Health inequality in the Russian Federation: An examination of the changes in concentration and achievement indices from 1994 to 2013
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul Frijters & John P. Haisken-DeNew & Michael Shields, 2003. "Estimating The Causal Effect of Income on Health: Evidence from Post Reunification East Germany," CEPR Discussion Papers 465, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1994.
"Automatic Lag Selection in Covariance Matrix Estimation,"
Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 61(4), pages 631-653.
- Newey, W.K. & West, K.D., 1992. "Automatic Lag Selection in Covariance Matrix Estimation," Working papers 9220, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Kenneth D. West & Whitney K. Newey, 1995. "Automatic Lag Selection in Covariance Matrix Estimation," NBER Technical Working Papers 0144, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey M Wooldridge, 2010.
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232588.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2001. "Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232197.
- Ariél Pakes & Zvi Griliches, 1984.
"Estimating Distributed Lags in Short Panels with an Application to the Specification of Depreciation Patterns and Capital Stock Constructs,"
Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(2), pages 243-262.
- Ariel Pakes & Zvi Griliches, 1982. "Estimating Distributed Lags in Short Panels with an Application to the Specification of Depreciation Patterns and Capital Stock Constructs," NBER Working Papers 0933, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hernández-Quevedo, Cristina & Jones, Andrew M. & Rice, Nigel, 2008.
"Persistence in health limitations: A European comparative analysis,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1472-1488, December.
- Cristina Hernández-Quevedo & Andrew M. Jones & Nigel Rice, 2007. "Persistence in health limitations: a European comparative analysis," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 07/03, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- James P. Smith, 1999. "Healthy Bodies and Thick Wallets: The Dual Relation between Health and Economic Status," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(2), pages 145-166, Spring.
- Christopher J. Gerry & Georgios Papadopoulos, 2015. "Sample attrition in the RLMS, 2001–10," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 23(2), pages 425-468, April.
- Robert E. Leu & Martin Schellhorn, 2004. "The evolution of income-related health inequalities in Switzerland over time," Diskussionsschriften dp0414, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- Leu, Robert E. & Schellhorn, Martin, 2004. "The Evolution of Income-Related Health Inequalities in Switzerland over Time," IZA Discussion Papers 1346, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Maite Blázquez & Elena Cottini & Ainhoa Herrarte, 2014.
"The socioeconomic gradient in health: how important is material deprivation?,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 12(2), pages 239-264, June.
- Blázquez, Maite & Cottini, Elena & Herrarte, Ainhoa, 2012. "Socioeconomic Gradient in Health: How Important is Material Deprivation?," Working Papers in Economic Theory 2012/07, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Department of Economic Analysis (Economic Theory and Economic History).
- Joan Costa-i-Font & Cristina Hernandez-Quevedo & Azusa Sato, 2013. "A 'Health Kuznets' Curve'? Cross-Country and Longitudinal Evidence," CESifo Working Paper Series 4446, CESifo.
- Jin Guo & Tetsuji Tanaka, 2020. "The Effectiveness of Self-Sufficiency Policy: International Price Transmissions in Beef Markets," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(15), pages 1-23, July.
- David Cantarero & Marta Pascual, 2005. "Regional Differences In Health In Spain - An Empirical Analysis," ERSA conference papers ersa05p551, European Regional Science Association.
- Jinhee Kim & Swarn Chatterjee, 2019. "Student Loans, Health, and Life Satisfaction of US Households: Evidence from a Panel Study," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 36-50, March.
- Maite Blázquez Cuesta & Elena Cottini & Herrarte, A. (Ainhoa), 2012. "GINI DP 39: Socioeconomic Gradient in Health: How Important is Material Deprivation?," GINI Discussion Papers 39, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
- Doyle, Orla & Harmon, Colm P. & Walker, Ian, 2005.
