Fluxurile ISD in contextul crizei globale
[The FDI flows under the global crisis effects]
Over time, foreign investments were the decisive factor contributing to the development of nations, but were the hardest hit during economic recessions. Under the circumstances of the world economy globalization and of the quasi-liberalization of international capital movements, leading to a high degree of financial markets interdependence, the impact of the crisis triggered in 2008 on FDI has been severe: decreased investment ability of companies, both on account of restricting access to financial resources and declining corporate profits; increased costs of financing on volatile international capital markets; reduced risk appetite of investors; deteriorated business climate; re-location of investments portfolio and the pressure of sovereign debts.
|Date of creation:||15 Jul 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hansen, Henrik & Rand, John, 2005.
"On the Causal Links between FDI and Growth in Developing Countries,"
Working Paper Series
RP2005/31, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Henrik Hansen & John Rand, 2006. "On the Causal Links Between FDI and Growth in Developing Countries," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(1), pages 21-41, 01.
- Henrik Hansen & John Rand, 2004. "On the Causal Links between FDI and Growth in Developing Countries," Discussion Papers 04-30, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Manuela Magalhães & Ana Paula Africano, 2007.
"A Panel Analysis of the FDI Impact on International Trade,"
FEP Working Papers
235, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Manuela Magalhães & Ana Paula Africano, 2007. "A Panel Analysis of the FDI Impact on International Trade," NIPE Working Papers 6/2007, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Zaman, Gheorghe & Georgescu, George, 2011. "Sovereign risk and debt sustainability: warning levels for Romania," MPRA Paper 32924, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Narula Rajneesh & Portelli Brian, 2004. "Foreign direct investment and economic development: Opportunities and limitations from a developing country perspective," Research Memorandum 009, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Konstantin M. Wacker, 2011. "The Impact of Foreign Direct Investment on Developing Countries’ Terms of Trade," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Working Paper W, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Georgescu, George, 2007. "Current Account Deficits and Implications on Country Risk of Romania," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 4(4), pages 88-96, December.
- Alfaro, Laura & Chanda, Areendam & Kalemli-Ozcan, Sebnem & Sayek, Selin, 2010. "Does foreign direct investment promote growth? Exploring the role of financial markets on linkages," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 242-256, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:40842. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.