The tourism-led growth hypothesis: empirical evidence from Turkey
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Taofeek Olusola Ayinde & Olumuyiwa Ganiyu Yinusa, 2016. "Financial Development and Inclusive Growth in Nigeria: A Threshold Analysis," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 12(5), pages 166-189, OCTOBER.
- Taofeek Olusola Ayinde & Olumuyiwa Ganiyu Yinusa, 2016. "Financial Development and Inclusive Growth in Nigeria: A Threshold Analysis," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 12(4), pages 326-346, October.
- Andreas G. Georgantopoulos, 2013. "Tourism Expansion and Economic Development: Var/Vecm Analysis and Forecasts for the Case of India," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(4), pages 464-482, April.
- Jacint Balaguer & Manuel Cantavella-Jorda, 2002.
"Tourism as a long-run economic growth factor: the Spanish case,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(7), pages 877-884.
- Jacint Balaguer & Manuel Cantavella-Jordá, 2000. "Tourism As A Long-Run Economic Growth Factor: The Spanish Case," Working Papers. Serie EC 2000-10, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:30:y:2010:i:1:p:472-481 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wu, Po-Chin & Liu, Shiao-Yen & Hsiao, Juei-Ming & Huang, Tsai-Yuan, 2016. "Nonlinear and time-varying growth-tourism causality," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 45-59.
- Perles-Ribes, José Francisco & Ramón-Rodríguez, Ana Belén & Rubia, Antonio & Moreno-Izquierdo, Luis, 2017. "Is the tourism-led growth hypothesis valid after the global economic and financial crisis? The case of Spain 1957–2014," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 96-109.
- Mark P. Hampton & Julia Jeyacheya & Pham Hong Long, 2018. "Can Tourism Promote Inclusive Growth? Supply Chains, Ownership and Employment in Ha Long Bay, Vietnam," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 54(2), pages 359-376, February.
- Shahzad, Syed Jawad Hussain & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Ferrer, Román & Kumar, Ronald Ravinesh, 2017.
"Tourism-led growth hypothesis in the top ten tourist destinations: New evidence using the quantile-on-quantile approach,"
Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 223-232.
- Shahzad, Syed Jawad Hussain & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Ferrer, Román & Kumar, Ronald Ravinesh, 2016. "Tourism-led Growth Hypothesis in the Top Ten Tourist Destinations: New Evidence Using the Quantile-on-Quantile Approach," MPRA Paper 75540, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Dec 2016.
- Tang, Chor Foon & Tan, Eu Chye, 2015. "Does tourism effectively stimulate Malaysia's economic growth?," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 158-163.
- Bouzahzah, Mohamed & El Menyari, Younesse, 2013. "The relationship between international tourism and economic growth: the case of Morocco and Tunisia," MPRA Paper 44102, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Toda, Hiro Y. & Yamamoto, Taku, 1995. "Statistical inference in vector autoregressions with possibly integrated processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 225-250.
- Andrew Phiri, 2016.
"Tourism and Economic Growth in South Africa: Evidence from Linear and Nonlinear Cointegration Frameworks,"
Managing Global Transitions, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 14(1 (Spring), pages 31-53.
- Phiri, Andrew, 2015. "Tourism and economic growth in South Africa: Evidence from linear and nonlinear cointegration frameworks," MPRA Paper 65000, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mahalia Jackman & Troy Lorde, 2010. "On the Relationship between Tourist Flows and Household Expenditure in Barbados: A Dynamic OLS Approach," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(1), pages 472-481.
- Po, Wan-Chen & Huang, Bwo-Nung, 2008. "Tourism development and economic growth–a nonlinear approach," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(22), pages 5535-5542.
- Tugcu, Can Tansel, 2014. "Tourism and economic growth nexus revisited: A panel causality analysis for the case of the Mediterranean Region," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 207-212.
- Brida, Juan Gabriel & Pereyra, Juan S. & Risso, Wiston Adrián & Devesa, María Jesús Such & Aguirre, Sandra Zapata, 2008. "The Tourism-led Growth Hypothesis: Empirical Evidence from Colombia," MPRA Paper 25286, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 19 Mar 2009.
- Elvira da Costa Ribeiro & Bing Wang, 2020. "Tourism Led Growth Hypothesis: Has the Tourism industry an impact on The Economic Growth of Sao Tome and Principe?," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 10(1), pages 180-185.
