Classic and Spatial Shift-Share Analysis of State-Level Employment Change in Brazil
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- McCann, Philip, 2001. "Urban and Regional Economics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198776451, June.
- Suahasil Nazara & Geoffrey J.D. Hewings, 2004. "Spatial Structure and Taxonomy of Decomposition in Shift-Share Analysis," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 476-490.
- Göran Therborn & K.C. Ho, 2009. "Introduction," City, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 53-62, March.
- Corinne Autant-Bernard & Jacques Mairesse & Nadine Massard, 2007.
"Spatial knowledge diffusion through collaborative networks,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(3), pages 341-350, August.
- Corinne Autant-Bernard & Nadine Massard & Jacques Mairesse, 2007. "Spatial knowledge diffusion through collaborative networks," Post-Print ujm-00176398, HAL.
- Marie Daumal & Soledad Zignago, 2010. "Measure and determinants of border effects of Brazilian states," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(4), pages 735-758, November.
- Esteban-Marquillas, J. M., 1972. "I. A reinterpretation of shift-share analysis," Regional and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 249-255, October.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7446 is not listed on IDEAS
- Julie Le Gallo & Yiannis Kamarianakis, 2011. "The Evolution of Regional Productivity Disparities in the European Union from 1975 to 2002: A Combination of Shift-Share and Spatial Econometrics," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(1), pages 123-139.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- Georgios Fotopoulos & Dimitris Kallioras & George Petrakos, 2010. "Spatial variations of Greek manufacturing employment growth: The effects of specialization and international trade," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(1), pages 109-133, March.
- G Fotopoulos & N Spence, 1999. "Spatial Variations in Net Entry Rates of Establishments in Greek Manufacturing Industries: An Application of the Shift-Share ANOVA Model," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 31(10), pages 1731-1755, October.
- Knudsen, Daniel C., 2000. "Shift-share analysis: further examination of models for the description of economic change," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 177-198, September.
- Uwe Blien & Katja Wolf, 2002.
"Regional development of employment in eastern Germany: an analysis with an econometric analogue to shift-share techniques,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 81(3), pages 391-414.
- Blien, Uwe & Wolf, Katja, 2002. "Regional development of employment in eastern Germany. An analysis with an econometric analogue to shift-share techniques," ERSA conference papers ersa02p263, European Regional Science Association.
- Matías Mayor & Ana López, 2008. "Spatial shift-share analysis versus spatial filtering: an application to Spanish employment data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 123-142, February.
- Marcelo de Paiva Abreu, 2005. "The Brazilian economy, 1980-1994," Textos para discussão 492, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Ricardo C. Gazel & R. Keith Schwer, 1998. "Growth of International Exports among the States: Can a Modified Shift-Share Analysis Explain it?," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 21(2), pages 185-204, August.
- Marcelo de Paiva Abreu, 1998. "The Brazilian economy, 1928-1945," Textos para discussão 388, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Robert Q. Hanham, 2000. "Shift-Share Analysis and Changes in Japanese Manufacturing Employment," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(1), pages 108-123.
- J. Barkley Rosser, 2009. "Introduction," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research on Complexity, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Guilherme Mendes Resende, 2011. "Multiple dimensions of regional economic growth: The Brazilian case, 1991−2000," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 90(3), pages 629-662, August.
- Marcelo de Paiva Abreu, 2000. "The Brazilian economy, 1928-1980," Textos para discussão 432, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- D C Knudsen & R Barff, 1991. "Shift-Share Analysis as a Linear Model," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 23(3), pages 421-431, March.
- Selting, Anne C. & Loveridge, Scott, 1994. "Testing Dynamic Shift-Share," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 24(1).
- Gondim Nogueira, Cláudio André & Feitosa Lopes, Daniel Alisson, 2008. "Employment growth in Ceara: a shift-share analysis (2000-2005)," MPRA Paper 15882, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- A Getis, 1991. "Spatial Interaction and Spatial Autocorrelation: A Cross-Product Approach," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 23(9), pages 1269-1277, September.
- G Fotopoulos & N Spence, 1999. "Spatial variations in net entry rates of establihments in Greek manufacturing industries: an application of the shift-share ANOVA model," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 31(10), pages 1731-1755, October.
More about this item
Keywordsregional employment; shift-share analysis; spatial autocorrelation; spatial spillovers; Brazil;
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- N66 - Economic History - - Manufacturing and Construction - - - Latin America; Caribbean
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2012-07-29 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2012-07-29 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wai:econwp:12/08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Brian Silverstone). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dewaknz.html .