Obesity and Diabetes, the Built Environment, and the ‘Local’ Food Economy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Salois, Matthew J., 2011. "Obesity and Diabetes, the Built Environment, and the 'Local' Food Economy," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103649, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- Costa-Font, Joan & Gil, Joan, 2005. "Obesity and the incidence of chronic diseases in Spain: A seemingly unrelated probit approach," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 188-214, July.
- Eid, Jean & Overman, Henry G. & Puga, Diego & Turner, Matthew A., 2008.
"Fat city: Questioning the relationship between urban sprawl and obesity,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 385-404, March.
- Eid, Jean & Overman, Henry G & Puga, Diego & Turner, Matthew A, 2007. "Fat City: Questioning the Relationship Between Urban Sprawl and Obesity," CEPR Discussion Papers 6191, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2004.058040_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:mpr:mprres:6160 is not listed on IDEAS
- Courtemanche, Charles & Carden, Art, 2011.
"Supersizing supercenters? The impact of Walmart Supercenters on body mass index and obesity,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 165-181, March.
- Courtemanche, Charles & Carden, Art, 2008. "Supersizing Supercenters? The Impact of Wal-Mart Supercenters on Body Mass Index and Obesity," UNCG Economics Working Papers 09-3, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Department of Economics, revised 01 Jan 2010.
- Chou, Shin-Yi & Grossman, Michael & Saffer, Henry, 2004.
"An economic analysis of adult obesity: results from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 565-587, May.
- Shin-Yi Chou & Michael Grossman & Henry Saffer, 2002. "An Economic Analysis of Adult Obesity: Results from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System," NBER Working Papers 9247, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Catherine Dehon & Marjorie Gassner & Vincenzo Verardi, 2009. "Beware of 'Good' Outliers and Overoptimistic Conclusions," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 71(3), pages 437-452, June.
- Susan Chen & Raymond J. G. M. Florax & Samantha Snyder & Christopher C. Miller, 2010. "Obesity and Access to Chain Grocers," Economic Geography, Clark University, vol. 86(4), pages 431-452, October.
- Zaman, Asad & Rousseeuw, Peter J. & Orhan, Mehmet, 2001.
"Econometric applications of high-breakdown robust regression techniques,"
Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 1-8, April.
- Zaman, Asad & Rousseeuw, Peter J. & Orhan, Mehmet, 2000. "Econometric applications of high-breakdown robust regression techniques," MPRA Paper 41529, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zhao, Zhenxiang & Kaestner, Robert, 2010. "Effects of urban sprawl on obesity," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 779-787, December.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2002:92:11:1761-1767_2 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brunello, Giorgio & De Paola, Maria & Labartino, Giovanna, 2014. "More apples fewer chips? The effect of school fruit schemes on the consumption of junk food," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 114-126.
More about this item
Keywordscommunity-level intervention; diabetes; food environment; farmers market; leverage points; local food; robust regression; obesity; outliers;
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2011-01-23 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2011-01-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2011-01-23 (Health Economics)
- NEP-URE-2011-01-23 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:27945. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.