Workforce Reductions in Theory and Practice: The Swedish Tobacco Monopoly in the 1920s
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bewley, Truman F, 1995. "A Depressed Labor Market as Explained by Participants," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 250-254, May.
- Parsons, Donald O, 1972. "Specific Human Capital: An Application to Quit Rates and Layoff Rates," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(6), pages 1120-1143, Nov.-Dec..
- Hamilton, Barton & MacKinnon, Mary, 1996. "Quits and Layoffs in Early Twentieth Century Labor Markets," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 346-366, July.
- Eric W. Zitzewitz, 2003. "Competition and Long-run Productivity Growth in the UK and US Tobacco Industries, 1879-1939," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(1), pages 1-33, March.
More about this item
Keywordspersonnel management; workforce reductions; downsizing; tobacco industry; Sweden; inter-war period;
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- N8 - Economic History - - Micro-Business History
- J63 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Turnover; Vacancies; Layoffs
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J65 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment Insurance; Severance Pay; Plant Closings
- L66 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Food; Beverages; Cosmetics; Tobacco
- J53 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Labor-Management Relations; Industrial Jurisprudence
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-06-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2012-06-13 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HME-2012-06-13 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:39235. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .