Finding the Poor vs. Measuring Their Poverty: Exploring the Drivers of Targeting Effectiveness in Indonesia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bah,Adama Bari & Bazzi,Samuel Ali & Sumarto,Sudarno & Tobias,Julia, 2018. "Finding the poor vs. measuring their poverty : exploring the drivers of targeting effectiveness in Indonesia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 8342, The World Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bazzi, Samuel & Sumarto, Sudarno & Suryahadi, Asep, 2015. "It's all in the timing: Cash transfers and consumption smoothing in a developing country," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 267-288.
- David Coady & Emmanuel Skoufias, 2004.
"On the Targeting and Redistributive Efficiencies of Alternative Transfer Instruments,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 50(1), pages 11-27, March.
- Coady, David P. & Skoufias, Emmanuel, 2001. "On the targeting and redistributive efficiencies of alternative transfer instruments," FCND briefs 100, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Coady, David P. & Skoufias, Emmanuel, 2001. "On the targeting and redistributive efficiencies of alternative transfer instruments," FCND discussion papers 100, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Vivi Alatas & Abhijit Banerjee & Rema Hanna & Benjamin A. Olken & Julia Tobias, 2012.
"Targeting the Poor: Evidence from a Field Experiment in Indonesia,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 102(4), pages 1206-1240, June.
- Vivi Alatas & Abhijit Banerjee & Rema Hanna & Benjamin A. Olken & Julia Tobias, 2010. "Targeting the Poor: Evidence from a Field Experiment in Indonesia," NBER Working Papers 15980, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Niehaus & Antonia Atanassova & Marianne Bertrand & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2013. "Targeting with Agents," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 5(1), pages 206-238, February.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4335 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rema Hanna & Vivi Alatas & Abhijit Banerjee & Benjamin A. Olken & Ririn Purnamasari & Matthew Wai-Poi, 2013.
"Does Elite Capture Matter? Local Elites and Targeted Welfare Programs in Indonesia,"
CID Working Papers
255, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Alatas, Vivi & Banerjee, Abhijit & Hanna, Rema & Olken, Benjamin A. & Purnamasari, Ririn & Wai-Poi, Matthew, 2013. "Does Elite Capture Matter? Local Elites and Targeted Welfare Programs in Indonesia," Working Paper Series rwp13-008, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Vivi Alatas & Abhijit Banerjee & Rema Hanna & Benjamin A. Olken & Ririn Purnamasari & Matthew Wai-Poi, 2013. "Does Elite Capture Matter? Local Elites and Targeted Welfare Programs in Indonesia," NBER Working Papers 18798, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christophe Muller & Sami Bibi, 2010. "Refining Targeting against Poverty Evidence from Tunisia," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 72(3), pages 381-410, June.
- Sudarno Sumarto & Daniel Suryadarma & Asep Suryahadi, 2007.
"Predicting Consumption Poverty using Non-Consumption Indicators: Experiments using Indonesian Data,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 81(3), pages 543-578, May.
- Sudarno Sumarto & Daniel Suryadarma & Asep Suryahadi, 2006. "Predicting Consumption Poverty Using Non-consumption Indicators : Experiments Using Indonesian Data," Development Economics Working Papers 22542, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Skoufias, Emmanuel & Davis, Benjamin & de la Vega, Sergio, 2001. "Targeting the Poor in Mexico: An Evaluation of the Selection of Households into PROGRESA," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(10), pages 1769-1784, October.
- Adriana Camacho & Emily Conover, 2011. "Manipulation of Social Program Eligibility," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 3(2), pages 41-65, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adama Bah & Suahasil Nazara & Elan Satriawan, 2015. "Registro Único de Indonesia para los programas de protección social," Policy Research Brief 49, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Tohari, Achmad & Parsons, Christopher & Rammohan, Anu, 2017. "Targeting Poverty under Complementarities: Evidence from Indonesia's Unified Targeting System," IZA Discussion Papers 10968, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Christophe Muller, 2018. "Optimal Cash Transfers with Distribution Regressions: An Application to Egypt at the Dawn of the XXIst Century," Working Papers halshs-01684570, HAL.
- Adama Bah & Suahasil Nazara & Elan Satriawan, 2015. "Le registre unique indonésien à l?usage des programmes de protection sociale," Policy Research Brief (French) 49, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
More about this item
KeywordsTargeting; Proxy-Means Testing; Social Protection; Poverty;
- D1 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-11-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2014-11-28 (Development)
- NEP-SEA-2014-11-28 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:59759. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.