România în perioada post-criză: investiţiile străine directe şi efecte asupra echilibrului financiar extern
[Romania in post-crisis period: foreign direct investments and effects on external financial balance]
Under the circumstances of the global crisis effects on risk appetite of international investors, the net FDI flows in Romania registered a sharp fall in post-crisis period to levels of 1/5 as compared to 2008. Even if the current account deficits of Romania have significantly decreased in the post-crisis years, their coverage by FDI has been reduced below 1/3. The financial performances of foreign companies operating in Romania have worsened, which, besides the erosion of comparative advantages, is increasing the risk of closing businesses and of capital outflows. Taking into account also the major contribution of companies with foreign capital to Romania’s exports (about 70%) the recovery of FDI inflows, helped by adequate measures in order to regain the investor’s confidence and to improve the business environment has become of crucial importance for the perspectives of the country’s external financial stability on medium and long run.
|Date of creation:||15 Mar 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Georgescu, George, 2006. "Inward Processing Trade and Implications for the Balance of Payments Current Account (The Case of Romania)," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 3(1), pages 24-31, March.
- Escaith, Hubert & Gonguet, Fabien, 2009.
"International trade and real transmission channels of financial shocks in globalized production networks,"
WTO Staff Working Papers
ERSD-2009-06, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
- Escaith, Hubert & Gonguet, Fabien, 2009. "International Trade and Real Transmission Channels of Financial Shocks in Globalized Production Networks," MPRA Paper 15558, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Georgescu, George, 2007. "Current Account Deficits and Implications on Country Risk of Romania," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 4(4), pages 88-96, December.
- Zaman, Gheorghe & Georgescu, George, 2011. "Sovereign risk and debt sustainability: warning levels for Romania," MPRA Paper 32924, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:46531. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.