Does Elite Capture Matter? Local Elites and Targeted Welfare Programs in Indonesia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Vivi Alatas & Abhijit Banerjee & Rema Hanna & Benjamin A. Olken & Ririn Purnamasari & Matthew Wai-Poi, 2013. "Does Elite Capture Matter? Local Elites and Targeted Welfare Programs in Indonesia," NBER Working Papers 18798, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rema Hanna & Vivi Alatas & Abhijit Banerjee & Benjamin A. Olken & Ririn Purnamasari & Matthew Wai-Poi, 2013. "Does Elite Capture Matter? Local Elites and Targeted Welfare Programs in Indonesia," CID Working Papers 255, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Duflo, Esther & Dupas, Pascaline & Kremer, Michael, 2015.
"School governance, teacher incentives, and pupil–teacher ratios: Experimental evidence from Kenyan primary schools,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 92-110.
- Esther Duflo & Pascaline Dupas & Michael Kremer, 2012. "School Governance, Teacher Incentives, and Pupil-Teacher Ratios: Experimental Evidence from Kenyan Primary Schools," NBER Working Papers 17939, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tohari, Achmad & Parsons, Christopher & Rammohan, Anu, 2017. "Does Information Empower the Poor? Evidence from Indonesia's Social Security Card," IZA Discussion Papers 11137, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Nasrudin, Rus'an, 2015. "Does Soft Corruption Make Grease or Sand for Development? Evidence from Road's Special Allocation Fund for Indonesian Districts," MPRA Paper 80578, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Aug 2017.
- Muhammad Haseeb & Kate Vyborny, 2016. "Imposing institutions: Evidence from cash transfer reform in Pakistan," CSAE Working Paper Series 2016-36, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Raj M. Desai & Shareen Joshi, 2014.
"Collective Action and Community Development: Evidence from Self-Help Groups in Rural India,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 28(3), pages 492-524.
- Desai, Raj M. & Joshi, Shareen, 2013. "Collective action and community development : evidence from self-help groups in rural India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6547, The World Bank.
- Bah, Adama & Bazzi, Samuel & Sumarto, Sudarno & Tobias, Julia, 2014.
"Finding the Poor vs. Measuring Their Poverty: Exploring the Drivers of Targeting Effectiveness in Indonesia,"
59759, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bah,Adama Bari & Bazzi,Samuel Ali & Sumarto,Sudarno & Tobias,Julia, 2018. "Finding the poor vs. measuring their poverty : exploring the drivers of targeting effectiveness in Indonesia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 8342, The World Bank.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Esther Duflo, 2014.
"Under the Thumb of History? Political Institutions and the Scope for Action,"
Annual Review of Economics,
Annual Reviews, vol. 6(1), pages 951-971, August.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Esther Duflo, 2014. "Under the Thumb of History? Political institutions and the Scope for Action," Working Papers id:5640, eSocialSciences.
- Abhijit Banerjee & Esther Duflo, 2014. "Under the Thumb of History? Political Institutions and the Scope for Action," NBER Working Papers 19848, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schleicher, Michael & Souares, Aurélia & Pacere, Athanase Narangoro & Sauerborn, Rainer & Klonner, Stefan, 2016. "Decentralized versus Statistical Targeting of Anti-Poverty Programs: Evidence from Burkina Faso," Working Papers 0623, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- Abhijit Banerjee, 2015. "Policies for a Better-Fed World," Working Papers id:7623, eSocialSciences.
- repec:eee:pubeco:v:156:y:2017:i:c:p:150-169 is not listed on IDEAS
- Abhijit Banerjee, 2015. "Policies for a Better-fed World," NBER Working Papers 21623, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Antonio Estache, 2016. "Institutions for Infrastructure in Developing Countries: What We Know and the Lot We still Need to Know," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2016-27, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Fafchamps, Marcel, 2016. "Family Networks and Distributive Politics," CEPR Discussion Papers 11245, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- L. Kempen, 2014. "Mansuri, Ghazala and Rao, Vijayendra: Localizing development. Does participation work?," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 112(2), pages 201-205, June.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee, 2016. "Policies for a better-fed world," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 152(1), pages 3-17, February.
- Pranab Bardhan, 2016. "State and Development: The Need for a Reappraisal of the Current Literature," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 54(3), pages 862-892, September.
More about this item
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
- H53 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Welfare Programs
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2013-06-16 (Development)
- NEP-SEA-2013-06-16 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecl:harjfk:rwp13-008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ksharus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.