Agglomeration Externalities and 1981-2006 Regional Growth in Brazil
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Magalhães, André & Hewings, Geoffrey J.D. & Azzoni, Carlos R., 2005. "Spatial Dependence and Regional Convergence in Brazil," INVESTIGACIONES REGIONALES - Journal of REGIONAL RESEARCH, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 6, pages 5-20.
- Mariano Bosch Mossi & Patricio Aroca & Ismael J. FernÃ¡NDEZ & Carlos Roberto Azzoni, 2003. "Growth Dynamics and Space in Brazil," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 26(3), pages 393-418, July.
- Henderson, Vernon & Kuncoro, Ari & Turner, Matt, 1995. "Industrial Development in Cities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(5), pages 1067-1090, October.
- Marie Daumal & Soledad Zignago, 2010. "Measure and determinants of border effects of Brazilian states," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(4), pages 735-758, November.
- Carlos A. Azzoni & Naercio Menezes-Filho & Tatiana de Menezes & Raúl Silveira-Neto, 2000. "Geography and Income Convergence among Brazilian States," Research Department Publications 3096, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7446 is not listed on IDEAS
- Afonso Ferreira, 2000. "Convergence in Brazil: recent trends and long-run prospects," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(4), pages 479-489.
- Glaeser, Edward L & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1992.
"Growth in Cities,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(6), pages 1126-1152, December.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1991. "Growth in Cities," NBER Working Papers 3787, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glaeser, Edward Ludwig & Kallal, Hedi D. & Scheinkman, Jose A. & Shleifer, Andrei, 1992. "Growth in Cities," Scholarly Articles 3451309, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Henri L.F. de Groot & Jacques Poot & Martijn J. Smit, 2007.
"Agglomeration, Innovation and Regional Development: Theoretical Perspectives and Meta-Analysis,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
07-079/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Henri L.F. de Groot & Jacques Poot & Martijn J. Smit, 2008. "Agglomeration Externalities, Innovation and Regional Growth: Theoretical Perspectives and Meta-Analysis," Working Papers in Economics 08/01, University of Waikato.
- Carlos R. Azzoni, 2001. "Economic growth and regional income inequality in Brazil," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 35(1), pages 133-152.
- Combes, Pierre-Philippe, 2000. "Economic Structure and Local Growth: France, 1984-1993," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 329-355, May.
- Marcelo de Paiva Abreu, 2005. "The Brazilian economy, 1980-1994," Textos para discussão 492, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Barbosa, Fernando de Holanda, 1989. "Macroeconomia," FGV/EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 138, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Marcelo de Paiva Abreu, 1998. "The Brazilian economy, 1928-1945," Textos para discussão 388, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Francesca Mameli & Alessandra Faggian & Philip McCann, 2008. "Employment Growth in Italian Local Labour Systems: Issues of Model Specification and Sectoral Aggregation," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(3), pages 343-360.
- Guilherme Mendes Resende, 2011. "Multiple dimensions of regional economic growth: The Brazilian case, 1991−2000," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 90(3), pages 629-662, August.
- Raul Silveira-Neto & Carlos R. Azzoni, 2006. "Location and regional income disparity dynamics: The Brazilian case," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 85(4), pages 599-613, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Khaled Thabet, 2015. "Industrial structure and total factor productivity: the Tunisian manufacturing sector between 1998 and 2004," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 54(2), pages 639-662, March.
- Valente J. Matlaba & Mark J. Holmes & Philip McCann & Jacques Poot, 2013.
"A Century Of The Evolution Of The Urban System In Brazil,"
Review of Urban & Regional Development Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(3), pages 129-151, November.
- Valente J. Matlaba & Mark Holmes & Philip McCann & Jacques Poot, 2011. "A Century of the Evolution of the Urban System in Brazil," Working Papers in Economics 11/12, University of Waikato.
- repec:blg:journl:v:12:y:2017:i:1:p:185-201 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsconvergence; economic growth; knowledge externalities; Brazil;
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- N66 - Economic History - - Manufacturing and Construction - - - Latin America; Caribbean
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wai:econwp:12/07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Brian Silverstone). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dewaknz.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.