A Summary Of The Literature On Shift-Share Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Holden, Darryl R & Nairn, Alasdair G M & Swales, J K, 1989. "Shift-Share Analysis of Regional Growth and Policy: A Critique," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 51(1), pages 15-34, February.
- M.W. Danson & W.F. Lever & J.F. Malcolm, 1980. "The Inner City Employment Problem in Great Britain, 1952-76: a Shift-Share Approach," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 17(2), pages 193-209, June.
- F.J.B. Stilwell, 1969. "Regional Growth and Structural Adaptation," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 6(2), pages 162-178, June.
- Wayne C. Curtis, 1972. "Shift-Share Analysis as a Technique in Rural Development Research," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 54(2), pages 267-270.
- Grimes, Paul W. & Ray, Margaret A., 1988. "Right-to-Work Legislation and Employment Growth in the 1980s: A Shift-Share Analysis," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 18(2).
- Harris, Anthony H, et al, 1987. "Incoming Industry and Structural Change: Oil and the Aberdeen Economy," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 34(1), pages 69-90, February.
- A. P. Thirlwall, 1967. "A Measure Of The ‘Proper Distribution Of Industry’," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 46-58.
- D R Holden & J K Swales & A G M Nairn, 1987.
"The Repeated Application of Shift-Share: A Structural Explanation of Regional Growth?,"
Environment and Planning A,
, vol. 19(9), pages 1233-1250, September.
- D R Holden & J K Swales & A G M Nairn, 1987. "The repeated application of shift-share: a structural explanation of regional growth?," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 19(9), pages 1233-1250, September.
- Lowell D. Ashby, 1970. "Changes in Regional Industrial Structure: a Comment," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 7(3), pages 298-304, October.
- Moore, Barry & Rhodes, John, 1973. "Evaluating the Effects of British Regional Economic Policy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 83(329), pages 87-110, March.
- Klaassen, L. H. & Paelinck, J. H. P., 1972. "II. Asymmetry in shift- and share analysis," Regional and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 256-261, October.
- Merrifield, John, 1983. "The Role of Shift Share in Regional Analysis," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 13(1).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kincses, Áron & Tóth, Géza & Tömöri, Mihály & Michalkó, Gábor, 2016. "Identifying settlements involved in Hungary’s transit traffic," MPRA Paper 74508, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chilian, Mihaela Nona, 2012. "Evolution of Regional and Sub-Regional Disparities in Romania – A Sectoral Shift-Share Analysis," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(1), pages 187-204, March.
- Bills, Nelson L. & Gloy, Brent A. & Uva, Wen-fei L. & White, Gerald B. & Cheng, Mei-luan, 2006. "2007 Farm Bill: Policy Options and Consequences for Northeast Specialty Crops Industries, Small Farms, and Sustainability Programs," Research Bulletins 121580, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Zeynep Elburz & Ferhan Gezici, 2012. "Regional Development Policies And Industrial Employment Change In Turkey: A Shift Share Analysis (1992-2008)," ERSA conference papers ersa12p1012, European Regional Science Association.
- IORDAN Marioara & GRIGORESCU Adriana & CHILIAN Mihaela-Nona, 2013. "Sub-Regional Disparities In Romania - The Case Of The Centru Region," Revista Economica, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 65(5), pages 102-117.
- Hussain, Anwar & Maki, Wilbur R. & Olson, Douglas C. & Braslau, David, 1993. "The Changing Structure Of The Transportation Sector - An Input-Output Analysis," Staff Papers 13952, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- repec:oup:cjrecs:v:10:y:2017:i:3:p:425-454. is not listed on IDEAS
- Kincses, Áron & Tóth, Géza & Tömöri, Mihály & Michalkó, Gábor, 2017. "Characteristics of transit tourism in Hungary with a focus on expenditure," MPRA Paper 76854, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley & Peter Tyler & Ben Gardiner, 2016. "Editor's choice Divergent cities in post-industrial Britain," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 9(2), pages 269-299.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:umaesp:14086. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/daumnus.html .