Engines of tourism's growth: An examination of efficacy of shift-share regression analysis in South Carolina
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Julia Kowalewski, 2011. "Specialization and employment development in Germany: An analysis at the regional level," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 90(4), pages 789-811, November.
- Shaoming Cheng, 2011. "Business cycle, industrial composition, or regional advantage? A decomposition analysis of new firm formation in the United States," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 47(1), pages 147-167, August.
- Timothy J. Bartik, 1991. "Who Benefits from State and Local Economic Development Policies?," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number wbsle, November.
- J A Kurre & B R Weller, 1989. "Forecasting the Local Economy, Using Time-Series and Shiftâ€”Share Techniques," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 21(6), pages 753-770, June.
- Knudsen, Daniel C., 2000. "Shift-share analysis: further examination of models for the description of economic change," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 177-198, September.
- Uwe Blien & Katja Wolf, 2002.
"Regional development of employment in eastern Germany: an analysis with an econometric analogue to shift-share techniques,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 81(3), pages 391-414.
- Blien, Uwe & Wolf, Katja, 2002. "Regional development of employment in eastern Germany. An analysis with an econometric analogue to shift-share techniques," ERSA conference papers ersa02p263, European Regional Science Association.
- J A Kurre & B R Weller, 1989. "Forecasting the local economy, using time-series and shift - share techniques," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 21(6), pages 753-770, June.
- Wayne C. Curtis, 1972. "Shift-Share Analysis as a Technique in Rural Development Research," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 54(2), pages 267-270.
- Roger J. Beck & William McD. Herr, 1990. "Employment Linkages from a Modified Shift-Share Analysis: An Illinois Example," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 20(3), pages 38-45, Fall.
More about this item
KeywordsShift-share analysis; Regression method; Tourism development; Tourism employment;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:touman:v:58:y:2017:i:c:p:205-214. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/tourism-management .