How do Real Exchange Rate Movements Affect the Economic Growth in Iran?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cushman, David O. & De Vita, Glauco, 2017. "Exchange rate regimes and FDI in developing countries: A propensity score matching approach," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 143-163.
- Hadj Fraj, Salma & Hamdaoui, Mekki & Maktouf, Samir, 2018.
"Governance and economic growth: The role of the exchange rate regime,"
International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 156(C), pages 326-364.
- Salma Hadj Fraj & Mekki Hamdaoui & Samir Maktouf, 2018. "Governance and economic growth: The role of the exchange rate regime," International Economics, CEPII research center, issue 156, pages 326-364.
- Ribeiro, Rafael S.M. & McCombie, John S.L. & Lima, Gilberto Tadeu, 2020.
"Does real exchange rate undervaluation really promote economic growth?,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 408-417.
- Rafael Saulo Marques Ribeiro & John S. L. McCombie, Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2017. "Does Real Exchange Rate Undervaluation Really Promote Economic Growth?," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2017_11, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Rafael S. M. Ribeiro & John S. L. McCombie & Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2018. "Does real exchange rate undervaluation really promote economic growth?," Textos para Discussão Cedeplar-UFMG 574, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Petreski, Marjan, 2009. "Exchange-rate regime and economic growth: a review of the theoretical and empirical literature," Economics Discussion Papers 2009-31, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel).
- Mao, Rui & Yao, Yang & Zou, Jingxian, 2019. "Productivity growth, fixed exchange rates, and export-led growth," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 1-1.
- Kenza Benhima, 2012.
"Exchange Rate Volatility and Productivity Growth: The Role of Liability Dollarization,"
Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 501-529, July.
- Kenza Benhima, 2008. "Exhange Rate Volatility and Productivity Growth : The Role of Liability Dollarization," Working Papers 2008-11, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Benhima Kenza, 2010. "Exchange Rate Volatility and Productivity Growth: the Role of Liability Dollarization," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'économie 10.09, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, Département d’économie.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Glüzmann, Pablo Alfredo & Levy-Yeyati, Eduardo & Sturzenegger, Federico, 2012. "Exchange rate undervaluation and economic growth: Díaz Alejandro (1965) revisited," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 666-672.
- Ali, Syed Zahid & Anwar, Sajid, 2011. "Supply-side effects of exchange rates, exchange rate expectations and induced currency depreciation," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 1650-1672, July.
- Philipp Harms & Marco Kretschmann, 2009.
"Words, Deeds And Outcomes: A Survey On The Growth Effects Of Exchange Rate Regimes,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 139-164, February.
- Philipp Harms & Marco Kretschmann, 2007. "Words, deeds, and outcomes: A survey on the growth effects of exchange rate regimes," Working Papers 07.03, Swiss National Bank, Study Center Gerzensee.
- Habib, Maurizio Michael & Mileva, Elitza & Stracca, Livio, 2017.
"The real exchange rate and economic growth: Revisiting the case using external instruments,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 73(PB), pages 386-398.
- Stracca, Livio & Mileva, Elitza & Habib, Maurizio Michael, 2016. "The real exchange rate and economic growth: revisiting the case using external instruments," Working Paper Series 1921, European Central Bank.
- Glauco De Vita & Khine Sandar Kyaw, 2011. "Does the Choice of Exchange Rate Regime Affect the Economic Growth of Developing Countries?," Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 45(1), pages 135-153, July-Dece.
- Robin C. Sickles & William C. Horrace (ed.), 2014. "Festschrift in Honor of Peter Schmidt," Springer Books, Springer, edition 127, number 978-1-4899-8008-3, December.
- J.O. Adeniran & S.A. Yusuf & Olatoke A. Adeyemi, 2014. "The Impact of Exchange Rate Fluctuation on the Nigerian Economic Growth: An Empirical Investigation," International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, vol. 4(8), pages 224-233, August.
- Akbar Komijani & Esmaeil Naderi & Nadiya Gandali Alikhani, 2014.
"A hybrid approach for forecasting of oil prices volatility,"
OPEC Energy Review, Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, vol. 38(3), pages 323-340, September.
- Komijani, Akbar & Naderi, Esmaeil & Gandali Alikhani, Nadiya, 2013. "A Hybrid Approach for Forecasting of Oil Prices Volatility," MPRA Paper 44654, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mohammad Reza Farzanegan & Tim Krieger, 2019. "Oil booms and inequality in Iran," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(2), pages 830-859, May.
- Motahari, Moheb Alah & Lotfalipour , Mohammad Reza & Ahmadai Shadmehri, Mohammad Taher, 2018. "The Effects of Real Exchange Rate on Economic Growth in Iran: New Findings with Non-Linear Approach," Quarterly Journal of Applied Theories of Economics, Faculty of Economics, Management and Business, University of Tabriz, vol. 4(4), pages 175-198, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Zarei, Samira, 2020. "Analyzing the Asymmetric Effects of Inflation and Exchange Rate Misalignments on the Petrochemical Stock index: The Case of Iran," MPRA Paper 99101, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mehdi Seraj & Pejman Bahramian & Abdulkareem Alhassan & Rasool Dehghanzadeh Shahabad, 2020. "The validity of Rodrik’s conclusion on real exchange rate and economic growth: factor priority evidence from feature selection approach," Palgrave Communications, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 6(1), pages 1-6, December.
- Tang, Bo, 2015.
