Teaching Macroeconomics after the Crisis: A Survey among Undergraduate Instructors in Europe and the U.S
An online survey among undergraduate macroeconomics instructors reveals that roughly half of them were scared when the crisis erupted and remain wary that more may be in the offing. As regards teaching, courses feature much the same lineups of models as they did before the crisis. A striking change concerns public debt dynamics, which receives much more emphasis. Regarding the finer fabric of undergraduate macro teaching, exciting things are going on. A host of topics related to financial markets has entered the curriculum, and there is more interest in economic history, the history of economic thought and case studies.
|Date of creation:||May 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +41 71 224 23 25
Fax: +41 71 224 31 35
Web page: http://www.seps.unisg.ch/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John J. Siegfried, 2010. "Trends in Undergraduate Economics Degrees, 1991--2009," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(3), pages 326-330, June.
- Alan S. Blinder, 2010.
"Teaching Macro Principles after the Financial Crisis,"
1222, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Center for Economic Policy Studies..
- Alan Blinder, 2010. "Teaching Macro Principles after the Financial Crisis," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(4), pages 385-390, September.
- Carl E. Walsh, 2002. "Teaching Inflation Targeting: An Analysis for Intermediate Macro," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(4), pages 333-346, December.
- David Romer, 2000.
"Keynesian Macroeconomics without the LM Curve,"
NBER Working Papers
7461, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivier Blanchard & Giovanni Dell'Ariccia & Paolo Mauro, 2010. "Rethinking Macroeconomic Policy," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 42(s1), pages 199-215, 09.
- Giovanni Dell'Ariccia & Olivier J. Blanchard & Paolo Mauro, 2010. "Rethinking Macroeconomic Policy," IMF Staff Position Notes 2010/03, International Monetary Fund.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:usg:econwp:2011:20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Martina Flockerzi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.