- Dogru, Tarik & Sirakaya-Turk, Ercan, 2017. "Engines of tourism's growth: An examination of efficacy of shift-share regression analysis in South Carolina," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 205-214.
- Jalil, Abdul & Mahmood, Tahir & Idrees, Muhammad, 2013. "Tourism–growth nexus in Pakistan: Evidence from ARDL bounds tests," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 185-191.
- Mosab I. Tabash, 2017. "The Role of Tourism Sector in Economic Growth: An Empirical Evidence From Palestine," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 7(2), pages 103-108.
- Tang, Chor Foon, 2011. "Tourism, real output and real effective exchange rate in Malaysia: a view from rolling sub-samples," MPRA Paper 29379, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rahul Anand & Saurabh Mishra & Shanaka J Peiris, 2013. "Inclusive Growth; Measurement and Determinants," IMF Working Papers 13/135, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Seker, Fahri & Ertugrul, Hasan Murat & Cetin, Murat, 2015. "The impact of foreign direct investment on environmental quality: A bounds testing and causality analysis for Turkey," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 347-356.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Ramzi Benkraiem & Anthony Miloudi & Aviral Kumar Tiwari, 2019.
"Tourism-induced financial development in Malaysia: New evidence from the tourism development index,"
Tourism Economics, , vol. 25(5), pages 757-778, August.
- Shahbaz Muhammad & Ramzi Benkraiem & Anthony Miloudi & Aviral Kumar Tiwari, 2019. "Tourism-induced financial development in Malaysia: New evidence from the tourism development index," Post-Print hal-02182288, HAL.
- Osinubi, Tolulope Temilola & Osinubi , Olufemi Bankole, 2020. "Inclusive Growth in Tourism-led Growth Hypothesis: Evidence from Nigeria," African Journal of Economic Review, African Journal of Economic Review, vol. 8(2), July.
- Eda BALIKÇIOĞLU & Kutay OKTAY, 2015. "Türkiye’de Turizm Gelirleri ve Ekonomik Büyüme İlişkisinin Kamu Politikaları Doğrultusunda Değerlendirilmesi," Sosyoekonomi Journal, Sosyoekonomi Society, issue 23(25).
- Jiranyakul, Komain, 2016. "The Validity of the Tourism-Led Growth Hypothesis for Thailand," MPRA Paper 72716, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eric Olabode Olabisi, 2018. "Revisiting the Tourism-Economic Growth Nexus: The Case of Economic Community of West African States," Izvestiya, Varna University of Economics, issue 1, pages 21-30.
- Syed Jawad Hussain Shahzad & Román Ferrer, 2020. "Dynamic spillover effects among tourism, economic growth and macro-finance risk factors," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 19(3), pages 173-194, September.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Román Ferrer & Syed Jawad Hussain Shahzad & Ilham Haouas, 2018. "Is the tourism–economic growth nexus time-varying? Bootstrap rolling-window causality analysis for the top 10 tourist destinations," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(24), pages 2677-2697, May.
- Mallick, Hrushikesh & Mahalik, Mantu Kumar & Sahoo, Manoranjan, 2018. "Is crude oil price detrimental to domestic private investment for an emerging economy? The role of public sector investment and financial sector development in an era of globalization," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 307-324.
- Muthana Mohammad Omoush, 2018. "Time Series Analysis among Tourism, Financial Development, FDI and Economic Growth in Jordan," International Journal of Economics and Finance, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 10(12), pages 150-150, December.
- Hrushikesh Mallick & Mantu Kumar Mahalik & Hemachandra Padhan, 0. "Does globalization exacerbate income inequality in two largest emerging economies? The role of FDI and remittances inflows," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 0, pages 1-38.
- Emre Atilgan & Dilek Kilic & Hasan Murat Ertugrul, 2017. "The dynamic relationship between health expenditure and economic growth: is the health-led growth hypothesis valid for Turkey?," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 18(5), pages 567-574, June.
- Ghassan Dibeh & Ali Fakih & Walid Marrouch, 2020. "Tourismâ€“growth nexus under duress: Lebanon during the Syrian crisis," Tourism Economics, , vol. 26(3), pages 353-370, May.
More about this item
Keywordstourism; granger causality; ARDL model; Kalman filter method;
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:96419. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.