Hydrogen Storage for Wind Parks - A Real Options Evaluation for an Optimal Investment in More Flexibility
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kroniger, Daniel & Madlener, Reinhard, 2014. "Hydrogen storage for wind parks: A real options evaluation for an optimal investment in more flexibility," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 931-946.
References listed on IDEAS
- Muche, Thomas, 2009. "A real option-based simulation model to evaluate investments in pump storage plants," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4851-4862, November.
- Bøckman, Thor & Fleten, Stein-Erik & Juliussen, Erik & Langhammer, Håvard J. & Revdal, Ingemar, 2008.
"Investment timing and optimal capacity choice for small hydropower projects,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 190(1), pages 255-267, October.
- Bøckman, Thor & Fleten, Stein-Erik & Juliussen, Erik & Langhammer, Håvard & Revdal, Ingemar, 2006. "Investment timing and optimal capacity choice for small hydropower projects," MPRA Paper 2693, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 31 Dec 2006.
- Venetsanos, Konstantinos & Angelopoulou, Penelope & Tsoutsos, Theocharis, 2002. "Renewable energy sources project appraisal under uncertainty: the case of wind energy exploitation within a changing energy market environment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 293-307, March.
- Elverhøi, Morten & Fleten, Stein-Erik & Fuss, Sabine & Heggedal, Ane Marte & Szolgayova, Jana & Troland, Ole Christian, 2010. "Evaluation of hydropower upgrade projects - a real options approach," MPRA Paper 23005, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Juckenack, Sören & Madlener, Reinhard, 2011. "Optimal Time to Start Serial Production: The Case of the Direct Drive Wind Turbine of Siemens Wind Power A/S," FCN Working Papers 6/2011, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- Madlener, Reinhard & Latz, Jochen, 2013. "Economics of centralized and decentralized compressed air energy storage for enhanced grid integration of wind power," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 299-309.
- Hasan, Nor Shahida & Hassan, Mohammad Yusri & Majid, Md Shah & Rahman, Hasimah Abdul, 2013. "Review of storage schemes for wind energy systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 237-247.
- Boomsma, Trine Krogh & Meade, Nigel & Fleten, Stein-Erik, 2012. "Renewable energy investments under different support schemes: A real options approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 220(1), pages 225-237.
- Rombauts, Yannick & Delarue, Erik & D’haeseleer, William, 2011. "Optimal portfolio-theory-based allocation of wind power: Taking into account cross-border transmission-capacity constraints," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 2374-2387.
- Khan, M.J. & Iqbal, M.T., 2009. "Analysis of a small wind-hydrogen stand-alone hybrid energy system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(11), pages 2429-2442, November.
- Díaz-González, Francisco & Sumper, Andreas & Gomis-Bellmunt, Oriol & Villafáfila-Robles, Roberto, 2012. "A review of energy storage technologies for wind power applications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 2154-2171.
- Zoulias, E.I. & Lymberopoulos, N., 2007. "Techno-economic analysis of the integration of hydrogen energy technologies in renewable energy-based stand-alone power systems," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 680-696.
- Robert McDonald & Daniel Siegel, 1986. "The Value of Waiting to Invest," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(4), pages 707-727.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- van Benthem, A.A. & Kramer, G.J. & Ramer, R., 2006. "An options approach to investment in a hydrogen infrastructure," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 2949-2963, November.
- Myers, Stewart C., 1977. "Determinants of corporate borrowing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 147-175, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:74:y:2017:i:c:p:602-615 is not listed on IDEAS
- Li, Jinghua & Fang, Jiakun & Zeng, Qing & Chen, Zhe, 2016. "Optimal operation of the integrated electrical and heating systems to accommodate the intermittent renewable sources," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 167(C), pages 244-254.
- Petrollese, Mario & Valverde, Luis & Cocco, Daniele & Cau, Giorgio & Guerra, José, 2016. "Real-time integration of optimal generation scheduling with MPC for the energy management of a renewable hydrogen-based microgrid," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 166(C), pages 96-106.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:75:y:2017:i:c:p:918-926 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kitzing, Lena & Juul, Nina & Drud, Michael & Boomsma, Trine Krogh, 2017. "A real options approach to analyse wind energy investments under different support schemes," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 188(C), pages 83-96.
