The Impact of Immigrant Concentration in Schools on Grade Retention in Spain: a Difference-in-Differences Approach
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Francisco Pedraja-Chaparro & Daniel Santín & Rosa Simancas, 2016. "The impact of immigrant concentration in schools on grade retention in Spain: a difference-in-differences approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(21), pages 1978-1990, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brunello, Giorgio & Rocco, Lorenzo, 2013.
"The effect of immigration on the school performance of natives: Cross country evidence using PISA test scores,"
Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 234-246.
- Brunello, Giorgio & Rocco, Lorenzo, 2011. "The Effect of Immigration on the School Performance of Natives: Cross Country Evidence Using PISA Test Scores," IZA Discussion Papers 5479, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Nada Eissa & Jeffrey B. Liebman, 1996.
"Labor Supply Response to the Earned Income Tax Credit,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 111(2), pages 605-637.
- Nada Eissa & Jeffrey B. Liebman, 1995. "Labor Supply Response to the Earned Income Tax Credit," NBER Working Papers 5158, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ganzeboom, H.B.G. & de Graaf, P.M. & Treiman, D.J. & de Leeuw, J., 1992. "A standard international socio-economic index of occupational status," WORC Paper 92.01.001/1, Tilburg University, Work and Organization Research Centre.
- Martin Schlotter & Guido Schwerdt & Ludger Woessmann, 2011.
"Econometric methods for causal evaluation of education policies and practices: a non-technical guide,"
Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 109-137.
- Martin Schlotter & Guido Schwerdt & Ludger Woessmann, 2009. "Econometric Methods for Causal Evaluation of Education Policies and Practices: A Non-Technical Guide," CESifo Working Paper Series 2877, CESifo.
- Schlotter, Martin & Schwerdt, Guido & Woessmann, Ludger, 2010. "Econometric Methods for Causal Evaluation of Education Policies and Practices: A Non-Technical Guide," IZA Discussion Papers 4725, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Schlotter, Martin & Schwerdt, Guido & Wößmann, Ludger, 2011. "Econometric methods for causal evaluation of education policies and practices: A non-technical guide," Munich Reprints in Economics 19780, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Abadie, Alberto & Dermisi, Sofia, 2008.
"Is terrorism eroding agglomeration economies in Central Business Districts? Lessons from the office real estate market in downtown Chicago,"
Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 451-463, September.
- Alberto Abadie & Sofia Dermisi, 2006. "Is Terrorism Eroding Agglomeration Economies in Central Business Districts? Lessons from the Office Real Estate Market in Downtown Chicago," NBER Working Papers 12678, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abadie, Alberto & Dermisi, Sofia, 2008. "Is Terrorism Eroding Agglomeration Economies in Central Business Districts? Lessons from the Office Real Estate Market in Downtown Chicago," Working Paper Series rwp08-019, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Meyer, Bruce D, 1995. "Natural and Quasi-experiments in Economics," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(2), pages 151-161, April.
- Alberto Abadie, 2005. "Semiparametric Difference-in-Differences Estimators," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 72(1), pages 1-19.
- Shahidur R. Khandker & Gayatri B. Koolwal & Hussain A. Samad, . "Handbook on Impact Evaluation : Quantitative Methods and Practices," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2693, June.
- Susan Dynarski, 2002. "The Behavioral and Distributional Implications of Aid for College," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 279-285, May.
- Nazmul Chaudhury & Dilip Parajuli, 2010. "Conditional cash transfers and female schooling: the impact of the female school stipend programme on public school enrolments in Punjab, Pakistan," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(28), pages 3565-3583.
- Paul J. Gertler & Sebastian Martinez & Patrick Premand & Laura B. Rawlings & Christel M. J. Vermeersch, . "Impact Evaluation in Practice, First Edition [La evaluación de impacto en la práctica]," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2550, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tommaso Agasisti & Ekaterina Abalmasova & Ekaterina Shibanova & Aleksei Egorov, 2019. "The Causal Impact Of Performance-Based Funding On University Performance: Quasi-Experimental Evidence From A Policy In Russian Higher Education," HSE Working papers WP BRP 221/EC/2019, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- JosÃ© M. Cordero & VÃctor CristÃ³bal & Daniel SantÃn, 2018.
"Causal Inference On Education Policies: A Survey Of Empirical Studies Using Pisa, Timss And Pirls,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(3), pages 878-915, July.
- Cordero, José Manuel & Cristobal, Victor & Santín, Daniel, 2017. "Causal Inference on Education Policies: A Survey of Empirical Studies Using PISA, TIMSS and PIRLS," MPRA Paper 76295, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsdifference in differences; immigration; education; PISA;
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EDU-2013-05-19 (Education)
- NEP-MIG-2013-05-19 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-URE-2013-05-19 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:46888. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.