Shift-share analysis: further examination of models for the description of economic change
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- K E Haynes & F Y Phillips, 1982. "Constrained minimum discrimination information: a unifying tool for modeling spatial and individual choice behavior," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 14(10), pages 1341-1354, October.
- רבקה פריאור, 1984. "נפגעי תאונות עבודה, 1982," Working Papers 382, National Insurance Institute of Israel.
- דבי עובדיה, 1989. "חונכות ילדי אסירים," Working Papers 144, National Insurance Institute of Israel.
- J A Kurre & B R Weller, 1989. "Forecasting the local economy, using time-series and shift - share techniques," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 21(6), pages 753-770, June.
- D C Knudsen, 1992. "Manufacturing employment change in the American Midwest, 1977 - 86," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 24(9), pages 1303-1316, September.
- Theil, Henri & Sorooshian, Cyrus, 1979. "Components of the change in regional inequality," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 191-193.
- Theil, Henri & Gosh, Riddhi, 1980. "A comparison of shift-share and the RAS adjustment," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 175-180, June.
- אסתר טולידנו, 1989. "מקבלי דמי אבטלה בשנת 1988," Working Papers 538, National Insurance Institute of Israel.
- P V Schaeffer & L D Hopkins, 1987.
"Behavior of land developers: planning and the economics of information,"
Environment and Planning A,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 19(9), pages 1221-1232, September.
- D R Holden & J K Swales & A G M Nairn, 1987. "The Repeated Application of Shift-Share: A Structural Explanation of Regional Growth?," Environment and Planning A, , pages 1233-1250.
- K E Haynes & F Y Phillips, 1982. "Constrained Minimum Discrimination Information: A Unifying Tool for Modeling Spatial and Individual Choice Behavior," Environment and Planning A, , pages 1341-1354.
- ברנדה מורגנשטיין ורונית ליברמן, 1981. "שירות המקיף לקשיש בטברי," Working Papers 118, National Insurance Institute of Israel.
- D R Holden & J K Swales & A G M Nairn, 1987.
"The Repeated Application of Shift-Share: A Structural Explanation of Regional Growth?,"
Environment and Planning A,
, pages 1233-1250.
- D R Holden & J K Swales & A G M Nairn, 1987. "The repeated application of shift-share: a structural explanation of regional growth?," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 19(9), pages 1233-1250, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David J. DOORN & Kyle A. KELLY, 2015. "Employment Change in the U.S. Census Divisions from 2000 through the Great Recession and Current Recovery," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 15(2), pages 5-22.
- MatÃas Mayor FernÃ¡ndez & Ana JesÃºs LÃ³pez MenÃ©ndez & Rigoberto PÃ©rez SuÃ¡rez, 2004. "Defining Scenarios through shift - share models. An Application to the regional employment," ERSA conference papers ersa04p454, European Regional Science Association.
- repec:elg:eechap:14395_4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Madalina-Stefania Dirzu & Peter Nijkamp, 2013. "The Dynamics Of Agglomeration Processes And Their Contribution To Regional Development Across The Eu," Romanian Journal of Regional Science, Romanian Regional Science Association, pages 17-35.
- Jacques Poot & Bill Cochrane & Sandra Baxendine, 2005. "Description and Spatial Analysis of Employment Change in New Zealand Regions 1986-2001," Population Studies Centre Discussion Papers dp-57, University of Waikato, Population Studies Centre.
- Janaranjana Herath & Tesfa Gebremedhin & Blessing Maumbe, 2010. "A Dynamic Shift Share Analysis of Economic Growth in West Virginia," Working Papers Working Paper 2010-12, Regional Research Institute, West Virginia University.
- Valente J. Matlaba & Mark Holmes & Philip McCann & Jacques Poot, 2012. "Classic and Spatial Shift-Share Analysis of State-Level Employment Change in Brazil," Working Papers in Economics 12/08, University of Waikato.
- František Střeleček & Radek Zdeněk & Jana Lososová, 2010.
"Vývoj zaměstnanosti v znevýhodněných oblastech v letech 2002-2006
[Development of Employment in Less Favoured Areas in 2002-2006]," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, pages 761-773.
- repec:eee:touman:v:58:y:2017:i:c:p:205-214 is not listed on IDEAS
- Long, Ruyin & Chen, Hong & Li, Huijuan & Wang, Fei, 2013. "Selecting alternative industries for Chinese resource cities based on intra- and inter-regional comparative advantages," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 82-88.
- Nilsson, Fredrik O.L. & Lindberg, Emma & Surry, Yves, 2007. "A trade performance analysis of fresh fruit and vegetables in Mediterranean countries," Department of Economics publications 3022, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Economics.
- Mayor Fernández, M. & López Menéndez, A.J. & Pérez Suárez, R., 2005. "Escenarios de empleo regional. Una propuesta basada en análisis shift-share/Regionel Employment Scenarios. A Schift-Share Approach," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, pages 863-887.
- MatÃas Mayor FernÃ¡ndez & Ana JesÃºs LÃ³pez MenÃ©ndez, 2005. "The spatial shift-share analysis - new developments and some findings for the Spanish case," ERSA conference papers ersa05p659, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceps:v:34:y:2000:i:3:p:177-198. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/seps .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.