"The Impact of Parental Income and Education on the Health of their Children,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1832, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Doyle, Orla & Harmon, Colm & Walker, Ian, 2005. "The Impact of Parental Income and Education on the Health of their Children," CEPR Discussion Papers 5359, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stefan Angel & Benjamin Bittschi, 2019. "Housing and Health," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 65(3), pages 495-513, September.
- Mayer, Walter J. & Liu, Feng & Dang, Xin, 2017. "Improving the power of the Diebold–Mariano–West test for least squares predictions," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 618-626.
- Jushan Bai & Sung Hoon Choi & Yuan Liao, 2021.
"Feasible generalized least squares for panel data with cross-sectional and serial correlations,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 60(1), pages 309-326, January.
- Jushan Bai & Sung Hoon Choi & Yuan Liao, 2019. "Feasible Generalized Least Squares for Panel Data with Cross-sectional and Serial Correlations," Papers 1910.09004, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2020.
- Schwandt, Hannes, 2014.
"Wealth shocks and health outcomes: evidence from stock market fluctuations,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
60352, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Schwandt, Hannes, 2018. "Wealth Shocks and Health Outcomes: Evidence from Stock Market Fluctuations," CEPR Discussion Papers 12562, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hannes Schwandt, 2014. "Wealth Shocks and Health Outcomes: Evidence from Stock Market Fluctuations," CEP Discussion Papers dp1281, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Schwandt, Hannes, 2014. "Wealth Shocks and Health Outcomes: Evidence from Stock Market Fluctuations," IZA Discussion Papers 8298, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Costa-Font, Joan & Hernández-Quevedo, Cristina & Jiménez-Rubio, Dolores, 2014. "Income inequalities in unhealthy life styles in England and Spain," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 66-75.
- Arrighi, Y. & Rapp, T. & Sirven, N., 2017.
"The impact of economic conditions on the disablement process: A Markov transition approach using SHARE data,"
Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 121(7), pages 778-785.
- Yves Arrighi & Thomas Rapp & Nicolas Sirven, 2017. "The impact of economic conditions on the disablement process: A Markov transition approach using SHARE data," Post-Print hal-01744491, HAL.
- Cipriani, Marco & La Spada, Gabriele, 2021. "Investors’ appetite for money-like assets: The MMF industry after the 2014 regulatory reform," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 250-269.
- Golo Henseke, 2018. "Good jobs, good pay, better health? The effects of job quality on health among older European workers," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 19(1), pages 59-73, January.
- Spyros Arvanitis & Florian Seliger & Martin Wörter, 2016. "Knowledge Spillovers and their Impact on Innovation Success - A New Approach Using Patent Backward Citations," KOF Working papers 16-414, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Maksym Bryukhanov & Igor Fedotenkov, 2017.
"Religiosity and Life Satisfaction in Russia: Evidence from the Russian Data,"
HSE Working papers
WP BRP 180/EC/2017, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Bryukhanov, Maksym & Fedotenkov, Igor, 2017. "Religiosity and life satisfaction in Russia: Evidence from the Russian data," MPRA Paper 82750, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Spyros Arvanitis & Florian Seliger & Martin Woerter, 2020. "Knowledge Spillovers, Competition and Innovation Success," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 82(5), pages 1017-1041, October.
- Jin Guo & Tetsuji Tanaka, 2019. "Determinants of international price volatility transmissions: the role of self-sufficiency rates in wheat-importing countries," Palgrave Communications, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 5(1), pages 1-13, December.
- Adriaan Kalwij & Rob Alessie & Marike Knoef, 2013. "The Association Between Individual Income and Remaining Life Expectancy at the Age of 65 in the Netherlands," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 50(1), pages 181-206, February.
More about this item
KeywordsAchievement; Aversion; Concentration; Distributionally-sensitive; Health inequalities; Positive-externality; Self-perceived; Subjective socioeconomic status; Russia.;
All these keywords.
- I14 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health and Inequality
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:70150. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.