"Real exchange rate and economic growth in China: A cointegrated VAR approach,"
China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 293-310.
- Tang, Bo, 2014. "Real Exchange Rate and Economic Growth in China: A Cointegrated VAR Approach," MPRA Paper 66087, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ramos-Herrera María del Carmen, 2022. "How Equilibrium Exchange Rate Misalignments Influence on Economic Growth? Evidence for European Countries," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 16(1), pages 199-211, January.
- Abdallah, Ali, 2022. "Dépréciation réelle de la monnaie et croissance économique [Can real currency depreciation lead growth?]," MPRA Paper 113183, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Iwegbu, Onyebuchi & Nwaogwugwu, Isaac Chiawolam, 2019. "Effect of Exchange Rate Shock on Key Sectors of the Nigerian Economy," EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 507-533.
- Munir Ahmad & Gul Jabeen & Syed Ahsan Ali Shah & Abdul Rehman & Fayyaz Ahmad & Cem Işik, 2022. "Assessing long- and short-run dynamic interplay among balance of trade, aggregate economic output, real exchange rate, and CO2 emissions in Pakistan," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 24(5), pages 7283-7323, May.
- Mr. Manuk Ghazanchyan & Ms. Janet Gale Stotsky, 2013. "Drivers of Growth: Evidence from Sub-Saharan African Countries," IMF Working Papers 2013/236, International Monetary Fund.
- Mariana Hatmanu & Cristina Cautisanu & Mihaela Ifrim, 2020. "The Impact of Interest Rate, Exchange Rate and European Business Climate on Economic Growth in Romania: An ARDL Approach with Structural Breaks," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(7), pages 1-23, April.
- Chen Ku‐Hsieh, 2021. "Depreciate to save the economy? An empirical evidence worldwide," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(1), pages 1563-1585, January.
- Mr. Manuk Ghazanchyan & Mr. Olumuyiwa S Adedeji & Mr. Nils O Maehle & Ms. Janet Gale Stotsky, 2012. "The Relationship Between the Foreign Exchange Regime and Macroeconomic Performance in Eastern Africa," IMF Working Papers 2012/148, International Monetary Fund.
- John Bosco Nnyanzi & John Bosco Oryema & Nicholas Kilimani, 2022. "Real exchange rate undervaluation, regional integration and services sector performance: evidence from the East African Community," Journal of Economic Structures, Springer;Pan-Pacific Association of Input-Output Studies (PAPAIOS), vol. 11(1), pages 1-23, December.
- Cecilia Bermúdez & Carlos Dabús, 2018. "Going under to stay on top: How much real exchange rate undervaluation is needed to boost growth in developing countries," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 45(1 Year 20), pages 5-28, June.
- Villanthenkodath, Muhammed Ashiq & Mahalik, Mantu Kumar, 2021. "Does economic growth respond to electricity consumption asymmetrically in Bangladesh? The implication for environmental sustainability," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 233(C).
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Hoang, Thi Hong Van & Mahalik, Mantu Kumar & Roubaud, David, 2017.
"Energy consumption, financial development and economic growth in India: New evidence from a nonlinear and asymmetric analysis,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 199-212.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Thi Hong Van Hoang & Mantu Kumar Mahalik & David Roubaud, 2016. "Energy consumption, financial development and economic growth in India: New evidence from a nonlinear and asymmetric analysis," Post-Print hal-02148483, HAL.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & HOANG, Thi Hong Van & Kumar, Mantu & Roubaud, David, 2017. "Energy Consumption, Financial Development and Economic Growth in India: New Evidence from a Nonlinear and Asymmetric Analysis," MPRA Paper 76527, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Feb 2017.
- Anders, Sven & Fedoseeva, Svetlana, 2017. "Quality, Sourcing, and Asymmetric Exchange-Rate Pass-Through into U.S. Coffee Imports," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 42(3), September.
- Fatma Erdem & Erdal Özmen, 2015.
"Exchange Rate Regimes and Business Cycles: An Empirical Investigation,"
Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 26(5), pages 1041-1058, November.
- Fatma Pinar Erdem & Erdal Ozmen, 2014. "Exchange Rate Regimes and Business Cycles: An Empirical Investigation," ERC Working Papers 1404, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Jun 2014.
- Ajayi, Patricia & Ogunrinola, Adedeji, 2020. "Growth, Trade Openness and Environmental Degradation in Nigeria," MPRA Paper 100713, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abbas, Shujaat, 2020. "Impact of oil prices on remittances to Pakistan from GCC countries: evidence from panel asymmetric analysis," MPRA Paper 107246, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ingrid Groessl & Artur Tarassow, 2015.
"A Microfounded Model of Money Demand Under Uncertainty, and some Empirical Evidence,"
Macroeconomics and Finance Series
201504, University of Hamburg, Department of Socioeconomics, revised Jan 2018.
- Ingrid Groessl & Artur Tarassow, 2018. "A Microfounded Model of Money Demand Under Uncertainty, and some Empirical Evidence," Macroeconomics and Finance Series 201802, University of Hamburg, Department of Socioeconomics.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic Growth; Exchange Rate; NARDL; Nonlinear and Asymmetric Relationships;
All these keywords.
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- O24 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Trade Policy; Factor Movement; Foreign Exchange Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ARA-2020-05-11 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CWA-2020-05-11 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-GEN-2020-05-11 (Gender)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:99102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.