International Capital Mobility, Shadow Prices and the Cost of Protection
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Neary, Peter & Ruane, Frances P, 1988. "International Capital Mobility, Shadow Prices, and the Cost of Protection," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 29(4), pages 571-585, November.
- J. Peter Neary & Frances P. Ruane, 1984. "International capital mobility, shadow prices and the cost of protection," Working Papers 198432, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- George Darko & Richard Dusansky & Pankaj Maskara & Nadeem Naqvi, 2006. "The gains from trade in a small monetary economy," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 403-430.
- Kar, Saibal & Marjit, Sugata, 2004. "Wages, labour mobility and international trade," MPRA Paper 24101, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Basu, Arnab K. & Chau, Nancy H., 1999. "Adverse selection, asymmetric information, and foreign investment policies," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 239-252, September.
- Henrik Egbert & Nadeem Naqvi, 2011. "Market-dependent Production Set," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201145, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Kreickemeier, Udo & Raimondos-Møller, Pascalis, 2006.
"Concertina Reforms with International Capital Mobility,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5888, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kreickemeier, Udo & Raimondos-Møller, Pascalis, 2006. "Concertina Reforms with International Capital Mobility," Working Papers 05-2006, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
- Jones, Ronald W., 2000. "Private interests and government policy in a global world," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 243-256, June.
- Jaime de Melo & David Tarr, 2015.
"VERs under imperfect competition and foreign direct investment: A case study of the US–Japan auto VER,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Modeling Developing Countries' Policies in General Equilibrium, chapter 22, pages 461-483,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- de Melo, Jaime & Tarr, David, 1996. "VERs under imperfect competition and foreign direct investment: A case study of the US-Japan auto VER," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 11-33, March.
- de Melo, Jaime & Tarr, David, 1991. "VERs under imperfect competition and foreign direct investment : a case study of the U.S. - Japan auto VER," Policy Research Working Paper Series 667, The World Bank.
- de Melo, Jaime & Tarr, David, 1995. "VERs Under Imperfect Competition and Foreign Direct Investment: A Case Study of the US-Japan Auto VER," CEPR Discussion Papers 1173, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ronald W. Jones, 2000. "Private Interests and Government Policy in a Global World," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 00-051/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Mamit Deme & David Franck & Nadeem Naqvi, 2005. "A General Equilibrium Skill Acquisitions Model Of Development For Lesotho," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 30(1), pages 15-29, June.
- Michael J. Hiscox, 2004. "International Capital Mobility And Trade Politics: Capital Flows, Political Coalitions, And Lobbying," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 253-285, November.
- Michael S. Michael & Sajal Lahiri & Panos Hatzipanayotou, 2015.
"Piecemeal Reform of Domestic Indirect Taxes toward Uniformity in the Presence of Pollution: with and without a Revenue Constraint,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 17(2), pages 174-195, April.
- Michael S. Michael & Sajal Lahiri & Panos Hatzipanayotou, 2013. "Piecemeal Reform of Domestic Indirect Taxes toward Uniformity in the Presence of Pollution: with and without a Revenue Constraint," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 03-2013, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Marjit, Sugata & Beladi, Hamid, 1996.
"Protection and the gainful effects of foreign capital,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 311-316, December.
- Marjit, Sugata & Beladi, Seyed Abdolhamid, 1997. "Protection and the gainful effects of foreign capital," Discussion Papers, Series II 334, University of Konstanz, Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 178 "Internationalization of the Economy".
- Emily J. Blanchard, 2009. "Trade taxes and international investment," Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 42(3), pages 882-899, August.
- Michael Michael & Panos Hatzipanayotou, 2013.
"Pollution and reforms of domestic and trade taxes towards uniformity,"
International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 20(5), pages 753-768, October.
- Michael S. Michael & Panos Hatzipanayotou, 2012. "Pollution and Reforms of Domestic and Trade Taxes towards Uniformity," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 11-2012, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Cunha, Luis Campos e & Santos, Vasco, 1996. "Sleeping quotas, pre-emptive quota bidding and monopoly power," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1-2), pages 127-148, February.
- Broll, Udo & Hansen, Sabine & Marjit, Sugata, 2004. "Domestic labor, foreign capital and national welfare," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 12/04, Technische Universität Dresden, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Philip L. Brock & Stephen J. Turnovsky, 1992. "The Growth and Welfare Consequences of Differential Tariffs With Endogenously-Supplied Capital and Labor," NBER Working Papers 4011, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lal, Anil K., 1995. "Increasing returns, urban unemployment, and international capital mobility: A trade policy analysis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 181-193, February.
- Devereux, John & Roberts, Bryan, 1997. "Direct Foreign Investment and Welfare in the Transforming Economies: The Case of Central Asia," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 297-312, June.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational Capital Mobility; Protection; Shadow Prices; Tariff-Induced Factor Movements;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.cepr.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.cepr.org .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.