Optimum Technology Product Life Cycle Technology Innovation Investment-Using Compound Binomial Options
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Morreale, Azzurra & Robba, Serena & Lo Nigro, Giovanna & Roma, Paolo, 2017. "A real options game of alliance timing decisions in biopharmaceutical research and development," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 261(3), pages 1189-1202.
- Avinash K. Dixit & Robert S. Pindyck, 1994. "Investment under Uncertainty," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 5474.
- Lin, Tyrone T., 2009. "Applying the maximum NPV rule with discounted/growth factors to a flexible production scale model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 196(2), pages 628-634, July.
- Ball, Daniel R. & Deshmukh, Abhijit & Kapadia, Nikunj, 2015. "An options-based approach to coordinating distributed decision systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 240(3), pages 706-717.
- Wang, Juite & Yang, Chung-Yu, 2012. "Flexibility planning for managing R&D projects under risk," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 135(2), pages 823-831.
- Jerome Detemple & Yerkin Kitapbayev, 2018. "Optimal Investment under Cost Uncertainty," Risks, MDPI, vol. 6(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Daming, You & Xiaohui, Yang & Wu, Desheng Dash & Guofan, Chen, 2014. "Option game with Poisson Jump Process in company radical technological innovation," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 341-350.
- Cassimon, Danny & Engelen, Peter-Jan & Yordanov, Vilimir, 2011. "Compound Real Option Valuation with Phase-Specific Volatility: a Multi-phase Mobile Payments Case Study," MPRA Paper 46053, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Myers, Stewart C., 1977. "Determinants of corporate borrowing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 147-175, November.
- Tyrone Lin, 2010. "Assessment of decision-making regarding market entry/exit for technology innovation," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 447-457, April.
- Lin, Tyrone T. & Huang, Shio-Ling, 2011. "Application of the modified Tobin's q to an uncertain energy-saving project with the real options concept," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 408-420, January.
- Cheng, Ching-Tsung & Lo, Shang-Lien & Lin, Tyrone T., 2011. "Applying real options analysis to assess cleaner energy development strategies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 5929-5938, October.
- Lo Nigro, Giovanna & Morreale, Azzurra & Enea, Gianluca, 2014. "Open innovation: A real option to restore value to the biopharmaceutical R&D," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 183-193.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arkadiusz J. Derkacz, 2020. "Autonomous Expenditure Multipliers and Gross Value Added," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 13(9), pages 1-18, September.
- Chuan-Chuan Ko & Chien-Yu Liu & Zan-Yu Chen & Jing Zhou, 2019. "Sustainable Development Economic Strategy Model for Reducing Carbon Emission by Using Real Options Approach," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(19), pages 1-14, October.
- Andrey A. Zaytsev & Roman S. Blizkyi & Irina I. Rakhmeeva & Nikolay D. Dmitriev, 2021. "Building a Model for Financial Management of Digital Technologies in the Areas of Combinatorial Effects," Economies, MDPI, vol. 9(2), pages 1-15, April.
- Arkadiusz J. Derkacz, 2020. "Fiscal, Investment and Export Multipliers and the COVID-19 Pandemic Slowdowns Uncertainty Factor in the First Half of 2020," Risks, MDPI, vol. 8(4), pages 1-21, November.
- Natalia Morozko & Nina Morozko & Valentina Didenko, 2020. "The Use of Real Options in Assessing the Development of Small Energy in Russia," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 10(4), pages 205-211.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Trigeorgis, Lenos & Tsekrekos, Andrianos E., 2018. "Real Options in Operations Research: A Review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 270(1), pages 1-24.
- Gorupec Natalia & Tiberius Victor & Brehmer Nataliia & Kraus Sascha, 2022. "Tackling uncertain future scenarios with real options: A review and research framework," The Irish Journal of Management, Sciendo, vol. 41(1), pages 69-88, July.
- Hanne Lamberts-Van Assche & Tine Compernolle, 2022. "Using Real Options Thinking to Value Investment Flexibility in Carbon Capture and Utilization Projects: A Review," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(4), pages 1-24, February.
- Xian, Hui & Colson, Gregory & Mei, Bin & Wetzstein, Michael E., 2015.
"Co-firing coal with wood pellets for U.S. electricity generation: A real options analysis,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 106-116.
