Evolution of Regional and Sub-Regional Disparities in Romania – A Sectoral Shift-Share Analysis
The paper aims to assess the evolution of sectoral development disparities (as regards value-added and employment, for the main sectors of the economy) in the regions and counties of Romania. Using classical shift-share analysis tools, we investigate the extent to which the existing interregional and, especially, intra-regional and inter-county inequalities can be attributed to different factors, such as industry mix, and to regional specific factors. The results reveal a diverse milieu and offer useful insights for both general and specifically targeted policies in the area of regional development.
Volume (Year): (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13, Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucureşti 761172|
Phone: 004 021 3188148
Fax: 004 021 3188148
Web page: http://www.ipe.ro/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Miron, Dumitru & Dima, Alina Mihaela & Vasilache, Simona, 2009. "Indexes of Regional Economic Growth in Post-Accession Romania," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 6(3), pages 138-152, September.
- Jula, Dorin & Jula, Nicoleta, 2009. "Productivity and the Regional Employment in Services. Econometric Estimations for Romania," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 6(3), pages 129-137, September.
- Selting, Anne C. & Loveridge, Scott, 1992. "A Summary Of The Literature On Shift-Share Analysis," Staff Papers 14086, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Gordon F. Mulligan & Andreas Molin, 2004. "Estimating population change with a two-category shift-share model," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 38(1), pages 113-130, March.
- Mereuta, Cezar & Albu, Lucian Liviu & Iordan, Marioara & Chilian, Mihaela Nona, 2007. "A Model to Evaluate the Regional Competitiveness of the EU Regions," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 4(3), pages 81-102, September.
- Miguel A. Márquez & Julián Ramajo & Geoffrey J. D. Hewings, 2009. "Incorporating Sectoral Structure into Shift-Share Analysis," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(4), pages 594-618.
- Scutaru, Cornelia & Fomin, Petre & Stanica, Cristian, 2010. "Prospects for the Evolution of the Economic Sectors’ Behavior," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(5), pages 120-142.
- Yiannis KAMARIANAKIS (IACM and University of Crete) & Julie Le GALLO (GRES- IFReDE-IERSO), 2003.
"The evolution of regional productivity disparities in the European Union, 1975-2000,"
Cahiers du GRES (2002-2009)
2003-15, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- Yiannis Kamarianakis & Julie Le Gallo, 2003. "The evolution of regional productivity disparities in the European Union, 1975-2000," Urban/Regional 0312004, EconWPA.
- David Wadley & Phillip Smith, 2003. "Straightening up shift-share analysis," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 37(2), pages 259-261, May.
- Sandy Dall’erba & Yiannis Kamarianaki & Julie Le Gallo & Maria Plotnikova, 2003. "Regional Productivity Differentials in Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic," Urban/Regional 0310004, EconWPA. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rjr:romjef:v::y:2012:i:1:p:187-204. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Corina Saman)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.