The Collapse of the Doha Round and a Possible Completion of Negotiations
The purpose of this article is to capture as much as possible, the defining of past and present Doha Round, seen as a unique opportunity to strengthen the multilateral trading system based on non-discriminatory rules and its preparation for the challenges of XXI century. Basing on an inductive reasoning, the article summarizes the stages preceding the current collapse, its impact on the world, and researchers opinion on the conclusion of successful negotiations in the Doha Round, in late 2011 . We conclude by saying that the impasse caused by the failure to conclude Doha Round could be resolved with the conciliation desire revival between the North and South to participate, unequivocally, in multilateral trade exchanges specific to globalization era.
Volume (Year): 15 (2012)
Issue (Month): 43 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 6 ROMANA PLACE, 70167 - BUCHAREST|
Web page: http://www.rei.ase.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gary Clyde Hufbauer & Jeffrey J. Schott & Woan Foong Wong, 2010.
"Figuring Out the Doha Round,"
Peterson Institute Press: All Books,
Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa91, January.
- Gary Clyde Hufbauer & Jeffrey J. Schott & Woan Foong Wong, 2010. "Figuring Out the Doha Round," Peterson Institute Press: Policy Analyses in International Economics, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa91.
- Bouet, Antoine & Laborde, David, 2008.
"The potential cost of a failed Doha Round:,"
56, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bouet, Antoine & Debucquet, David Laborde, 2009. "The potential cost of a failed doha round:," IFPRI discussion papers 886, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Antoine BOUET & David LABORDE, 2009. "The potential cost of a Failed Doha Round," Working Papers 2, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised Jul 2009.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rej:journl:v:15:y:2012:i:43:p:165-188. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Radu Lupu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.