- Xian, Hui & Colson, Gregory & Mei, Bin & Wetzstein, E. Wetzstein, 2014. "Assessing the feasibility of cofiring wood pellets with coal for electricity generation: A real option analysis," 2014 Annual Meeting, February 1-4, 2014, Dallas, Texas 162484, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Gonzalez, Asa O. & Karali, Berna & Wetzstein, Michael E., 2012. "A public policy aid for bioenergy investment: Case study of failed plants," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 465-473.
- Casper Agaton, 2017.
"Coal, Renewable, or Nuclear? A Real Options Approach to Energy Investments in the Philippines,"
International Journal of Sustainable Energy and Environmental Research, Conscientia Beam, vol. 6(2), pages 50-62.
- Agaton, Casper, 2017. "Coal, Renewable, or Nuclear? A Real Options Approach to Energy Investments in the Philippines," MPRA Paper 83798, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pringles, Rolando & Olsina, Fernando & Penizzotto, Franco, 2020. "Valuation of defer and relocation options in photovoltaic generation investments by a stochastic simulation-based method," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 846-864.
- Song, Dandan & Wang, Huamao & Yang, Zhaojun, 2014. "Learning, pricing, timing and hedging of the option to invest for perpetual cash flows with idiosyncratic risk," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 1-11.
- Agliardi, Rossella, 2006. "Options to expand: Some remarks," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 65-72, March.
- Guedes, José & Santos, Pedro, 2016. "Valuing an offshore oil exploration and production project through real options analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 377-386.
- Raisa Pérez-Vas & Félix Puime Guillén & Joaquín Enríquez-Díaz, 2021. "Valuation of a Company Producing and Trading Seaweed for Human Consumption: Classical Methods vs. Real Options," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 18(10), pages 1-13, May.
- Su, Hsin-Ning, 2017. "Collaborative and Legal Dynamics of International R&D- Evolving Patterns in East Asia," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 217-227.
- Agliardi, Elettra & Andergassen, Rainer, 2009.
"Last resort gambles, risky debt and liquidation policy,"
Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 142-155, August.
- Elettra Agliardi & Rainer Andergassen, 2009. "Last resort gambles, risky debt and liquidation policy," Review of Financial Economics, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 18(3), pages 142-155, August.
- E. Agliardi & R. Andergassen, 2006. "Last Resort Gambles, Risky Debt and Liquidation Policy," Working Papers 577, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Elettra Agliardi & Rainer Andergassen, 2007. "Last Resort Gambles, Risky Debt and Liquidation Policy," Working Paper series 31_07, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Fahr, René & Janssen, Elmar & Sureth, Caren, 2014. "Can tax rate increases foster investment under entry and exit flexibility? Insights from an economic experiment," arqus Discussion Papers in Quantitative Tax Research 166, arqus - Arbeitskreis Quantitative Steuerlehre.
- Audrey Laude & Christian Jonen, 2011. "Biomass and CCS: The influence of the learning effect," Working Papers halshs-00829779, HAL.
- José Pablo Dapena, 2003.
"On the Valuation of Companies with Growth Opportunities,"
Journal of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 49-72, May.
- JosÃ© Pablo Dapena Fernandez, 2003. "On the Valuation of Companies with Growth Opportunities," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 6, pages 49-72, May.
- Dapena, Jose Pablo, 2003. "On the Valuation of Companies with Growth Opportunities," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 6(1), pages 1-24, May.
- Lukas Auer, 2013. "SOA investment decision-making using real options analysis," International Journal of Services, Economics and Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(1/2), pages 21-40.
- Seiji Harikae & James S. Dyer & Tianyang Wang, 2021. "Valuing Real Options in the Volatile Real World," Production and Operations Management, Production and Operations Management Society, vol. 30(1), pages 171-189, January.
- Wassila Bensahel, 2010. "Une Creation Substantielle De La Valeur Adaptee Aux Entreprises Intensives En Immateriel," Post-Print hal-00479541, HAL.
- Adrian Lei & Martin Yick & Keith Lam, 2013. "Does tax convexity matter for risk? A dynamic study of tax asymmetry and equity beta," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 131-147, July.
More about this item
Keywordstechnological innovation; cloud computing; compound binomial options; investment risk; uncertainty;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jrisks:v:6:y:2018:i:3:p:98-:d:169829. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: MDPI Indexing Manager (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.