Groups and information disclosure: Olson and Putnam Hypotheses
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sambit Bhattacharyya & Raghbendra Jha, 2013.
"Economic Growth, Law, and Corruption: Evidence from India,"
Comparative Economic Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 55(2), pages 287-313, June.
- Sambit Bhattacharyya & Raghbendra Jha, 2009. "Economic Growth, Law and Corruption: Evidence from India," ASARC Working Papers 2009-15, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Roumeen Islam, 2006. "Does More Transparency Go Along With Better Governance?," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(2), pages 121-167, July.
- Heckelman, Jac C, 2000. "Consistent Estimates of the Impact of Special Interest Groups on Economic Growth," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 104(3-4), pages 319-327, September.
- Annen, Kurt, 2003. "Social capital, inclusive networks, and economic performance," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 449-463, April.
- yamamura, eiji, 2008. "Learning Effect And Social Capital: A Case Study Of Natural Disaster From Japan," MPRA Paper 10249, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anthony Downs, 1957. "An Economic Theory of Political Action in a Democracy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65, pages 135-135.
- Mina Baliamoune-Lutz, 2009. "Human Well-Being Effects Of Institutions And Social Capital," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 27(1), pages 54-66, January.
- Christian Bruns & Oliver Himmler, 2011.
"Newspaper Circulation and Local Government Efficiency,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 113, pages 470-492, June.
- Bruns, Christian & Himmler, Oliver, 2008. "Could you hand me the efficiency section, please? Newspaper circulation and local government efficiency in Norway," MPRA Paper 12582, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2010. "Public policy, trust and growth: disclosure of government information in Japan," MPRA Paper 27703, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mueller,Dennis C., 2003. "Public Choice III," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521894753.
- Kurt Annen, 2001. "Inclusive and Exclusive Social Capital in the Small-Firm Sector in Developing Countries," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 157(2), pages 319-319, June.
- Alt, James E. & Lassen, David Dreyer, 2006. "Fiscal transparency, political parties, and debt in OECD countries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(6), pages 1403-1439, August.
- José Atilano Pena López & José Manuel Sánchez Santos, 2007. "The Olson - Putnam Controversy: Some Empirical Evidence," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 26(4), pages 1-10.
- Bouma, Jetske & Bulte, Erwin & van Soest, Daan, 2008. "Trust and cooperation: Social capital and community resource management," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 155-166, September.
- Monica Escaleras & Shu Lin & Charles Register, 2010. "Freedom of information acts and public sector corruption," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 145(3), pages 435-460, December.
- James E. Alt & David Dreyer Lassen & Shanna Rose, 2006. "The Causes of Fiscal Transparency: Evidence from the U.S. States," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 53(si), pages 1-2.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:oup:jecgeo:v:17:y:2017:i:6:p:1179-1208. is not listed on IDEAS
- Nicola Cortinovis & Jing Xiao & Ron Boschma & Frank G van Oort, 2017.
"Quality of government and social capital as drivers of regional diversification in Europe,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 17(6), pages 1179-1208.
- Nicola Cortinovis & Jing Xiao & Ron Boschma & Frank van Oort, 2016. "Quality of government and social capital as drivers of regional diversification in Europe," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1610, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised May 2016.
More about this item
KeywordsPutnam; Olson; interest group; social capital; information-disclosure ordinance;
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- P48 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - Political Economy; Legal Institutions; Property Rights; Natural Resources; Energy; Environment; Regional Studies
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:34628. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .