Does More Transparency Go Along With Better Governance?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bruce C. Greenwald & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1993.
"Financial Market Imperfections and Business Cycles,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 108(1), pages 77-114.
- Bruce C. Greenwald & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1988. "Financial Market Imperfections and Business Cycles," NBER Working Papers 2494, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 2000. "Natural openness and good government," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2411, The World Bank.
- Daniel Kaufmann & Aart Kraay & Massimo Mastruzzi, 2004. "Governance Matters III: Governance Indicators for 1996, 1998, 2000, and 2002," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 18(2), pages 253-287.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Johnson, Simon & Robinson, James & Thaicharoen, Yunyong, 2003.
"Institutional causes, macroeconomic symptoms: volatility, crises and growth,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 49-123, January.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson & James Robinson & Yunyong Thaicharoen, 2002. "Institutional Causes, Macroeconomic Symptoms: Volatility, Crises and Growth," NBER Working Papers 9124, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Johnson, Simon & Robinson, James A & Thaicharoen, Yunyong, 2002. "Institutional Causes, Macroeconomic Symptoms: Volatility, Crises and Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 3575, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David E. M. Sappington & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1987. "Privatization, information and incentives," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(4), pages 567-585.
- World Bank, 2002. "The Right to Tell : The Role of Mass Media in Economic Development," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15212, July.
- Bruce Greenwald & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1987. "Money, Imperfect Information and Economic Fluctuations," NBER Working Papers 2188, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dyck, Alexander & Zingales, Luigi, 2002. "The Corporate Governance Role of the Media," CEPR Discussion Papers 3630, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mara Andreea SÎNTEJUDEANU & Teodora Viorica FARCAS & Adriana TIRON TUDOR, 2014. "Public Sector Transparency:A Conceptual Dissection," SEA - Practical Application of Science, Fundația Română pentru Inteligența Afacerii, Editorial Department, issue 4, pages 365-372, July.
- Williams, Andrew, 2011. "Shining a Light on the Resource Curse: An Empirical Analysis of the Relationship Between Natural Resources, Transparency, and Economic Growth," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 490-505, April.
- repec:spr:weltar:v:153:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10290-017-0288-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2011. "Groups and information disclosure: Olson and Putnam Hypotheses," MPRA Paper 34628, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Williams, Andrew, 2015. "A global index of information transparency and accountability," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 804-824.
- Langbein, Laura & Knack, Stephen, 2008. "The worldwide governance indicators and tautology : causally related separable concepts, indicators of a common cause, or both ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4669, The World Bank.
- Williams, Andrew, 2009. "On the release of information by governments: Causes and consequences," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 124-138, May.
- Eiji Yamamura, 2015.
"Transparency and Views Regarding Nuclear Energy Before and After the Fukushima Accident: Evidence on Micro-Data,"
Pacific Economic Review,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(5), pages 761-777, December.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2013. "Transparency and View Regarding Nuclear Energy Before and After the Fukushima Accident: Evidence on Micro-data," MPRA Paper 46608, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrew Williams, 2014. "The effect of transparency on output volatility," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 101-129, May.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2011. "Effect of transparency on changing views regarding nuclear energy before and after Fukushima accident," MPRA Paper 34346, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Geginat, Carolin & Saltane, Valentina, 2014. "Transparent government and business regulation :"open for business?"," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7132, The World Bank.
- Ward, Hugh & Dorussen, Han, 2015. "Public Information and Performance: The Role of Spatial Dependence in the Worldwide Governance Indicators among African Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 253-263.
- repec:spr:scient:v:113:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-017-2541-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2012. "Effects of groups and government size on information disclosure," MPRA Paper 36141, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ling, Cristina & Roberts, Dawn, 2014. "Evidence of development impact from institutional change : a review of the evidence on open budgeting," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6968, The World Bank.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:4:p:631-:d:96011 is not listed on IDEAS
- Geginat, Carolin & Saltane, Valentina, 2016. "“Open for Business?” —Transparent government and business regulation," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 1-21.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2011. "Effect of transparency on changing views regarding nuclear energy before and after Japan’s 2011 natural disasters: A cross-country analysis," MPRA Paper 30954, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christian Weyand, 2013. "Why Political Elites Support Governmental Transparency. Self-Interest, Anticipation of Voters' Preferences or Socialization?," Cologne Graduate School Working Paper Series 04-02, Cologne Graduate School in Management, Economics and Social Sciences.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ecopol:v:18:y:2006:i:2:p:121-167. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0954-1985 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.