Market-dependent production set
A country’s production possibility frontier or PPF is defined as the boundary of its economy’s production set in the net output space for a given technology and fixed quantities of primary factors of production. In general equilibrium theory, exogenous changes in technology or primary-factor supplies alter equilibrium prices; however, government-policy induced domestic relative commodity price changes do not alter the shape of an economy’s production set. We show that, under international capital mobility, which is empirically significant, the shape of a country’s production set does, in fact, depend on market forces and this shape can be manipulated by government policy.
|Date of creation:||02 Oct 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vandana Chandra & Nadeem Naqvi, 1997. "Protection and the Shadow Price of Foreign Exchange with Increasing Returns and International Capital Mobility," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 30(4), pages 959-967, November.
- Feldstein, Martin & Horioka, Charles, 1980.
"Domestic Saving and International Capital Flows,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(358), pages 314-329, June.
- Martin Feldstein & Charles Horioka, 1979. "Domestic Savings and International Capital Flows," NBER Working Papers 0310, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan Blinder, 2010. "Teaching Macro Principles after the Financial Crisis," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(4), pages 385-390, September.
- Alan S. Blinder, 2010. "Teaching Macro Principles after the Financial Crisis," Working Papers 1222, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Center for Economic Policy Studies..
- David Franck, 1999. "Tariff and Quota Reform with International Capital Mobility," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 66(1), pages 132-143, July.
- Javed Younas, 2011. "Role of foreign direct investment in estimating capital mobility: a reappraisal of Feldstein-Horioka puzzle," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(12), pages 1133-1137.
- J. Peter Neary, 1995. "Factor Mobility and International Trade," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 28(s1), pages 4-23, November.
- J. Peter Neary, 1994. "Factor mobility and international trade," Working Papers 199409, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- J.P. Neary, 1995. "Factor Mobility and International Trade," CEP Discussion Papers dp0248, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Neary, Peter & Ruane, Frances P, 1988. "International Capital Mobility, Shadow Prices, and the Cost of Protection," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 29(4), pages 571-585, November.
- J. Peter Neary & Frances P. Ruane, 1984. "International capital mobility, shadow prices and the cost of protection," Working Papers 198432, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Neary, J Peter & Ruane, Frances, 1985. "International Capital Mobility, Shadow Prices and the Cost of Protection," CEPR Discussion Papers 58, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lal, Anil K., 1995. "Increasing returns, urban unemployment, and international capital mobility: A trade policy analysis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 181-193, February.
- Emily J. Blanchard, 2009. "Trade taxes and international investment," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 42(3), pages 882-899, August.
- J. Peter Neary, 1985. "International Factor Mobility, Minimum Wage Rates, and Factor-Price Equalization: A Synthesis," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(3), pages 551-570.
- Peter Neary, 1988. "Tariffs, Quotas, and Voluntary Export Restraints with and without Internationally Mobile Capital," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 21(4), pages 714-735, November.
- Trisha Bezmen, 2006. "Foreign Aid under Quantitative Restrictions: Welfare Effects and International Factor Mobility," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(4), pages 709-721, 09. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:33829. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.