Analyzing risk management in Mediterranean Countries: The Syrian perspective
During the recent years Mediterranean Partner Countries (MPCs) are facing major political, institutional, economic and societal changes. As a matter of fact, the agricultural sector has been interested by global trends and has become more and more exposed to world dynamics. The resulting exposure of MPCs’primary sectors to risks has called great attention on existing and feasible risk management tools, as well as on the role of public interventions. Our paper deepen on the risk management status quo in Syria and explore the possibility of new policy interventions. The analysis has been carried out through a field activity that allowed to understand the issue based on experts’ opinions. We performed a Delphi Method in selected Farming Systems in order to underline the key aspects of risk management in Syria: while providing empirical evidences of the main issues in risk management in Syria, the paper aims to put new feasible policy interventions under the spotlight.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Publication status:||Published in NEWMEDIT 3 (2012): pp. 35-40|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Donald F. Larson & Jock R. Anderson & Panos Varangis, 2004. "Policies on Managing Risk in Agricultural Markets," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 19(2), pages 199-230.
- Carlo Cafiero & Fabian Capitanio & Antonio Cioffi & Adele Coppola, 2007. "Risk and Crisis Management in the Reformed European Agricultural Policy," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 55(4), pages 419-441, December.
- Stefan Dercon, 2002.
"Income Risk, Coping Strategies, and Safety Nets,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 17(2), pages 141-166, September.
- Stefan Dercon, 2000. "Income risk, coping strategies and safety nets," CSAE Working Paper Series 2000-26, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Dercon, Stefan, 2002. "Income Risk, Coping Strategies and Safety Nets," WIDER Working Paper Series 022, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Santeramo, Fabio G. & Cioffi, Antonio, 2010. "Spatial price dynamics in the EU F&V sector: the cases of tomato and cauliflower," 116th Seminar, October 27-30, 2010, Parma, Italy 95228, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Santeramo, Fabio Gaetano & Cioffi, Antonio, 2010. "Spatial price dynamics in the EU F&V sector: the cases of tomato and cauliflower," MPRA Paper 24930, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Santeramo, Fabio Gaetano & Adinolfi, Felice & Capitanio, Fabian & Contò, Francesco & Sasala, Piero, 2013. "Coping with Risks in the Mediterranean Countries? Let the experts explain," MPRA Paper 49852, University Library of Munich, Germany. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)