Empirical analysis of foreign direct investments at NUTS 2 region, in European Union and Romania
Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) plays an important role in the development of national and regional economies and it has been considered a force for European Union integration, especially for developing regions. More, the FDI represent a key-tool for sustain development and economic growth at regional/local level. Foreign firms bring new technologies, knowledge and management skills, and local firms can learn from this. Therefore, the presence of foreign firms can improve region’s competitiveness, but fears can also be raised that foreign competitors crowd out local firms, and a net positive effect on the regional economy cannot be taken for granted. The understanding FDI determinants for development regions represent a field of interest both policy makers and investors because they are a particularly driven to market globalization. This study provides an empirical analysis of FDI at regional level (NUTS 2 regions) in European Union and Romania.
|Date of creation:||19 Jun 2015|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eduardo Levy Yeyati & Christian Daude & Ernesto Stein, 2003. "Regional Integration and the Location of FDI," Business School Working Papers doce, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Antonescu, Daniela, 2012. "Identificarea Disparitatilor Si Convergentei Economice Regionale În Uniunea Europeana Si În România," Studii Economice 120528, National Institute of Economic Research.
- Gheorghe Zaman & Valentina Vasile & Mirela Matei & Carmen Croitoru & George Enescu, 2011.
"Aspecte ale impactului ISD din România asupra exporturilor si dezvoltarii durabile,"
Romanian Journal of Economics,
Institute of National Economy, vol. 33(2(bis)(42), pages 130-190, December.
- Gheorghe Zaman & Valentina Vasile & Mirela Matei & Carmen Croitoru & George Enescu, 2011. "Aspecte ale impactului ISD din România asupra exporturilor si dezvoltarii durabile," Romanian Journal of Economics, Institute of National Economy, vol. 33(2(bis)(42), pages 1-60, December.
- Antonescu, Daniela, 2013. "The Regional Development Policy of Romania in the Post-Accession Period," Working Papers of National Institute of Economic Research 131209, National Institute of Economic Research.
- Antonescu, Daniela, 2013. "The Regional Development Policy of Romania in the Post-Accession Period," Working Papers of National Institute of Economic Research 091213, National Institute of Economic Research.
- Georgescu, George, 2007. "Current Account Deficits and Implications on Country Risk of Romania," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 4(4), pages 88-96, December.
- Georgescu, George, 2006. "Inward Processing Trade and Implications for the Balance of Payments Current Account (The Case of Romania)," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 3(1), pages 24-31, March.
- Head, C. Keith & Ries, John C. & Swenson, Deborah L., 1999. "Attracting foreign manufacturing: Investment promotion and agglomeration," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 197-218, March.
- Paul Krugman, 1992. "Does the New Trade Theory Require a New Trade Policy?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(4), pages 423-442, July.
- Haruo Horaguchi & Brian Toyne, 1990. "Setting the Record Straight: Hymer, Internationalization Theory and Transaction Cost Economics," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 21(3), pages 487-494, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:65140. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.