Stock prices, inflation and output: Evidence from India
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Arjun Chatrath & Sanjay Ramchander & Frank Song, 1997. "Stock prices, inflation and output: evidence from India," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(4), pages 439-445.
References listed on IDEAS
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Ram, Rati & Spencer, David E, 1983. "Stock Returns, Real Activity, Inflation, and Money: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(3), pages 463-470, June.
- Asprem, Mads, 1989. "Stock prices, asset portfolios and macroeconomic variables in ten European countries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(4-5), pages 589-612, September.
- Y. Angela Liu & L. Paul Hsueh & Ronnie J. Clayton, 1993. "A Re-Examination Of The Proxy Hypothesis," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 16(3), pages 261-268, September.
- Liu, Y Angela & Hsueh, L Paul & Clayton, Ronnie J, 1993. "A Re-examination of the Proxy Hypothesis," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 16(3), pages 261-268, Fall.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1981. "Stock Returns, Real Activity, Inflation, and Money," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(4), pages 545-565, September.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1982. "Inflation, Output, and Money," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55(2), pages 201-231, April.
- Fama, Eugene F. & Schwert, G. William, 1977. "Asset returns and inflation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 115-146, November.
- Bodie, Zvi, 1976. "Common Stocks as a Hedge against Inflation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(2), pages 459-470, May.
- Geske, Robert & Roll, Richard, 1983. " The Fiscal and Monetary Linkage between Stock Returns and Inflation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(1), pages 1-33, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xing-Qiu Zhao, 1999. "Stock prices, inflation and output: evidence from China," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(8), pages 509-511.
- Lyócsa, Štefan, 2014. "Growth-returns nexus: Evidence from three Central and Eastern European countries," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 343-355.
- Syed Ali Raza & Syed Tehseen Jawaid & Sahar Afshan & Mohd Zaini Abd Karim, 2015.
"Is stock market sensitive to foreign capital inflows and economic growth?: Evidence from Pakistan,"
Journal of Chinese Economic and Foreign Trade Studies,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 8(3), pages 142-164, October.
- Raza, Syed Ali & Jawaid, Syed Tehseen & Afshan, Sahar, 2013. "Is Stock Market Sensitive to Foreign Capital Inflows and Economic Growth? Evidence from Pakistan," MPRA Paper 48399, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- SHANMUGAM, K.R. & MISRA, Biswa Swarup, 2009. "Stock Returns-Inflation Relation In India, 1980-2004," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 9(1).
- Samer Al-Rjoub, 2005. "The adjustments of stock prices to information about inflation: evidence from MENA countries," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(14), pages 871-879.
- Sanvicente, A. Z. & Adrangi, B. & Chatrath, A., 2000. "Inflation, output and stock prices: evidence from Brazil," Finance Lab Working Papers flwp_34, Finance Lab, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Hsiao-Fen Chang, 2013. "Are ‘stock returns’ a hedge against inflation in Japan? Determination using ADL bounds testing," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(14), pages 1305-1309, September.
- K.R. Shanmugam & Biswa Swarup Misra, 2008. "Stock Returns-Inflation Relation in India," Finance Working Papers 22514, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- S. I. Spyrou, 2004. "Are stocks a good hedge against inflation? evidence from emerging markets," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(1), pages 41-48.
- Syed Raza & Syed Jawaid, 2014. "Foreign capital inflows, economic growth and stock market capitalization in Asian countries: an ARDL bound testing approach," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 48(1), pages 375-385, January.
- Hondroyiannis, George & Papapetrou, Evangelia, 2006. "Stock returns and inflation in Greece: A Markov switching approach," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 76-94.
- repec:gei:jnlfer:v:1:y:2016:i:2:p:71-86 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mondher bellalah & Umie Habiba, 2013. "Impact of Macroeconomic Factors on Stock Exchange Prices: Evidence from USA Japan and China," THEMA Working Papers 2013-15, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- repec:kap:ecopln:v:52:y:2019:i:4:d:10.1007_s10644-018-9231-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Durai, S. Raja Sethu & Bhaduri, Saumitra N., 2009. "Stock prices, inflation and output: Evidence from wavelet analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 1089-1092, September.
- Dalina Amonhaemanon & Jan Annaert & Marc J.K. De Ceuster & Hau Le Long, 2014. "The Fisher Hypothesis and Investment Assets: The Vietnamese and Thai Case," International Journal of Financial Research, International Journal of Financial Research, Sciedu Press, vol. 5(4), pages 180-195, October.
- Bellalah, Mondher & Masood, Omar & Thapa, Priya Darshini Pun & Levyne, Olivier & Triki, Rabeb, 2012. "Economic forces and stock exchange prices: pre and post impacts of global financial recession of 2008," MPRA Paper 50942, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aviral K. Tiwari & Claudiu T. Albulescu & Rangan Gupta, 2016.
"Time-frequency relationship between US output with commodity and asset prices,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(3), pages 227-242, January.
- Aviral K. Tiwari & Claudiu T. Albulescu & Rangan Gupta, 2015. "Time-Frequency Relationship between U.S. Output with Commodity and Asset Prices," Working Papers 201523, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Tiwari, Aviral Kumar & Dar, Arif Billah & Bhanja, Niyati & Arouri, Mohamed & Teulon, Frédéric, 2015. "Stock returns and inflation in Pakistan," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 23-31.
- Theophano Patra & Sunil Poshakwale, 2006. "Economic variables and stock market returns: evidence from the Athens stock exchange," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(13), pages 993-1005.
- Dikaios Tserkezos & Eleni Thanou, 2007. "Conventional Nonlinear Relationships between GDP, Inflation and Stock Market Returns. An Investigation for the Greek Economy," Working Papers 0731, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:asieco:v:7:y:1996:i:2:p:237-245. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.