Multi-scale Causality between Energy Consumption and GNP in Emerging Markets: Evidence from Turkey
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2004:i:44:p:1-14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Marco GALLEGATI, "undated". "A Wavelet Analysis of MENA stock markets," Middle East and North Africa 330400031, EcoMod.
- Asafu-Adjaye, John, 2000.
"The relationship between energy consumption, energy prices and economic growth: time series evidence from Asian developing countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 615-625, December.
- Asafu-Adjaye, John, 1999. "The relationship between energy consumption, energy prices and economic growth: Time series evidence from Asian developing countries," 1999 Conference (43th), January 20-22, 1999, Christchurch, New Zealand 123754, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Sari, Ramazan & Soytas, Ugur, 2004. "Disaggregate energy consumption, employment and income in Turkey," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 335-344, May.
- Ghali, Khalifa H. & El-Sakka, M. I. T., 2004. "Energy use and output growth in Canada: a multivariate cointegration analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 225-238, March.
- Ramsey, James B. & Lampart, Camille, 1998. "Decomposition Of Economic Relationships By Timescale Using Wavelets," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(01), pages 49-71, March.
- Soytas, Ugur & Sari, Ramazan, 2003. "Energy consumption and GDP: causality relationship in G-7 countries and emerging markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 33-37, January.
- Masih, Abul M. M. & Masih, Rumi, 1996. "Energy consumption, real income and temporal causality: results from a multi-country study based on cointegration and error-correction modelling techniques," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 165-183, July.
- Ogulata, R. Tugrul, 2002. "Sectoral energy consumption in Turkey," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 6(5), pages 471-480, October.
- Samouilidis, J. -E. & Mitropoulos, C. S., 1984. "Energy and economic growth in industrializing countries : The case of Greece," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 191-201, July.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
- Mehmet Dalkir, 2004. "A new approach to causality in the frequency domain," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(44), pages 1-14.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Muhammad Arshad Khan & Usman Ahmad, 2008.
"Energy Demand in Pakistan: A Disaggregate Analysis,"
The Pakistan Development Review,
Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 47(4), pages 437-455.
- Khan, Muhammad Arshad & Ahmed, Usman, 2009. "Energy Demand in Pakistan: A Disaggregate Analysis," MPRA Paper 15369, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arshad Khan, Muhammad & Ahmed, Usman, 2009. "Energy Demand in Pakistan: A Disaggregate Analysis," MPRA Paper 15056, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Benhmad, François, 2013. "Dynamic cyclical comovements between oil prices and US GDP: A wavelet perspective," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 141-151.
- Bamidele P. Abalaba & Matthew Abiodun Dada, 2013. "Energy Consumption and Economic Growth Nexus: New Empirical Evidence from Nigeria," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 3(4), pages 412-423.
- Yu, Lean & Li, Jingjing & Tang, Ling & Wang, Shuai, 2015. "Linear and nonlinear Granger causality investigation between carbon market and crude oil market: A multi-scale approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 300-311.
- Haiyun Xu, 2016. "Economic policy uncertainty and housing returns in Germany: Evidence from a bootstrap rolling window," Zbornik radova Ekonomskog fakulteta u Rijeci/Proceedings of Rijeka Faculty of Economics, University of Rijeka, Faculty of Economics, vol. 34(2), pages 309-332.
- Yılmaz Bayar & Hasan Alp Özel, 2014. "Electricity Consumption and Economic Growth in Emerging Economies," Journal of Knowledge Management, Economics and Information Technology, ScientificPapers.org, vol. 4(2), pages 1-15, April.
- Benhmad, François, 2012. "Modeling nonlinear Granger causality between the oil price and U.S. dollar: A wavelet based approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 1505-1514.
- Mirza, Faisal Mehmood & Kanwal, Afra, 2017. "Energy consumption, carbon emissions and economic growth in Pakistan: Dynamic causality analysis," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 1233-1240.
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:481:y:2017:i:c:p:284-313 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tonn, Victor Lux & Li, H.C. & McCarthy, Joseph, 2010. "Wavelet domain correlation between the futures prices of natural gas and oil," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 408-414, November.
- Jammazi, Rania & Aloui, Chaker, 2015. "Environment degradation, economic growth and energy consumption nexus: A wavelet-windowed cross correlation approach," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 436(C), pages 110-125.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic Growth; Energy Consumption; Employment; Wavelets; Causality;
- Q43 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy and the Macroeconomy
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-04-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2007-04-09 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-ENE-2007-04-09 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:2483. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .