Is Stock Market Sensitive to Foreign Capital Inflows and Economic Growth? Evidence from Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Syed Ali Raza & Syed Tehseen Jawaid & Sahar Afshan & Mohd Zaini Abd Karim, 2015. "Is stock market sensitive to foreign capital inflows and economic growth?: Evidence from Pakistan," Journal of Chinese Economic and Foreign Trade Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 8(3), pages 142-164, October.
References listed on IDEAS
- Beck, Thorsten & Levine, Ross, 2004. "Stock markets, banks, and growth: Panel evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 423-442, March.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol & Smith, Richard J., 2000.
"Structural analysis of vector error correction models with exogenous I(1) variables,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 293-343, August.
- Pesaran, M. H. & Shin, Y. & Smith, R. J., 1997. "Structural Analysis of Vector Error Correction Models with Exogenous I(1) Variables," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9706, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Mohammad Hashem Pesaran & Richard J Smith & Yongcheol Shin, 1999. "Structural analysis of vector error correction models with exogenous I(1) variables," ESE Discussion Papers 38, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Rodolfo Aquino, 2004. "A multifactor model of Philippine stock returns using latent macro risk factors," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(15), pages 961-968.
- Chunlai Chen, 2011. "Foreign Direct Investment in China," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14100, April.
- Raza, Syed Ali & Jawaid, Syed Tehseen, 2013. "Terrorism and tourism: A conjunction and ramification in Pakistan," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 65-70.
- Adam, Anokye M. & Tweneboah, George, 2008. "Foreign Direct Investment and Stock market Development: Ghana’s Evidence," MPRA Paper 11985, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2008.
- Sourafel Girma & Anja Shortland, 2008.
"The political economy of financial development,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 60(4), pages 567-596, October.
- Sourafel Girma & Anja Shortland, 2004. "The Political Economy of Financial Development," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2004 39, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Sourafel Girma & Anja Shortland, 2004. "The Political Economy of Financial Development," Discussion Papers in Economics 04/21, Department of Economics, University of Leicester, revised Oct 2004.
- Arjun Chatrath & Sanjay Ramchander & Frank Song, 1997.
"Stock prices, inflation and output: evidence from India,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(4), pages 439-445.
- Chatrath, Arjun & Ramchander, Sanjay & Song, Frank, 1996. "Stock prices, inflation and output: Evidence from India," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 237-245.
- Oke, Micheal Ojo, 2012. "Foreign Direct Investment and the Nigerian Financial Sector Growth," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 2(2), pages 262-275, June.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1981. "Stock Returns, Real Activity, Inflation, and Money," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(4), pages 545-565, September.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross, 2003.
"Law and finance: why does legal origin matter?,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 653-675, December.
- Thorsten Beck & Asli Demirguc-Kunt & Ross Levine, 2002. "Law and Finance: why Does Legal Origin Matter?," NBER Working Papers 9379, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross, 2002. "Law and finance : why does legal origin matter?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2904, The World Bank.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Ash & Levine, Ross, 1996.
"Stock Market Development and Financial Intermediaries: Stylized Facts,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 10(2), pages 291-321, May.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross, 1995. "Stock market development and financial intermediaries : stylized facts," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1462, The World Bank.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Hicks, J. R., 1969. "A Theory of Economic History," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198811633.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Faridul Islam & Naveed Aamir, 2012.
"Is devaluation contractionary? Empirical evidence for Pakistan,"
Economic Change and Restructuring,
Springer, vol. 45(4), pages 299-316, November.
- Muhammad, Shahbaz & Faridul, Islam & Naveed, Aamir, 2011. "Is devaluation contractionary? empirical evidence for Pakistan," MPRA Paper 32520, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Aug 2011.
- Orawan Ratanapakorn & Subhash Sharma, 2007. "Dynamic analysis between the US stock returns and the macroeconomic variables," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(5), pages 369-377.
- Toda, Hiro Y. & Yamamoto, Taku, 1995. "Statistical inference in vector autoregressions with possibly integrated processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 225-250.
- Chor Foon Tang, 2009. "Electricity consumption, income, foreign direct investment, and population in Malaysia: New evidence from multivariate framework analysis," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(4), pages 371-382, September.
- Siong hook Law & Muzafar shah Habibullah, 2009. "The Determinants Of Financial Development: Institutions, Openness And Financial Liberalisation," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 77(1), pages 45-58, March.
- Syed Raza & Syed Jawaid, 2014. "Foreign capital inflows, economic growth and stock market capitalization in Asian countries: an ARDL bound testing approach," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 48(1), pages 375-385, January.
- Pagano, Marco, 1993. "Financial markets and growth: An overview," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 613-622, April.
- Haug, Alfred A, 2002. " Temporal Aggregation and the Power of Cointegration Tests: A Monte Carlo Study," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 64(4), pages 399-412, September.
- Stern, David I., 1993. "Energy and economic growth in the USA : A multivariate approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 137-150, April.
- Adams, Samuel, 2009. "Foreign Direct investment, domestic investment, and economic growth in Sub-Saharan Africa," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 939-949, November.
- Andreas Billmeier & Isabella Massa, 2007. "What Drives Stock Market Development in the Middle East and Central Asia—Institutions, Remittances, or Natural Resources?," IMF Working Papers 07/157, International Monetary Fund.
- Syed ali, Raza & Syed tehseen, jawaid & Imtiaz, arif & Fahim, qazi, 2011. "Validity of capital asset pricing model: evidence from Karachi stock exchange," MPRA Paper 32737, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1992.
"Trade orientation, distortions and growth in developing countries,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 31-57, July.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1991. "Trade Orientation, Distortions and Growth in Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 3716, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Valeriano F. García & Lin Liu, 1999. "Macroeconomic Determinants of Stock Market Development," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 2, pages 29-59, May.
- Hock Wong, 2010. "Terms of trade and economic growth in Japan and Korea: an empirical analysis," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 139-158, February.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:495:y:2018:i:c:p:225-244 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:rss:jnljfe:v5i1p2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ho, Sin-Yu & Odhiambo, Nicholas, 2017. "Analysing the Macroeconomic Drivers of Stock Market Development in the Philippines," Working Papers 23439, University of South Africa, Department of Economics.
- Ho, Sin-Yu & Odhiambo, Nicholas, 2017. "The Macroeconomic Drivers of Stock Market Development: Evidence from Hong Kong," Working Papers 23438, University of South Africa, Department of Economics.
- repec:gei:jnlfer:v:1:y:2016:i:2:p:119-133 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:rej:journl:v:19:y:2016:i:61:p:211-226 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gei:jnlfer:v:2:y:2017:i:1:p:30-39 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:vls:finstu:v:20:y:2016:i:1:p:69-89 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsRemittances; Foreign Direct Investment; Economic Growth; Market Capitalization;
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F24 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Remittances
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-07-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-FDG-2013-07-28 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-FMK-2013-07-28 (Financial Markets)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:48399. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .