Evolution of Regional Disparities in Romania â€“ A Shift-share Analysis
The paper aims to assess the evolution of the development disparities (output, employment, overall and by sectors) in the regions and counties of Romania. Using classic and spatial shift-share analysis tools, we investigate the extent to which the existing interregional and, especially, intra-regional and inter-county inequalities can be attributed to different factors, such as industry mix, regional specific factors, and interregional interactions. The results reveal a diverse milieu and offer useful insights both for general and specifically targeted policies in the area of regional development. Keywords: Romanian regions, regional disparities, shift-share analysis, regional development JEL Classification: O18, R11, R12, R15
|Date of creation:||Sep 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Welthandelsplatz 1, 1020 Vienna, Austria|
Web page: http://www.ersa.org
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yiannis Kamarianakis & Julie Le Gallo, 2003.
"The evolution of regional productivity disparities in the European Union, 1975-2000,"
- Yiannis KAMARIANAKIS (IACM and University of Crete) & Julie Le GALLO (GRES- IFReDE-IERSO), 2003. "The evolution of regional productivity disparities in the European Union, 1975-2000," Cahiers du GRES (2002-2009) 2003-15, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- Gordon F. Mulligan & Andreas Molin, 2004. "Estimating population change with a two-category shift-share model," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 38(1), pages 113-130, 03.
- Miguel A. Márquez & Julián Ramajo & Geoffrey J. D. Hewings, 2009. "Incorporating Sectoral Structure into Shift-Share Analysis," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(4), pages 594-618.
- Sandy Dall’erba & Yiannis Kamarianaki & Julie Le Gallo & Maria Plotnikova, 2003. "Regional Productivity Differentials in Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic," Urban/Regional 0310004, EconWPA.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa11p827. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.