Runda Doha: început fără sfârşit
[Doha Round: the endless beginning]
This paper aims to research existing literature on the collapse of the Doha Round and its causes. The first part is a review of significant paper in the vast literature on the history of international trade from the end of the Second World War until the present, focusing especially, on the beginning of the Doha Ministerial Conference as part of World Trade Organization, but also, the results of the negotiations that followed it. The second part illustrated, briefly, some of the causes that led to this impasse, along with the diametrically opposed perceptions of developed countries and developing ones. The main conclusion is that although it would complete the negotiations within the Doha Development Agenda (DDA), on the contrary, the round is underway and can’t be set a fixed date for completing it. The methology used is based on reasoning deductive.
|Date of creation:||09 Feb 2011|
|Date of revision:||09 Feb 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gary Clyde Hufbauer & Jeffrey J. Schott & Woan Foong Wong, 2010.
"Figuring Out the Doha Round,"
Peterson Institute Press: Policy Analyses in International Economics,
Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa91, 03.
- Bouet, Antoine & Debucquet, David Laborde, 2009.
"The potential cost of a failed doha round:,"
IFPRI discussion papers
886, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Antoine BOUET & David LABORDE, 2009. "The potential cost of a Failed Doha Round," Working Papers 2, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised Jul 2009.
- Bouet, Antoine & Laborde, David, 2008. "The potential cost of a failed Doha Round:," Issue briefs 56, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- BOUET, ANTOINE & Laborde, David, 2010.
"Assessing the potential cost of a failed Doha Round,"
World Trade Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(02), pages 319-351, April.
- Antoine Bouet, 2010. "Assessing the potential cost of a failed Doha round," Working Papers hal-00637583, HAL.
- Deardorff, Alan V. & Stern, Robert M., 2009. "Alternatives to the Doha Round," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 526-539, July.
- Matthew Adler & Claire Brunel & Gary Clyde Hufbauer & Jeffrey J. Schott, 2009. "What’s on the Table? The Doha Round as of August 2009," Working Paper Series WP09-6, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Hoekman, Bernard & Martin, Will & Mattoo, Aaditya, 2010.
"Conclude Doha: it matters!,"
World Trade Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(03), pages 505-530, July.
- Bernard Hoekman & Alessandro Nicita, 2010. "Assessing the Doha Round: Market access, transactions costs and aid for trade facilitation," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 65-79.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:28764. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.