Compound Real Option Valuation with Phase-Specific Volatility: a Multi-phase Mobile Payments Case Study
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter-Jan Engelen, 2004. "Criminal Behavior: A Real Option Approach With an Application to Restricting Illegal Insider Trading," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 329-352, May.
- Cassimon, D. & Engelen, P. J. & Thomassen, L. & Van Wouwe, M., 2004. "The valuation of a NDA using a 6-fold compound option," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 41-51, January.
- Flavia Cortelezzi & Giovanni Villani, 2009.
"Valuation of R&D Sequential Exchange Options Using Monte Carlo Approach,"
Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 33(3), pages 209-236, April.
- Flavia Cortelezzi & Giovanni Villani, 2008. "Valuation of R&D Sequential Exchange Options using Monte Carlo approach," Quaderni DSEMS 04-2008, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche, Matematiche e Statistiche, Universita' di Foggia.
- Geske, Robert, 1979. "The valuation of compound options," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 63-81, March.
- Raul Guerrero, 2007. "The Case for Real Options Made Simple," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 19(2), pages 38-49.
- Tom Arnold & Richard L. Shockley, 2001. "Value Creation At Anheuser-Busch: A Real Options Example," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 14(2), pages 52-61.
- Robert McDonald & Daniel Siegel, 1986. "The Value of Waiting to Invest," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(4), pages 707-727.
- d'Halluin, Y. & Forsyth, P.A. & Vetzal, K.R., 2007. "Wireless network capacity management: A real options approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 176(1), pages 584-609, January.
- Pennings, Enrico & Lint, Onno, 1997. "The option value of advanced R & D," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 83-94, November.
- Torsten J. Gerpott & Klaus Kornmeier, 2009. "Determinants of customer acceptance of mobile payment systems," International Journal of Electronic Finance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 3(1), pages 1-30.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cassimon, Danny & Engelen, Peter-Jan & Reyntjens, Filip, 2013. "Rwanda’s involvement in Eastern DRC: A criminal real options approach," MPRA Paper 46993, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marta Biancardi & Giovanni Villani, 2017. "Robust Monte Carlo Method for R&D Real Options Valuation," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 49(3), pages 481-498, March.
- Danny Cassimon & Peter-Jan Engelen & Luc Liedekerke, 2016.
"When do Firms Invest in Corporate Social Responsibility? A Real Option Framework,"
Journal of Business Ethics,
Springer, vol. 137(1), pages 15-29, August.
- Cassimon, Danny & Engelen, Peter-Jan & Van Liedekerke, Luc, 2014. "When do firms invest in corporate social responsibility? A real option framework," IOB Working Papers 2014.06, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy (IOB).
- D. Cassimon & P.J. Engelen & L. Liedekerke, 2014. "When Do Firms Invest in Corporate Social Responsibility? : A Real Option Framework," Working Papers 14-06, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Lo Nigro, Giovanna & Morreale, Azzurra & Enea, Gianluca, 2014. "Open innovation: A real option to restore value to the biopharmaceutical R&D," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 183-193.
- Lukas Auer, 2013. "SOA investment decision-making using real options analysis," International Journal of Services, Economics and Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(1/2), pages 21-40.
- Engelen, Peter-Jan & Kool, Clemens & Li, Ye, 2016.
"A barrier options approach to modeling project failure: The case of hydrogen fuel infrastructure,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 33-56.
- Y. Li & P.J. Engelen & C.J.M. Kool, 2013. "A Barrier Options Approach to Modeling Project Failure: The Case of Hydrogen Fuel Infrastructure," Working Papers 13-01, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Suvankar Ghosh & O. Felix Offodile, 2016. "A real options model of phased migration to cellular manufacturing," International Journal of Production Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 54(3), pages 894-906, February.
- Rainer Andergassen & Luigi Sereno, 2012. "Valuation of N-stage Investments Under Jump-Diffusion Processes," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 39(3), pages 289-313, March.
- Jeon, Chanwoong & Lee, Jeongjin & Shin, Juneseuk, 2015. "Optimal subsidy estimation method using system dynamics and the real option model: Photovoltaic technology case," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 142(C), pages 33-43.
- repec:taf:eurjfi:v:23:y:2017:i:12:p:1150-1175 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Mueller, 2016. "The right to choose: political decisions and environmental investments," International Journal of Innovation and Sustainable Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 10(3), pages 219-236.
More about this item
KeywordsR&D; real options; compound option model; phase-specific volatility;
- G31 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Capital Budgeting; Fixed Investment and Inventory Studies
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- M15 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - IT Management
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:46053. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.