- Eypasch, Martin & Schimpe, Michael & Kanwar, Aastha & Hartmann, Tobias & Herzog, Simon & Frank, Torsten & Hamacher, Thomas, 2017. "Model-based techno-economic evaluation of an electricity storage system based on Liquid Organic Hydrogen Carriers," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 185(P1), pages 320-330.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:82:y:2018:i:p3:p:2693-2704 is not listed on IDEAS
- Qadrdan, Meysam & Ameli, Hossein & Strbac, Goran & Jenkins, Nicholas, 2017. "Efficacy of options to address balancing challenges: Integrated gas and electricity perspectives," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 190(C), pages 181-190.
- Harmsen - van Hout, Marjolein & Ghosh, Gaurav & Madlener, Reinhard, 2013. "An Evaluation of Attribute Anchoring Bias in a Choice Experimental Setting," FCN Working Papers 6/2013, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- Lu, Di & Wang, Bende & Wang, Yaodong & Zhou, Huicheng & Liang, Qiuhua & Peng, Yong & Roskilly, Tony, 2015. "Optimal operation of cascade hydropower stations using hydrogen as storage medium," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 56-63.
- Ghandehariun, S. & Wang, Z. & Naterer, G.F. & Rosen, M.A., 2015. "Experimental investigation of molten salt droplet quenching and solidification processes of heat recovery in thermochemical hydrogen production," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 267-275.
- Díaz, Guzmán & Moreno, Blanca & Coto, José & Gómez-Aleixandre, Javier, 2015. "Valuation of wind power distributed generation by using Longstaff–Schwartz option pricing method," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 223-233.
- Bhogilla, Satya Sekhar & Ito, Hiroshi & Kato, Atsushi & Nakano, Akihiro, 2016. "Experimental study on a laboratory scale Totalized Hydrogen Energy Utilization System for solar photovoltaic application," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 177(C), pages 309-322.
- Locatelli, Giorgio & Palerma, Emanuele & Mancini, Mauro, 2015. "Assessing the economics of large Energy Storage Plants with an optimisation methodology," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 15-28.
- Nistor, Silviu & Dave, Saraansh & Fan, Zhong & Sooriyabandara, Mahesh, 2016. "Technical and economic analysis of hydrogen refuelling," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 167(C), pages 211-220.
- Rohlfs, Wilko & Madlener, Reinhard, 2013. "Challenges in the Evaluation of Ultra-Long-Lived Projects: Risk Premia for Projects with Eternal Returns or Costs," FCN Working Papers 13/2013, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- Harmsen - van Hout, Marjolein & Ghosh, Gaurav & Madlener, Reinhard, 2013. "The Impact of Green Framing on Consumers’ Valuations of Energy-Saving Measures," FCN Working Papers 7/2013, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- Grueger, Fabian & Möhrke, Fabian & Robinius, Martin & Stolten, Detlef, 2017. "Early power to gas applications: Reducing wind farm forecast errors and providing secondary control reserve," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 192(C), pages 551-562.
- Davide Astiaso Garcia & Federica Barbanera & Fabrizio Cumo & Umberto Di Matteo & Benedetto Nastasi, 2016. "Expert Opinion Analysis on Renewable Hydrogen Storage Systems Potential in Europe," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(11), pages 1-22, November.
- Xian, Hui & Karali, Berna & Colson, Gregory & Wetzstein, Michael E., 2015.
"Diesel or compressed natural gas? A real options evaluation of the U.S. natural gas boom on fuel choice for trucking fleets,"
Elsevier, vol. 90(P2), pages 1342-1348.
- Xian, Hui & Colson, Gregory J. & Karali, Berna & Wetzstein, Michael, 2014. "Conversion of Shipping Fleets from Diesel to Compressed Natural Gas: A Real Options Analysis," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170285, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Locatelli, Giorgio & Invernizzi, Diletta Colette & Mancini, Mauro, 2016. "Investment and risk appraisal in energy storage systems: A real options approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 114-131.
- Gao, Cuixia & Sun, Mei & Geng, Yong & Wu, Rui & Chen, Wei, 2016. "A bibliometric analysis based review on wind power price," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 182(C), pages 602-612.
More about this item
KeywordsWind power; hydrogen storage; real options analysis; optimal investment decision-making;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:fcnwpa:2013_003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hendrik Schmitz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fceonde.html .