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Robert J. Hill & Iqbal A. Syed, 2014. "Hedonic Price-Rent Ratios, User Cost, and Departures from Equilibrium in the Housing Market," Graz Economics Papers 2014-03, University of Graz, Department of Economics.
- Robert J. Hill & Iqbal A. Syed, 2012. "Hedonic Price-Rent Ratios, User Cost, and Departures from Equilibrium in the Housing Market," Graz Economics Papers 2012-08, University of Graz, Department of Economics.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Carlos Felipe Balcázar & Lidia Ceriani & Sergio Olivieri & Marco Ranzani, 2017.
"Rent‐Imputation for Welfare Measurement: A Review of Methodologies and Empirical Findings,"
Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 63(4), pages 881-898, December.
- Balcazar, Carlos Felipe & Ceriani, Lidia & Olivieri, Sergio & Ranzani, Marco, 2014. "Rent imputation for welfare measurement : a review of methodologies and empirical findings," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7103, The World Bank.
- Iqbal A. Syed & Jan De Haan, 2017.
"Age, Time, Vintage, And Price Indexes: Measuring The Depreciation Pattern Of Houses,"
Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 55(1), pages 580-600, January.
- Iqbal Syed & Jan de Haan, 2016. "Age, Time, Vintage, and Price Indexes: Measuring the Depreciation Pattern of Houses," Discussion Papers 2016-01, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Alicia N. Rambaldi & Ryan R. J. McAllister & Cameron S. Fletcher, 2015. "Decoupling land values in residential property prices: smoothing methods for hedonic imputed price indices," Discussion Papers Series 549, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Yi Huang & Geoffrey Hewings, 2021. "More Reliable Land Price Index: Is There a Slope Effect?," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(3), pages 1-24, March.
- Sören Gröbel, 2018. "Regional heterogeneity in age-related housing depreciation rates [Regionale Heterogenität altersbedingter Wertminderungen von Wohnimmobilien]," Review of Regional Research: Jahrbuch für Regionalwissenschaft, Springer;Gesellschaft für Regionalforschung (GfR), vol. 38(2), pages 219-254, October.
- Raphael W. Bostic & Stanley D. Longhofer & Christian L. Redfearn, 2007. "Land Leverage: Decomposing Home Price Dynamics," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 35(2), pages 183-208, June.
- repec:asg:wpaper:1006 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jos魍ar, 2012.
"Space-time approach to commercial property prices valuation,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(28), pages 3705-3715, October.
- Beatriz Larraz Iribas & Jose Maria Montero Lorenzo, 2011. "Space-time approach to commercial property prices valuation," Post-Print hal-00712371, HAL.
- Yong Tu & Hua Sun & Shi-Ming Yu, 2007. "Spatial Autocorrelations and Urban Housing Market Segmentation," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 385-406, April.
- Diewert, Erwin, 2019.
"Measuring the Services of Durables and Owner Occupied Housing,"
Microeconomics.ca working papers
erwin_diewert-2019-5, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 21 Mar 2019.
- Diewert, Erwin & Shimizu, Chihiro, 2019. "Measuring the Services of Durables and Owner Occupied Housing," Microeconomics.ca working papers erwin_diewert-2019-1, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 02 Jan 2019.
- Wilhelmsson, Mats, 2008.
"House price depreciation rates and level of maintenance,"
Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 88-101, March.
- Mats Wilhelmsson, 2004. "House Price depreciation Rates and Level of Maintenance," ERES eres2004_232, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Gatzlaff, Dean H. & Haurin, Donald R., 1998. "Sample Selection and Biases in Local House Value Indices," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 199-222, March.
- Wolfgang Brunauer & Stefan Lang & Peter Wechselberger & Sven Bienert, 2008. "Additive Hedonic Regression Models with Spatial Scaling Factors: An Application for Rents in Vienna," Working Papers 2008-17, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- W. Brunauer & S. Lang & P. Wechselberger & S. Bienert, 2010. "Additive Hedonic Regression Models with Spatial Scaling Factors: An Application for Rents in Vienna," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 41(4), pages 390-411, November.
- Salvati, Luca & Ciommi, Maria Teresa & Serra, Pere & Chelli, Francesco M., 2019. "Exploring the spatial structure of housing prices under economic expansion and stagnation: The role of socio-demographic factors in metropolitan Rome, Italy," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 143-152.
- William Cheung & Lewen Guo & Yuichiro Kawaguchi, 2021. "Automated valuation model for residential rental markets: evidence from Japan," Journal in Spatial Econometrics, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 1-34, December.
- Stephen A. Samaha & Wagner A. Kamakura, 2008. "Assessing the Market Value of Real Estate Property with a Geographically Weighted Stochastic Frontier Model," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 36(4), pages 717-751, December.
- José-María Montero-Lorenzo & Beatriz Larraz-Iribas & Antonio Páez, 2009. "Estimating commercial property prices: an application of cokriging with housing prices as ancillary information," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 407-425, December.
- Are Oust & Simen N. Hansen & Tobias R. Pettrem, 2020. "Combining Property Price Predictions from Repeat Sales and Spatially Enhanced Hedonic Regressions," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 61(2), pages 183-207, August.
- Cohen, Jeffrey P. & Ioannides, Yannis M. & (Wirathip) Thanapisitikul, Win, 2016.
"Spatial effects and house price dynamics in the USA,"
Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 1-13.
- Jeffrey Cohen & Yannis M. Ioannides & Win (Wirathip) Thanapisitikul, 2015. "Spatial Effects and House Price Dynamics in the U.S.A," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0809, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Chen, Pei-Fen & Chien, Mei-Se & Lee, Chien-Chiang, 2011. "Dynamic modeling of regional house price diffusion in Taiwan," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 315-332.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-URE-2011-08-02 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qld:uq2004:428. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (SOE IT). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/decuqau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.