Changes In The Pattern Of Romania’S Foreign Trade Under The Global Crisis Impact
The pattern of international trade flows has witnessed significant changes under the global crisis impact. In the case of Romania, paradoxically for an emerging country, in terms of product composition during 2007-2010, the share of capital goods decreased in total imports and increased in total exports, while the share of intermediate goods recorded an opposite development. In terms of competitiveness, no evidence of significant changes has been found, the most important export chapters having comparative advantages related to processing trade operations. The lack of an export strategy and of appropriate policies able to sustain Romanian exporters on foreign markets, mainly extra-EU, has become obvious.
Volume (Year): 35 (2012(XXII))
Issue (Month): 2(44) (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13 Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucureşti 761172|
Phone: 004 021 318.24.67
Fax: 004 021 318.24.67
Web page: http://www.ien.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gheorghe Zaman & Valentina Vasile & Mirela Matei & Carmen Croitoru & George Enescu, 2011.
"Aspecte ale impactului ISD din România asupra exporturilor si dezvoltarii durabile,"
Romanian Journal of Economics,
Institute of National Economy, vol. 33(2(bis)(42), pages 130-190, December.
- Gheorghe Zaman & Valentina Vasile & Mirela Matei & Carmen Croitoru & George Enescu, 2011. "Aspecte ale impactului ISD din România asupra exporturilor si dezvoltarii durabile," Romanian Journal of Economics, Institute of National Economy, vol. 33(2(bis)(42), pages 1-60, December.
- Georgescu, George, 2007. "Current Account Deficits and Implications on Country Risk of Romania," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 4(4), pages 88-96, December.
- Nicolas Berman, 2009. "Financial Crises and International Trade: The Long Way to Recovery," Economics Working Papers ECO2009/23, European University Institute.
- Pelinescu, Elena & Radulescu, Magdalena, 2009. "The Impact of Foreign Direct Investment on the Economic Growth and Countries’ Export Potential," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 153-169, December.
- Zaman, Gheorghe & Georgescu, George, 2011. "Sovereign risk and debt sustainability: warning levels for Romania," MPRA Paper 32924, University Library of Munich, Germany. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ine:journl:v:2:y:2012:i:44:p:139-159. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valentina Vasile)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.